A side-scrolling shoot 'em up produced by Taito in 1989. It was developed for the Arcade and ported to the PC Engine. It also saw an enhanced port for the Sega Genesis named Heavy Unit: Mega Drive Special. In the far-flung future of 2013, the player's first artificial sun Le Tau is under attack from strange genetically-modified lifeforms and Earth must send in a powerful enough ship to combat them.
The player controls a jet fighter that can transform into a mecha if the right power-up is collected. They can also find other power-ups which increase their firepower.
- MCR-X09 'Heavy Unit' - the main character's ship, a slightly transformable giant robot.
- Death Blinger - Scene 1 boss, and unfortunate victim of Japanese to English translation.
- Flap Bone - Scene 2 boss.
- Float Fortress - Scene 3 boss.
- Hard Shell II - Scene 4 boss.
- MVR-000 - Scene 5 boss.
Scrolling from left to right, the player must navigate each level by destroying enemies and avoiding level hazards. In the course of the game, the player can collect a number of power-ups - Speed Up, Power Booster, Shield Unit, Transformer, and Extend Player.