Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman 3

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jan 20, 2021

The third and final entry in IO Interactive's reboot of the Hitman series takes Agent 47 to all new locales including Dubai, England, Germany and China.

Easiest/cheapest way for me to get all of Hitman 1+2 into Hitman 3?

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Castiel

Platform: PS4

So I own Hitman 1(H1 = Hitman 1 and H2 = Hitman 2) and all the levels for this. It seems like I was able to get all my H1 levels into H2. But the problem is that I don't own all of H2 apparently. It seems like I was able to get the first level for H2 for free back in the day.

I want to get H3, but I am so confused with regards to what is the best/cheapest way for me to get all of the previous levels imported into H3?

H2 is still sold at full release price on the PSN store in Denmark. And I don't want to pay full price for an "old" game. That's crazy.

Am I missing something obvious or is there a way around this where I can pay a smaller amount to get all of the previous levels and content into H3?

DPEP56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

https://www.ign.com/wikis/hitman-3/How_to_Get_Hitman_1_And_2_in_Hitman_3

This is the guide I used. On console, basically, if you for sure own them and hitman 1 is imported into 2, it should just transfer over automatically (assuming it's installed). If you don't own them, you can get the levels through the different access passes (H1, H2, H2+dlc, H2 dlc) which is the only real option on PC until they fix the steam transfer stuff). Your free level is a weird wrench, so I don't know how that will affect things. I don't think hitman 2 was sold piecemeal like 1 so I bet you're good if you own the rest of the game.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Castiel

@dpep56: Thanks, gonna give it a look once I have more time. But this whole transfer situation is so f*#ckin' confusing.

It also doesn't help that they seem to have a million different versions of each game and different versions of the access passes on top of that.

I'm getting tired just thinking about it. I don't care how good the game potentially is. This transfer stuff is so poorly handled.

I know it's too early to have this talk already, since the year have just begun, but when GOTY 2021 starts the GB crew needs to address how cumbersome this process is for people who already don't own all of the two previous games.

DPEP56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it really is a mess. I assume part of it has to do with each game being published by different publishers, but who knows. Good luck!

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dpep56 said:

Good luck!

Haha, thanks. I think I'm going to need it.

I'm too tired to figure this out today. What a mess.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From everything i've seen, there is no kind of loyalty discount or anything with Hitman 3 to get the previous stuff any cheaper, so I guess your best option is probably to find a cheap disc copy of Hitman 2, buy the expansion pass for the 2 DLC locations, then do the disc transfer for 2? Yeah, for as good as Hitman is, it wouldn't be that crazy to just wait until they just sell the whole thing together sometime down the road.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panfoot said:

it wouldn't be that crazy to just wait until they just sell the whole thing together sometime down the road.

I think that ends of up being the best option for me. Sucks, I was looking forward to play through everything with the new improvements from 3. Oh well. Unless there is a sail on 2 with all the DLC I'm not buying it.

doobymoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you haven't tried PS Now you can get access to the standard edition of Hitman 2 with the 7 day trial. I imported H1 into H2 to get access to both in Hitman 3.

serryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By serryl

I was going to buy Hitman 3 as my first entry into the "World of Assassination" series, but then I ran into this exact same confusion. I think the in-game store is clearer, but that's not helpful to someone who hasn't installed the game yet.

My other surprise was the poor value. The H1 access pass is $30 on Xbox, which is a decent 50% discount over the standalone H1 game, but the H2 access pass is full price. Meanwhile, physical copies of both games are selling for less than $20 used, and my understanding is you can also import the levels using physical copies (somehow?).

Maybe I've just been spoiled by GOTY bundles, but I would've expected the access passes for the previous two installments to be a better value. Sure I could jump through hoops buying a used disc, but I'd rather move on to other stuff until the trilogy price is more compelling.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've been playing H2 recently due to the hype around H3 and tried to download additional content for H2 (not the expansion soomething else) and it told me I couldn't dl it because I don't own H2, even though I have it on disc...

Also, I'm wondering if I buy H1 on disc is that a relatively painless experience importing it to H2?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.