Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hotline Miami

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Oct 23, 2012

A top-down shooter game with an 80s aesthetic, a brutal style, and a thoughtful, slightly surreal philosophy underlying the story about the nature of violence.

PSA - Game Soundtrack

gauchoparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gauchoparty

Probably some of you already know, but in the game's folder you can find all of the game's songs in ogg format, ready to copy and take with you.

Now if you feel any weird desires of starting a series of random violent acts on the street, that is entirely unrelated to the music.

Gradev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Gradev
    Kurugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Kurugen

Thanks for the info xen. I now have it playing on Foobar2000.

gauchoparty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gauchoparty

I hope they put the OST on sale, it's amazing the amount of people they got in there, pretty damn talented too.

Coafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Coafi

That soundtrack is pretty hot.

thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By thebrainninja

@Gradev: Fantastic news! I hope they put it up on Bandcamp, or somewhere that sells FLACs. Some dude uploaded a selection of the soundtrack over here, but it is (a) not official, and (b) not for download. As a sidenote, that seems doubly weird, as I don't think Bandcamp accepts lossy audio - maybe the dude upconverted the .ogg (or Soundcloud MP3?) files to WAV or FLAC before uploading, but that would be kind of crazy. Maybe they have different rules if you aren't enabling downloads? I have never uploaded music there, so I've no idea.

...I suppose none of that is really relevant to the discussion at hand. I hope they put up an official download, because I'd love a proper collection of those tracks.

jayc4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By jayc4life

MOON's EP is on Bandcamp to buy, all 4 of those tracks are in the game. Perturbator's "Electric Dreams" is also on the soundtrack, as well as Daisuke and Crush from this El Huervo album. Jasper Byrne also has a Hotline Miami EP, the first 2 tracks feature in-game. All those links are Bandcamp, btw. Figured I'd throw them out there since you mentioned it.

Hopefully they get the rights to sell the whole set as a complete bundle though, that'd be pretty amazing.

Gradev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gradev
    thebrainninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By thebrainninja

@jayc4life: Awesome, thanks for finding all that. If all the tracks are existent pieces licensed for the soundtrack, I wonder if it might be more couth to track them all down, buy them from the artists, then put them into a Hotline Miami playlist - I'm a big fan of listening to original albums/EPs rather than compilations. It'd be more of a hassle than Devolver simply releasing the soundtrack, but it'd be kind of nice to have the tracks in their original context as well. Hmm.

Thanks for tipping me off to this; I'll head further down that rabbit hole later.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Sunjammer

Some of that soundtrack is the best game music of the year (Been a fan of Perturbator for some time, and CoConuts and Sun Araw are new revelations to me), and some of it makes me want to never listen to music ever again. One of the MOON tracks in particular is fucking abominable; For a game with so much abrasive sound, it's funny how a single shrill FM siren can fuck up my day. Everything in the game seems to have a place and then suddenly there's some fucking amateur hour laptop rocker dance music. And I say that as an amateur producer of laptop rocker dance music.

tallTuck94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By tallTuck94

My notebook can't even play the damn game but you just sold another copy simply for the fact the soundtrack is on there.

ds8k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ds8k

Seems like the only song that's not in the directory is Vengeance by Perturbator.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.