Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hard Corps: Uprising

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 16, 2011

Developed by Arc System Works, Hard Corps: Uprising is the spiritual sequel to Contra: Hard Corps available as a downloadable game on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

(Contra) Hard Corps: Uprising

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

Edited By d0x

I havent had much time with the game yet, in fact I started the trial downloading when I was at work and then had to do some stuff when I got home so I only spent 10 min with it just now.  That was more than enough time for me to buy the points required to purchase this gem.  Name or not this is Contra.  The spread gun still dominates.  The music is remixes of Contra music (so far) and the sound effects are simple yet satisfying.  The gameplay is of course Contra with some new tweaks like strafing and a button to lock you in place so let you aim.  You can also dash which I dont know if id ever use unless required cause running really fast in Contra is a surefire way to get killed.  Speaking of death it you have a health bar now and can take more than one hit (sacrilege!) but getting his once will take away your gun so its not all bad. 

All in all I think im going to quite enjoy it.  Its got the difficulty, its got the basic gameplay, its got the music and even though it has a visual style all its own its still got some Contra flair.  Why didnt they just call it Contra?  Who the hell knows...and really as long as its fun who cares?!

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By d0x

I havent had much time with the game yet, in fact I started the trial downloading when I was at work and then had to do some stuff when I got home so I only spent 10 min with it just now.  That was more than enough time for me to buy the points required to purchase this gem.  Name or not this is Contra.  The spread gun still dominates.  The music is remixes of Contra music (so far) and the sound effects are simple yet satisfying.  The gameplay is of course Contra with some new tweaks like strafing and a button to lock you in place so let you aim.  You can also dash which I dont know if id ever use unless required cause running really fast in Contra is a surefire way to get killed.  Speaking of death it you have a health bar now and can take more than one hit (sacrilege!) but getting his once will take away your gun so its not all bad. 

All in all I think im going to quite enjoy it.  Its got the difficulty, its got the basic gameplay, its got the music and even though it has a visual style all its own its still got some Contra flair.  Why didnt they just call it Contra?  Who the hell knows...and really as long as its fun who cares?!

Raikoh_oni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Raikoh_oni

Yeah I really like it but I think I'll wait till the deal comes out because they always screw me when I buy it right when it comes out.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.