Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Harley Quinn

Character » appears in 41 games

Harleen Francis Quinzel is a former doctor at Arkham Asylum, and the Joker's accomplice and lover in the Batman universe. She is known for her Jester-like aesthetics, childish behaviour, and psychotic devotion to the Joker. She is best friends with Poison Ivy.

Fan's Rendition of Possible Harley Quinn in The Dark Knight Rises

• 59 results
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 106

#1  Edited By citizenkane

What do you think of it?

Personally, I love the style.  It fits in more with Nolan's vision of the Batman universe.  It takes the away the cartoon-ish, over the top aspects of the cartoon as well as takes away the new-age punk/goth almost S&M qualities of the new Batman video games and leaves the dark, old gothic, brutal yet tragic and sad dimensions of a vicious psychopath.
    oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By oatz

Eh, something looks off. Probably just me, though.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By LiquidPrince

I'm pretty sure this is kind of old. I remember seeing it back when there was pictures of Johnny Depp as the Riddler. I'm all for it though, and damn would I be happy if Kristen Bell was in it.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Afroman269

Is that the make-up that's creating the smile or is it actually scarring? Scarring wouldn't make sense if that's what it was but other than that I think it looks great.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheFreeMan

I think the neckpiece and the hat put it a bit over the top, but then again, without that she's just looks like a female version of Ledger's Joker. 

which might be the best you could get in Nolan's style anyways.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By CptChiken

Needs more cleavage. 

But in all seriousness this is PERFECT for nolans batman universe.  
    Has any news about who the next villan will be been leaked yet?

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By citizenkane
    @CptChiken said:
    " Needs more cleavage.   But in all seriousness this is PERFECT for nolans batman universe.  Has any news about who the next villan will be been leaked yet? "
    Tom Hardy seems to be going to play the main villain and there is going to be a female villain as well.  Nobody knows which female villain it's going to be, but I sure do hope it's Harley Quinn.  The rest of Batman's female villains are just too comic book-y and cartoon-y for Nolan's vision of Batman.
    HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By HydraHam

Ehh.. i wouldn't want a quinn like that but it doesn't matter because quinn won't be in the movie, not as that harely quinn atleast (the evil joker side kick) she might show up as harleen but that's it.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By citizenkane
    @Afroman269 said:
    " Is that the make-up that's creating the smile or is it actually scarring? Scarring wouldn't make sense if that's what it was but other than that I think it looks great. "
    It's makeup to mimic the Joker's scarred mouth.
    omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By omghisam

Old image. I doubt Harley would be in any Nolan directed Batman. She just isn't that established in the canon, seeing as she was invented for the 90s cartoon. In the off chance she does make it in, she won't be Kristen Bell with Halloween paint on. She'd either be completely normal looking or completely f*cked up with gnarly scarring.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CptChiken
    @CitizenKane:  yeah i see what you mean about the other women villains, ivy would be pretty hard to do with the style hes chosen.  
    And oh good! I really like tom hardy as an actor, not sure as to which villain he could play though.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By citizenkane
    @omghisam said:
    " Old image. I doubt Harley would be in any Nolan directed Batman. She just isn't that established in the canon, seeing as she was invented for the 90s cartoon. In the off chance she does make it in, she won't be Kristen Bell with Halloween paint on. She'd either be completely normal looking or completely f*cked up with gnarly scarring. "
    You don't know Chris Nolan, then.
    HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By HydraHam
    @CptChiken said:
    " Needs more cleavage.   But in all seriousness this is PERFECT for nolans batman universe.  Has any news about who the next villan will be been leaked yet? "
    If heath was alive and they were using the joker in the 3rd movie yeah it would of been perfect, more than likely nolan had the 3rd idea already planned out like joker turning harleen into harley but seeing as hes dead and nolan isn't going to recast to do that absurd CG shit people were talking about we wont see quinn it makes no sense, have her come to "avenge" joker? for what? putting him back in arkham? the only way to bring her in without tarnishing heaths joker (IE using CG, new actor etc) would be to completely change her backstory and have her be her own person, like a psycho path killer who never came across joker and that would turn just about every single fan away for completely ruining an amazing origin.

nolan is smart not stupid he will end up using hugo or some other villain that is grounded in reality and wouldn't look absurd like a mr freeze and i know alot of people are saying ohh arkham asylum 2 has hugo clearly the movie wont! bullshit, it's batman.. he delt with the joker.. two-face isn't coming back and they won't use mr freeze and most likely no penguin and defiantly no cat woman so who is left? they wanna go out with a bang so chances are it will be multiple characters which is why i think hugo is the main, hires people like deadshot or black mask etc. i just know fans who think catwoman, freeze, penguin, joker or quinn will be in it are sadly mistaken, especially on the joker/quinn thing nolan is close to heaths family and wouldn't shit on what he did to cash in, for christ sakes he wouldn't even put behind the scenes footage with heath what? a year after his death? still wont do it..
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Azteck

Ehh, I actually prefer the one in the game to this one.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#15  Edited By Hailinel
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    Tom Hardy seems to be going to play the main villain and there is going to be a female villain as well.  Nobody knows which female villain it's going to be, but I sure do hope it's Harley Quinn.  The rest of Batman's female villains are just too comic book-y and cartoon-y for Nolan's vision of Batman. "
    I'd love it if the female villain is Harley Quinn, but I'm guessing it'll turn out to be Talia.
    Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kjellm87

I would prefer the older verisions, but then again I've never been a huge batman fan.
    (I'm more into Green-lantern Batman)

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By citizenkane

Hugo Strange doesn't really fit Nolan's style/vision for Batman.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By CptChiken
    @Styl3s said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    If heath was alive and they were using the joker in the 3rd movie yeah it would of been perfect, more than likely nolan had the 3rd idea already planned out like joker turning harleen into harley but seeing as hes dead and nolan isn't going to recast to do that absurd CG shit people were talking about we wont see quinn it makes no sense, have her come to "avenge" joker? for what? putting him back in arkham? the only way to bring her in without tarnishing heaths joker (IE using CG, new actor etc) would be to completely change her backstory and have her be her own person, like a psycho path killer who never came across joker and that would turn just about every single fan away for completely ruining an amazing origin.  nolan is smart not stupid he will end up using hugo or some other villain that is grounded in reality and wouldn't look absurd like a mr freeze and i know alot of people are saying ohh arkham asylum 2 has hugo clearly the movie wont! bullshit, it's batman.. he delt with the joker.. two-face isn't coming back and they won't use mr freeze and most likely no penguin and defiantly no cat woman so who is left? they wanna go out with a bang so chances are it will be multiple characters which is why i think hugo is the main, hires people like deadshot or black mask etc. i just know fans who think catwoman, freeze, penguin, joker or quinn will be in it are sadly mistaken, especially on the joker/quinn thing nolan is close to heaths family and wouldn't shit on what he did to cash in, for christ sakes he wouldn't even put behind the scenes footage with heath what? a year after his death? still wont do it.. "
    Alright calm down, i was just saying that this was the perfect style for nolans world.
    omghisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By omghisam
    @CitizenKane said:

" @omghisam said:

" Old image. I doubt Harley would be in any Nolan directed Batman. She just isn't that established in the canon, seeing as she was invented for the 90s cartoon. In the off chance she does make it in, she won't be Kristen Bell with Halloween paint on. She'd either be completely normal looking or completely f*cked up with gnarly scarring. "
    You don't know Chris Nolan, then. "
    I meant Nolan doesn't strike me as going cheap when it comes to costume design like Schumacher. He either goes extremely understated or really grotesque. If he did introduce Harley Quinn, he'd do something unexpected, not throw on a little face paint.

I'd love for the female antagonist to be Peyton Riley + Scarface.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By citizenkane
    @CptChiken said:
    " @CitizenKane:  yeah i see what you mean about the other women villains, ivy would be pretty hard to do with the style hes chosen.  And oh good! I really like tom hardy as an actor, not sure as to which villain he could play though. "
    There is no idea what villain Tom Hardy will play, but going by Nolan's record so far, it will be a villain that is more grounded into reality and more dark than cartoon-ish/comic book-y.
    zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By zombie2011

Is that the girl from Assassins Creed?  

Also she just looks too young and fragile to be a villain.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By citizenkane
    @omghisam said:
    " @CitizenKane said:

" @omghisam said:

You don't know Chris Nolan, then. "
    I meant Nolan doesn't strike me as going cheap when it comes to costume design like Schumacher. He either goes extremely understated or really grotesque. If he did introduce Harley Quinn, he'd do something unexpected, not throw on a little face paint.
    "
    I think Harley Quinn there looks as understated as Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow and Ra's al Ghul were.  Understated in the fact that they were still villains that fit the Batman canon, but realistic and not cartoony.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By citizenkane
    @zombie2011 said:
    " Is that the girl from Assassins Creed?   Also she just looks too young and fragile to be a villain. "
    Yes, but Kristen Bell is just put in there as a stand in, not the exact actress who people want to see play Harley Quinn.

Also, Harley Quinn is nimble and athletic.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By endaround
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    Tom Hardy seems to be going to play the main villain and there is going to be a female villain as well.  Nobody knows which female villain it's going to be, but I sure do hope it's Harley Quinn.  The rest of Batman's female villains are just too comic book-y and cartoon-y for Nolan's vision of Batman. "
    A noirish Catwoman like from her book would work.  But Talia makes the most sense and would fit.  I think Huntress would fit as well.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By citizenkane
    @endaround said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    A noirish Catwoman like from her book would work.  But Talia makes the most sense and would fit.  I think Huntress would fit as well. "
    I think Catwoman is still too absurd for Nolan's vision and Huntress wouldn't fit well either.  You would have to change pretty much her entire back story to fit Nolan's Batman.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Hailinel
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @endaround said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    A noirish Catwoman like from her book would work.  But Talia makes the most sense and would fit.  I think Huntress would fit as well. "
    I think Catwoman is still too absurd for Nolan's vision and Huntress wouldn't fit well either.  You would have to change pretty much her entire back story to fit Nolan's Batman. "
    Perhaps, but I dare say that Nolan could do a much better job with her character than the clowns that made the Catwoman movie (not that like it would be difficult, or anything).
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @CitizenKane said:
    " Hugo Strange doesn't really fit Nolan's style/vision for Batman. "
    I disagree. You can make any of Batman's villains fit into Nolan's universe. You just need to tap into the element that makes them human, and play around with their psychosis.
    endaround

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By endaround
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @endaround said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    I think Catwoman is still too absurd for Nolan's vision and Huntress wouldn't fit well either.  You would have to change pretty much her entire back story to fit Nolan's Batman. "
    Which backstory of (which) Huntress are you talking about?  I mean in many ways her new origin matches Batman's save the fact her family were violent thugs while the Waynes were well the Waynes.
    drjota

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By drjota
    @CitizenKane said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    " @CitizenKane:  yeah i see what you mean about the other women villains, ivy would be pretty hard to do with the style hes chosen.  And oh good! I really like tom hardy as an actor, not sure as to which villain he could play though. "
    There is no idea what villain Tom Hardy will play, but going by Nolan's record so far, it will be a villain that is more grounded into reality and more dark than cartoon-ish/comic book-y. "
    In other words,this....
    No Caption Provided
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By ryanwho

Ew. No.

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
    Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31  Edited By Stealthmaster86

Yep looks great. But the bad thing is that if they explain Harley's backstory they would need to use The Joker. Kristen Bell would be perfect.
    benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#32  Edited By benpack
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    I disagree. You can make any of Batman's villains fit into Nolan's universe. You just need to tap into the element that makes them human, and play around with their psychosis. "
    Exactly. Scarecrow, at his core, could be considered "cartooney." Hugo Strange is a real dude without super powers, from what I understand. He's just really fucked up and super smart, like the Joker.
    ___pocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ___pocalypse

I'm not really a fan of the image. I like Harley's personality (and original image), and all of her backstory is pretty interesting to me. I don't think she's gritty or realistic enough to make it into the movies, and she's the kind of character that probably wouldn't translate well from being a cartoon. It would be pretty tough to find an actress who could be obnoxious and charming in the same way. 

I haven't done much speculation as far as the last movie or its villains. I would love for them to just go all out and use Clayface, though :P Not gonna happen, but it would be awesome. I think something similar to the plot line in Hush would be neat, but again, not quite realistic enough for the movies.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ryanwho

But he doesn't have a costume. To be a Nolan villain you have to have a dumbass costume and not be magic.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

No.... just no 

if she was going to be in a batman movie it would have been the the one with the joker 

shes really not a stand alone villain 

DocPorpoise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By DocPorpoise

latest rumors have hardy playing Hugo Strange (the villain from the up coming game ) and the female lead as Ra's daughter Talia who was a love interest of batman in the comic, they may have had a kid. i don't think you can have Harley with out the joker not that she can't stand on her own as a character but seeing the relationship between the two gives a better understanding of her.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hamz

Given how TDK ended it really sets the stage perfectly for Professor Hugo Strange to be introduced as the main villain in TDKR.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By citizenkane
    @Anwar said:
    " @GlenTennis said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @CitizenKane said:
    I disagree. You can make any of Batman's villains fit into Nolan's universe. You just need to tap into the element that makes them human, and play around with their psychosis. "
    Exactly. Scarecrow, at his core, could be considered "cartooney." Hugo Strange is a real dude without super powers, from what I understand. He's just really fucked up and super smart, like the Joker. "
    I agree as well, Hugo Strange woulde be awesome, are they already filming the movie, is the script done? Strange was my guess since the death of Ledger, but since the announcement of the new batman game I'm worried they won't use the same viilain as the game(if the script isn't done). In case the script is finished and there is Strange in it, I don't think they would change it because of the game "
    Chris Nolan wants the script done by the end of this year.
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By citizenkane
    @DocPorpoise said:
    " latest rumors have hardy playing Hugo Strange (the villain from the up coming game ) and the female lead as Ra's daughter Talia who was a love interest of batman in the comic, they may have had a kid.
    Knowing the Nolan brothers' writing and how Chris Nolan has taken this trilogy, I very highly doubt that, especially the way they set up TDKR at the end of TDK.  At lest if they do make her a love interest, they won't go so deep with it that hey have a child together.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Hailinel
    @ryanwho said:
    " But he doesn't have a costume. To be a Nolan villain you have to have a dumbass costume and not be magic. "
    Two-Face didn't have a costume.  Not like the cornball Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

She looks perfectly insane, I like it.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I totally dig the style, can't wait for the damn movie!

HydraHam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HydraHam
    @CptChiken said:
    " @Styl3s said:
    " @CptChiken said:
    If heath was alive and they were using the joker in the 3rd movie yeah it would of been perfect, more than likely nolan had the 3rd idea already planned out like joker turning harleen into harley but seeing as hes dead and nolan isn't going to recast to do that absurd CG shit people were talking about we wont see quinn it makes no sense, have her come to "avenge" joker? for what? putting him back in arkham? the only way to bring her in without tarnishing heaths joker (IE using CG, new actor etc) would be to completely change her backstory and have her be her own person, like a psycho path killer who never came across joker and that would turn just about every single fan away for completely ruining an amazing origin.  nolan is smart not stupid he will end up using hugo or some other villain that is grounded in reality and wouldn't look absurd like a mr freeze and i know alot of people are saying ohh arkham asylum 2 has hugo clearly the movie wont! bullshit, it's batman.. he delt with the joker.. two-face isn't coming back and they won't use mr freeze and most likely no penguin and defiantly no cat woman so who is left? they wanna go out with a bang so chances are it will be multiple characters which is why i think hugo is the main, hires people like deadshot or black mask etc. i just know fans who think catwoman, freeze, penguin, joker or quinn will be in it are sadly mistaken, especially on the joker/quinn thing nolan is close to heaths family and wouldn't shit on what he did to cash in, for christ sakes he wouldn't even put behind the scenes footage with heath what? a year after his death? still wont do it.. "
    Alright calm down, i was just saying that this was the perfect style for nolans world. "
    I am calm, i think your non existent "feeling" meter is broken, just because someone does a response that is more than 5 words doesn't make them "mad" or "non-calm".
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ryanwho
    @Hailinel said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " But he doesn't have a costume. To be a Nolan villain you have to have a dumbass costume and not be magic. "
    Two-Face didn't have a costume.  Not like the cornball Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face. "
    Its hard to see because its at night, but he did wear a goofy contrast suit near the end. It wasn't half leopard skin or anything, but it was there.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ryanwho
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " No.... just no   if she was going to be in a batman movie it would have been the the one with the joker   shes really not a stand alone villain  "
    It could be a posthumous obsessed fan. Also Rosario Dawson should play her. Think about it.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By EuanDewar

Maybe im being single minded but I really can't imagine Harley in anything that doesn't feature joker heavily and obviously that aint gonna happen.
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#47  Edited By Yummylee

Looks so much more frightening than Nolan's Joker O_O

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @ryanwho said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " No.... just no   if she was going to be in a batman movie it would have been the the one with the joker   shes really not a stand alone villain  "
    It could be a posthumous obsessed fan. Also Rosario Dawson should play her. Think about it. "
    i guess however shes still not really a stand alone villain and in the one thing that i read where she was the focus she was really more of an anti-hero 
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By WickedCestus

I don't know. I like the crazy Harley Quinn more than the sad Harley Quinn.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50  Edited By KaosAngel

Pass. 

It would be cool to see Bale beat on some bitches again, but not as Batman.  I'd rather have a real threat facing him, and I still feel Harvey Dent needs to be alive to keep up the dynamics of Gordon, Batman, and Dent (like how it is in the comics).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.