Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hydrophobia

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 29, 2010

Kate Wilson is a systems engineer who must defend a city-sized cruise liner from a terrorist attack in this XBLA/PSN title. The water physics play an integral part in combating the terrorists and moving around the cruise liner which poses a problem as Kate is aquaphobic.

Enormous title update for Hydrophobia.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 27

#1  Edited By BoringK

Joystiq has a story about a total overhaul patch for Hydrophobia. Apparently they're improving almost everything: controls, graphics, physics, interface, etc. They're also dropping the price to $10/800 points.

If anyone out there still cares about Hydrophobia, what do you think of this? It's surprising given the developer's reaction to the bad reviews that they would turn around and do this. It kind of feels like they rushed the game out unfinished just to be part of MS's Game Feast, then got defensive over it. I'll check it out again when the patch drops, but I get the feeling it'll still be inherently flawed.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DeF

before it launched, I was interested in this game because of the water stuff (obviously) but the quick look and bad reviews gave me a really bad impression of the game.

so, if this patch really fixes all the bad stuff (the writing will probably be unchaged) I might give this a chance again. a second quick look would be nice after the patch! :)

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By benpack

Wow I looked on their website and there's over 100 bullet points of what they fixed. Interesting to see if any websites will give it another look, because I want to see if it's any good.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#4  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Seems all well and good. I might have to check this game out then. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Gonna have to try the demo then tomorrow, still 800 msp is expensive.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DeF

Dialogue and Cutscenes
    • Dialogue Re-edit
    • Dialogue has been pruned
    • Irritating or extraneous lines cut
    • Cutscenes Re-edit
    • Cutscenes reviewed and edited
    • Overly long cutscenes shortened

seems I was wrong. very good news. I'll check the demo!

full list of updates can be found here:
     http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/66891
    Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Jimbo
    • Patched people so they stop playing it wrong.
    phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By phantomzxro

That's great i played the demo and was a bit dissappointed in the game. In which if it was a stand alone i would have maybe still jumped on it but  they were selling this as a episodic game. Which for 15 bucks for 2 to 3 more installments each was a bit much for me being at its current state. Now i may give it another look but i really wish they try to be more upfront about a game being episodic. because i think selling an epsodic game for 15 bucks is a hard sell when in the end your paying 40 to 45 bucks in total. A game need to be close to on par with a full budget title if i'm paying that much.
    Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Jeust

Value 
    • Price dropped to just 800 Microsoft points
    • Trial extended to allow players to sample more of the game for free    

Sounds awesome!
    BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#10  Edited By BoringK
    @Jimbo said:
    "
    • Patched people so they stop playing it wrong.
    "
    Dammit! That's the line I was trying to come up with!
    Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @BoringK said:
    " Joystiq has a story about a total overhaul patch for Hydrophobia. Apparently they're improving almost everything: controls, graphics, physics, interface, etc. They're also dropping the price to $10/800 points.  If anyone out there still cares about Hydrophobia, what do you think of this? It's surprising given the developer's reaction to the bad reviews that they would turn around and do this. It kind of feels like they rushed the game out unfinished just to be part of MS's Game Feast, then got defensive over it. I'll check it out again when the patch drops, but I get the feeling it'll still be inherently flawed. "
    To little to late. 

And to much of a insane rep lady. 
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @BoringK said:
    " Joystiq has a story about a total overhaul patch for Hydrophobia. Apparently they're improving almost everything: controls, graphics, physics, interface, etc. They're also dropping the price to $10/800 points.  If anyone out there still cares about Hydrophobia, what do you think of this? It's surprising given the developer's reaction to the bad reviews that they would turn around and do this. It kind of feels like they rushed the game out unfinished just to be part of MS's Game Feast, then got defensive over it. I'll check it out again when the patch drops, but I get the feeling it'll still be inherently flawed. "
    To little to late.  And to much of a insane rep lady.  "

Too.

On another note, about how long is this game supposed to be?  Even if they made everything about it work well, I wouldn't want to pick it up if it's four hours or something.
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @SpaceInsomniac said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @BoringK said:
     Too.  On another note, about how long is this game supposed to be?  Even if they made everything about it work well, I wouldn't want to pick it up if it's four hours or something. "
    We do not need grammar nazis here. So stop it. 
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Ghostiet

Wow.

Still, probably it's just too late for it to make any sense.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @SpaceInsomniac said:
    " @BoringK said:
     Too.  On another note, about how long is this game supposed to be?  Even if they made everything about it work well, I wouldn't want to pick it up if it's four hours or something. "
    We do not need grammar nazis here. So stop it.  "

There is a fair line between being a Grammar Nazi and just correcting a mistake. And you know, we don't need assholes here. So stop being one.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ghostiet said:
    "

Wow.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @SpaceInsomniac said:

" @BoringK said:

There is a fair line between being a Grammar Nazi and just correcting a mistake. And you know, we don't need assholes here. So stop being one.

"
    Everyone makes mistakes. And there is no need to just do that. Also hardly anyone knows the correct difference between the words.  

Aside from that the game is not gonna recover most likely. Also with the story of the crazy lady calling people to tell them they are playing wrong. It would be a hard recovery road. 
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ghostiet
    @The_Laughing_Man:
    Correct difference? What?
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#17  Edited By BeachThunder

Good to see a developer doing this :)

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Ghostiet said:
    " @The_Laughing_Man:Correct difference? What? "
    Not gonna play with you. 

Back on topic. 

@BeachThunder said:
    " Good to see a developer doing this :) "
    Again this is stuff they should have caught in the beta. That is a massive list it could have been implemented before its release and the date pushed back. 
    Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By Rockdalf
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " @Ghostiet said:
    "

Wow.

@The_Laughing_Man said:

" @SpaceInsomniac said:

" @BoringK said:

"
    Everyone makes mistakes. And there is no need to just do that. Also hardly anyone knows the correct difference between the words.   Aside from that the game is not gonna recover most likely. Also with the story of the crazy lady calling people to tell them they are playing wrong. It would be a hard recovery road.  "
    Oh, correct your damn panties then collect your big boy pants from your ankles.  If you can`t take someone correcting your mistake, the fault lies with you.  Ironically, all you posted was correctly linking the story, but have received no criticism from the OP.  Just gather what dignity remains and say you`re sorry.
    veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By veektarius

Saying a game  can't succeed because the PR lady was nuts?  Seems almost like a non sequitur.

InKtOiD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By InKtOiD

Just so I can be clear now, is this thread about what a horrid game Hydrophobia was and the soon to come patch that is slated to improve virtually everything for it? Or has it just turned into more of a bitch fit over the way people spell or the grammar that they use?

Not everyones can be as smarts as some of you other cool guys.

So maybe you should just not correct people when they make a typo. We all make typos and if you say you do not then you're just a lying petty little shit.

Also maybe try not to get so upset when someone comments on your posts, or the posts of another. Just take note that they are a douche and move on.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Karl_Boss
    @The_Laughing_Man: He wasn't being aggressive towards you, no need to call him a grammar nazi.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ryanwho

But can they patch a soul into the empty vessels of those heartless game reviewers? I fear they cannot.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By louiedog

This is now in my download queue. I didn't even bother with the demo when this launched because of the quick look and all the negative things people I know were saying. Too bad I'm visiting family and won't be able to turn on my Xbox for a week to play it. Oh, and I'm expecting to get a couple of games for Christmas. Oh, and my backlog. Dammit, what have I done?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.