Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

I Am Alive

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Mar 07, 2012

I Am Alive is a survival game. The story revolves around a man trying to find his family in the ruined Midwestern city of Haventon after a devastating, apocalyptic event.

Oh wow

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

Edited By Sunjammer

Really impressed with this game. It's kinda ugly and cheap looking, but thematically I'm 100% behind it. I love the way "combat" works, and the feeling that almost every single thing you do has weight and meaning to it. I had to stop playing it after a couple of hours because I was mentally exhausted.

I understand why the game has to be this way, a lower budget downloadable title, but i hope other games take note of how it handles enemy encounters. This is a tense, cool game, and I can't remember the last time I played anything like it.

Sidenote, either I'm a god damn genius, or Brad is kind of bad at the game :-P It is NOT as frustrating as he made it look, though it is as tense. The game telegraphs climbing points to you real obvious like, and enemy encounters require you to be decisive, but are not random unless you allow them to be.

Sunjammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Sunjammer

Really impressed with this game. It's kinda ugly and cheap looking, but thematically I'm 100% behind it. I love the way "combat" works, and the feeling that almost every single thing you do has weight and meaning to it. I had to stop playing it after a couple of hours because I was mentally exhausted.

I understand why the game has to be this way, a lower budget downloadable title, but i hope other games take note of how it handles enemy encounters. This is a tense, cool game, and I can't remember the last time I played anything like it.

Sidenote, either I'm a god damn genius, or Brad is kind of bad at the game :-P It is NOT as frustrating as he made it look, though it is as tense. The game telegraphs climbing points to you real obvious like, and enemy encounters require you to be decisive, but are not random unless you allow them to be.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I'm still surprised that a big-name developer allowed an effort-ful and punishing game to be made in this day and age. Ubisoft? A game with minimal weaponry, stamina limitations and quickly-depleted health? Permanent stamina bar punishments? Climbing that doesn't hold your hand?  
    I thought this was 2006 when I watched the dev videos/gb quick look. Can't believe the same developer is pushing Far Fuck 3.

confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By confideration

Disappointing it ended up being a smaller experience than I anticipated. I think it was E3 like 2 years ago when this game was talked about and I really like the concept. Still have not purchased but I will... glad to hear it is actually well done for what it is.

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By BPRJCTX

Actually, for an XBLA game, this game looks amazing!!!

Just because it kinda looks like a full retail game, ppl seem to forget that it's an XBLA game, and it's only 15$.

The game's a steal at that price, and totally worth playing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.