Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heroes of the Storm

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Jun 02, 2015

Heroes from Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Overwatch, and other universes are summoned to the Nexus for five-on-five combat in Blizzard's take on the MOBA genre.

BOOOOM anyone excited?

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If this shows at Blizzcon 2013 do we think it's going to suck attention away from LoL and DoTA 2 just by being associated with Blizzard? I assume it's gotta be free, if it's not free with a cosmetic cash shop I don't know what's up with the world.

Is all the wiki information on here for sure too? If so the mechanics sound nice, maybe making a little more fast paced. I'm no MOBA expert so I'm leaning on ya'll to translate how the mechanics listed improve or not improve on DOTA 2 or LoL.

I also just don't know if I can handle playing another game like this with character having similar skills but being named differently, though if dendi switches over, I'll switch over.

Budwyzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Budwyzer

I dunno about excited, but I'm definitely interested. As Hearthstone is definitely a testament to, Blizz puts crazy amounts of polish on their games.

So, I will definitely try it. But tearing myself from LoL is so hard as I have so many characters unlocked and actually know WTF I'm doing on there.

- Just looked at the Wiki page. The mechanics sound old, especially since they all refer back to the old title Blizzard All-Stars.

- But the shared gold on kills sounds like a GREAT new mechanic. I get real tired of the "GREAT KILL-STEAL, NOOB" kinda people on league.

BirthWild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@budwyzer: Right right right, It just comes down to the style of the game and mechanics of how things play out. Blizzard also has a nice ability to keep a game running for a while with updates and expansions so there's that.

I guess I just got overly excited because it might be shown as an actual game now and we can try break it down in comparison to HoN and LoL and DoTA.

What if all screens had a similar transition to the Hearthstone booster pack opening animation? Sold right?

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chiablo

If it's anything like Hearthstone, it'll be in super restrictive closed beta so long that nobody will get to see it until 2015.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By TobbRobb

I'll be curious to try it out. I find understanding the quirks of different games very intersting, and it's fun to see how people put twists on the dota formula. I sincerely doubt it's going to replace either of the two major ones as a major time investment though.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@chiablo: Wait Hearthstone's beta is still pretty restricted? I got an invite a month ago, I thought lots of people did.

As for HotS (HoTS is for SC:2, gotta pay attention to the caps) I really don't like MOBAs, at all, but I think if I could play as Diablo I may give this a shot, just because that sounds kinda silly.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chiablo: Wait Hearthstone's beta is still pretty restricted? I got an invite a month ago, I thought lots of people did.

As for HotS (HoTS is for SC:2, gotta pay attention to the caps) I really don't like MOBAs, at all, but I think if I could play as Diablo I may give this a shot, just because that sounds kinda silly.

They have open it up a lot more, but it seems that interest in it peaked a while ago.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.