Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

I Am Alive

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 07, 2012

I Am Alive is a survival game. The story revolves around a man trying to find his family in the ruined Midwestern city of Haventon after a devastating, apocalyptic event.

Does arrows have limited use?

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By foggel

Does anybody know if the arrow breaks after a specific number of uses? I just shot a guy, but I don't seem to be able to pull it out of him. If they're not supposed to disappear I think I'll retry to last checkpoint.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Haven't been able to play the full game myself yet, but a quick google search says you're suppose to be able to pull them off bodies.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By foggel
    @SomeDeliCook said:

Haven't been able to play the full game myself yet, but a quick google search says you're suppose to be able to pull them off bodies.

Yeah I know, but I didn't find anywhere that said how many times. Like, say "infinite". But thanks, guess I'll reload. It didn't help that his gun had zero bullets in it either.
    SarjuTheRapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SarjuTheRapper

damn this game is pretty crazy

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@foggel said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Yeah I know, but I didn't find anywhere that said how many times. Like, say "infinite". But thanks, guess I'll reload. It didn't help that his gun had zero bullets in it either.

Did reloading help at all? I wonder if they have a random chance to break or something glitched out

Nefhril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Nefhril

I completed the game and the arrows do not break but take care of them, arrows are extremely rare.

Also a heads up one time I killed a guy with an arrow and a cutscene was triggered when it ended my arrow was gone so I had to restart could not afford to loose it to a bug.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By foggel
    @SomeDeliCook said:

@foggel said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

Did reloading help at all? I wonder if they have a random chance to break or something glitched out

It helped. So like  @Nefhril: said they don't break. I also found out that if you pick up a weapon that does not have bullets in it, it doesn't mean that the enemy that had it can't shoot. After I reloaded I went back to the same guy thinking he couldn't shoot, but BLAM, I had to use one more retry hehe. I noticed that if I had 3 or more bullets many enemies did not drop ammo. Probably to make it scarce.
    Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Klei

I never found any more arrows than the one I got with the bow. And I think that, throughout all the game I've ever played, I've never killed that much people with a single arrow than in I Am Alive.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By foggel
    @Klei: Hehe that's true. But I found one more in the last episode, right after I gave the pistol away.
    BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BPRJCTX

@foggel: Yeah me too, also, am i the only one who had the shotgun?

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By foggel
    @BPRJCTX: I got it from that hunchback guy, or whatever he was.
    Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Twiggy199

Was Brad playing this wrong?. I'm playing on the harder difficulty, my inventory is always full of supplies, i have 3 bullets in my pistol, my shot-gun has round-about 4 bullets left and i have 3 arrows, for me this hasn't been a survival game, just a more atmospheric Prince of Persia!.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.