Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 08, 2017

A horror themed action-adventure game from Ninja Theory.

Hellblade Officially Priced & Dated

• 58 results
    korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By korwin

Certainly a handsome game.

No Caption Provided

The binaural work is also quite effective.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There's something about the combat in this game that feels really good despite being incredibly basic.

Also the voices trip over themselves sometimes to give you warnings but it never seems like its in time to actually help you and that's a fun trick.

hkabaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By hkabaran

Only watched the first 10 minutes of Brad's Quick Look and i already knew this game was for me. Immediately bought it and came close to finishing it and then this happened:

SPOILERS (i wouldn't want to see it if i didn't finish the game)

I was fleeing that "beast" where you have to run from a light source to another and i think i might have missed a torch on my way down. I fell down from a wooden beam into here.

http://i.imgur.com/OhZWq4c.gifv

and my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/hellblade/comments/6sp106/spoilers_stuck_in_the_darkness_jim_sterling_way/

From what i gathered, after reading various forums/message boards and watching walkthroughs, I think I managed to miss a torch, fell down from a platform i can't climb back up and the game uses single auto save and now I'm stuck. I really appreciate it if someone would point out if there's something that I'm missing here. I really don't want to start all over again.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ivdamke

@hkabaran: I think that's what Jim Sterling ran into and it's a massive game design oversight.

Just to be sure though:

If you run through the waterfall and to the right, while sprinting mash interact to have her shoulder charge down the bridge she will land in some light. Is there a lit brazier on the other side of the bridge? Because that's how you solve that 'puzzle.' I can't remember if that's got a torch in it or not.

hkabaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By hkabaran

@ivdamke: Yes i saw a guy called Jim Sterling retracting his 1/10 score from metacritic when searching for a solution on Google. To be honest i feel for the guy =). I'm not sure of the details of it though. He seems to have deleted his review and posted some kind of an apology.

And just to be sure, i just double checked that bridge but nope. There aren't any torches or lit braziers around the bridge. By the way, if you noticed Senua is holding an invisible torch in her hands at the end of the gif. But it won't lit near fire, I can't interact with it.

Edit: Also, i think the solution for that puzzle is running to the bridge, knocking it down, going back through the waterfall lighting up the torch and circle back the other way to the bridge. Bypassing the waterfall. See i have it all figured out =). If only i had a torch.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hkabaran: That's a real shame, I think you may just have to wait for an update where Ninja Theory hopefully puts a torch brazier down there for people to get another torch.

I'd probably encourage you to tweet it at them with your gif if you have a twitter. Although I'm sure they know about it after the Jim Sterling review it still might be worthwhile.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@efesell: Sometimes they're in time and other times they're not. And sometimes it seems like they're just there to mess with you. I swear I've dodged out of the way of a back attack that was never happening because by the time I turn around there's no additional enemies. I don't know if this is by design or just a happy coincidence but it's incredibly effect at adding to the game.

theuprightman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is the best ''walking sim'' game I have played to date, great story, great atmosphere. It reminds me of Gone Home or Edith Finch more than Dmc. I also find the combat to be very satisfying even if it is simple.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.