Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hatoful Boyfriend

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jul 31, 2011

A visual novel dating sim where players control a human girl attending a high school for pigeons.

On sale for the steam holiday and highly recommended

thatdudeguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Howdy! I just completed this game last night, and wanted to throw my two cents in because there's not much in this forum talking about the Steam release. Currently, it's on sale for $2.50 in the US, and I'd like to make the case for why you should try it.

First of all, the game as-advertised is really good. It's laugh-out-loud funny and once you get into the tone of the story, pretty fun to navigate to gradually uncover a clearer picture of what's really going on at the academy. But I was completely unaware until picking the game back up this week that there's a huge chunk (over half the game) of content that is hidden behind getting every normal ending. And that chunk is really, really good. In the vein of a 999 or VLR-style mystery.

It's not a super-long game, either. With liberal use of conversation skipping and the use of a guide to knock out a handful of endings, it took about 4 hours to unlock every ending. And then the very special epilogue took about 2 hours to play through.

Even knowing there were radical twists in the story ahead-of-time, I was surprised where this story went and had a great 6 hours of exploring the academy as a female human chatting up male birds.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Danny O'Dwyer has streamed himself playing all of these where he does different voices for each individual bird. Well worth a watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.