Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

HTC Vive

Accessory »

The HTC Vive is a virtual reality headset for the PC, developed in co-production between Valve and HTC.

HTC Vive Priced at $799, Pre-Orders Begin February 29

• 150 results
    Error52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

The package sure sounds better than Oculus because of the full room experience support, but frankly, let's face it - very few people are going to be able to do it anyway

amafi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Got my preorder in. Can't wait, gonna be a LONG time until april. Taking a few hours vacation once I get the delivery day nailed down.

Ended up costing €973 with shipping, and then another ~€30 handling + 25% VAT.

Avatar image for reasonablesteve
    reasonablesteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I went ahead and pre-ordered. Got a few main reasons:

1: I am A-OK being part of the biggest failure in the history of VR. I'm not saying it's going to fail, but I'd be okay just being part of that historical disaster, sort of like I'm jealous about people who own the Ouya, or that dedicated physics card that Nvidia consumed.

2: I needed a new monitor. If absolutely every developer drops support for the Vive, I'll still be okay if I can just use the headset as a virtual theater for playing 2-D (and 3-D) games. I lose some of the fidelity that I'd get buying just a huge TV or projector, but it takes up less space in my house and I have no friends to share it with at the moment.

3: I'm excited about the games that have already been shown. Job Simulator seems neat, but some of the other stuff, like Elite, Fantastic Contraption, Tiltbrush, and even just the cobbled-together demos that developers are posting about all seem like things I want to really explore.

4: I want to show it off. I live in a relatively rural area, and folks around here aren't especially technologically aware. Being able to demo the Vive for friends, family, and co-workers sounds like the best part of the whole experience. Doing the same thing with the Wii years ago was one of favorite experiences of the last generation of games; nothing beats involving grandma in THE FUTURE.

Avatar image for deactivated-62ad23e05bdbc
    deactivated-62ad23e05bdbc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@austin_walker The word "Vive" is conspicuously absent from the title or subtitle of this article. Strike 2, Mr. Walker....

tarynboydNRx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is really expensive and beyond my reach

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.