Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hitman

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Mar 11, 2016

The sixth game in IO Interactive's stealth murder franchise, simply titled Hitman, adopts an episodic design which continually introduces new assassination contracts for players to undertake.

Body Exploded = No Bodies Found

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MikeLemmer

I had to share this since it was good for a laugh.

I got a Silent Assassin rating in the latest Elusive Target, even though I blew her up right in front of her bodyguards by sniping a propane tank. Apparently bodies are vaporized by explosions, because I got the No Bodies Found bonus afterward.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

A body can... vaporize?

Rigas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

oh yeah, absolutely .

@gundogan said:

A body can... vaporize?

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

i have this problem on a daily basis.

oh we're talking about hitman.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ivdamke

I believe after the summer bonus episodes patch they made unwitnessed explosions from propane tanks count as accidents in the same way fire extinguishers do. Meaning her body did get found but because it was an accident you don't lose your Silent Assassin ranking.

MikeLemmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#7  Edited By MikeLemmer

@ivdamke: Weird, because they certainly heard the GUNSHOTS; they were putting her into Target Lockdown right when I blew up the tank with the 2nd shot.

Sferics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Propane tank explosions counts as an accident kill; so the bodies found don't count.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ALavaPenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke said:

I believe after the summer bonus episodes patch they made unwitnessed explosions from propane tanks count as accidents in the same way fire extinguishers do. Meaning her body did get found but because it was an accident you don't lose your Silent Assassin ranking.

Accidents don't count as Body Found?

effache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke said:

Accidents don't count as Body Found?

Yeah confused on this as well. I feel like that wasn't the case when the game first came out, maybe I never noticed them changing it?

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I think this was changed. Accident kills don't count against you for rating (very important to know for "silent assassin, suit only" challenge). Though I think it will still pop up "body found" on the screen if someone finds the body, to let you know about the resulting "alert" state.

It is kind of dumb that shooting a fire extinguisher or propane tank counts as an accident though...it's not like this doesn't leave forensic evidence. Personally I don't like abusing that one.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice to hear they finaly fixed my biggest gripe with the game. A found body after an accidentkill should never work against you and i have hated that since absolution.

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It never really made sense that you could only get no bodies found if you shove them inside a wardrobe or chest from a story point of view. It would be more beneficial for an assassin's career if you aren't visibly connected with a kill and it was an "accident". A decomposing body in a cabinet is going to get found eventually and then everyone is going to know something nefarious was involved, which is definitely not great for clients.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@effache: @alavapenguin: Yea they don't count, pretty crucial info hah it was super helpful for the most recent Elusive for me.

mavs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sferics said:

Propane tank explosions counts as an accident kill; so the bodies found don't count.

Also an accident: drowning in a toilet. Drowning animation ends 1 second before random npc walks in on you and a dead body, "This is the worst accident I've ever seen!"

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sferics said:

Seems inconsistent because I blew up a propane tank by shooting it to kill the previous elusive target (The Chef) but for some reason it wasn't an accident kill and bodies were found. Maybe it's because I also killed a non-target?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.