Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

FYI You might not want to buy this on PS4 (Yet)

DweezilX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I purchased the bundle with Heavy Rain and Beyond yesterday and wow I strongly recommend you wait for them to patch this game before purchasing. In game runs at about 5 fps and is pretty much unplayable while the cut-scenes run full speed. I haven't had a chance to try out Beyond yet but this one desperately needs some attention from people who can make it work.

Dweez

mathj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dweezilx: thats insane and yet i kind of expected it....a re release on a better platform isnt up to standards..how ironic.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, that's weird. I played through all of Heavy Rain when it came out and it was fine. No problems at all.

Cheetoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Haven't heard anything about this. Might be your console?

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the rereleases of both these games, having watched Digital Foundry's reports on both of them. They were super impressed with the bang up job on Beyond, which prompted me to pull the trigger. However, they were confounded by Heavy Rain being broken in every possible way considering it ran fine on PS3. I launched them both and my experience with both games is exactly as they described it in their test videos. I'm not in a hurry to play either again, and I'm sure they'll fix Heavy Rain in a patch at some point (maybe). I hope they get it on par with the Beyond remaster because that one is amazing, as far as remasters go. But Heavy Rain runs like a cross between early Fallout 4 and day 1 Firewatch, if that's any indication of what to expect.

DweezilX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Ya good call. I read a bunch of other stuff about people having this issue and it seems a full reboot of the PS4 fixes it. I'll have to check it out later tonight. Might just need to have a reboot after installing or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.