Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

So, the online pass for this game is kinda pricey now

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I ended up receiving this game in a grab bag of random used xbox 360 games that I bought last week, and even though it shipped with an online pass code still in the case, it turned out that it had already been used. So, out of curiosity I hit the purchase pass option to see if this game's online pass was the usual $10. Instead it told me that the pass cost negative 1 microsoft point, so OBVIOUSLY I'm gonna get it if they're going to pay me to take it. Then I went to actually buy it and it told me that I had insufficient funds in my account to purchase the pass, because suddenly the price had gone up to 4294967295 microsoft points!

Anybody have a few dollars I can borrow?

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

wat

In regards to that situation, THQ is donezo. Due to the auction of its properties, they are holding off any commercial profit probably until everything is absolutely final. Maybe when Crytek fully establishes Homefront, the online pass will either be brought back to its original price, free, or just removed.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The online is worth it, dude. Trust me.

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thephantomnaut: Yeah that's why I wanted to see how much the online pass was, or if it was even still there. It's not like I actually WANT to play this game online

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@fazzle said:

@thephantomnaut: Yeah that's why I wanted to see how much the online pass was, or if it was even still there. It's not like I actually WANT to play this game online

It reminds me of downloading UMK3 on 360 but never buying it even way after the death of Midway. The pricing details were apparently 0MSP or something and then being restricted after trying to confirm.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

Whatever you do, do notplay Homefront. That abomination is a cancer upon gaming and will destroy the souls of mortal men.

6/10

fazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fazzle

I don't even play GOOD FPSs, so yeah I'm not gonna play this either.

Although I did have a friend over who wanted to play it yesterday, and maybe it's just cause I'm not a shooter guy, but I don't see where all the hate for this game comes from. It looked perfectly competent.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fazzle said:

I don't even play GOOD FPSs, so yeah I'm not gonna play this either.

Although I did have a friend over who wanted to play it yesterday, and maybe it's just cause I'm not a shooter guy, but I don't see where all the hate for this game comes from. It looked perfectly competent.

The story is stupid and tries to hammer home the "THE HORROR...THE HORROR" aspect in the most ham-fisted way imaginable and it takes like 35 minutes to beat the story. And the multiplayer wasn't up to the standards of the other heavy-hitters in the genre.

Basically @ravenlight's assessment was accurate.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Whatever you do, do notplay Homefront. That abomination is a cancer upon gaming and will destroy the souls of mortal men.

6/10

I love that an abominable cancer upon gaming still gets 6/10 from you. What's the verdict on a 2 or 3 out of 10?

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By zeforgotten

@ravenlight said:

6/10

I love that an abominable cancer upon gaming still gets 6/10 from you. What's the verdict on a 2 or 3 out of 10?

abominable testicle cancer.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@ravenlight said:

6/10

Pretty sure he is referring to the insane amount of hate the game got from Giant Bomb, even though it got a 3/5. But lets be clear here, you shouldn't play this game, its not good.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Homefront could've been something. You know all Homefront really needed was like... two characters you gave a shit about. Forget all the 'oh it's so exploitative' nonsense, they would've ate that shit up if that game had two characters who were something more than just 3D models with gruff voices and guns.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zudthespud said:

@ravenlight said:

6/10

Pretty sure he is referring to the insane amount of hate the game got from Giant Bomb, even though it got a 3/5. But lets be clear here, you shouldn't play this game, its not good.

What are you talking about? 6/10 is the lowest score any game can receive.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By abendlaender

Well, those THQ debts aren't gonna pay themselves.

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravenlight said:

6/10

You really don't see that he's kidding?

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I think it happens when you view certain items that were delisted from the marketplace. Happened to me a few times.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@ravenlight said:

6/10

Something with clowns in it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.