Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Infamous: Second Son, what did you think?

• 61 results
    GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#51  Edited By GunstarRed

Really curious to see where they take infamous at this point. I liked both the first and the second games, although I think I preferred the first a little more. I have a strange feeling they will just ditch all of the comicbookishness this time around. I was a little bummed when there was less focus on it in infamous 2.

Smoke powers seems like a cool thing though.

I also hope there's more bosses like the first game, less giant monster through the streets bullshit. I love it when you have these cool superhero face-off's against other superpowered people.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I am kind of with Brad on how cool I think it looked... it didn't really look like an infamous game, but I am totally down if they can tie that environment and feel into the comic book feel of the old games. I really like the direction of the new game... the presenter, kind of weird though... he seemed like he should have been wearing a tinfoil hat at the Sony conference...

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Of all the games announced this is the one I'm most excited about. I expected to play The Witness at some point but I truly hope this is a launch game, because I'm there. Doesn't even matter if they do much different from the other two games. I actually hope Sucker Punch does a DMC style reboot and just go crazy with the style/mechanics, right now the game looks like a higher res version of Prototype.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Interest is pretty high, especially after it was revealed that the trailer was all gameplay, crazy

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Infamous and Infamous 2 were some of the best games on PS3. If they can somehow make it even crazier without the game getting in the way of itself (and its awesome controls) it will be amazing.

They should hire a couple of new sound guys though.. the ambient effects (or the lack of ambient effects) were always weird.

TBird13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TBird13

I'm interested to see how it plays. Cole was all about shooting dudes with the electric equivalent of shooter staples (he had the grenade lightning, rocket lightning, sniper lightning, etc.), whereas I don't know about this guy. They said he had smoke powers and it maybe looked like teleporting and the Ghost Rider-esque chains would be more prevalent, but who knows. Anyways, should be cool.

I think it's interesting that for both this and Killzone, they've put in a time skip to kind of reset the stories a bit and make them more accessible to new players. Makes me think that they're both new franchises within franchises, so to speak.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#58  Edited By Yummylee

@tbird13 said:

I'm interested to see how it plays. Cole was all about shooting dudes with the electric equivalent of shooter staples (he had the grenade lightning, rocket lightning, sniper lightning, etc.), whereas I don't know about this guy. They said he had smoke powers and it maybe looked like teleporting and the Ghost Rider-esque chains would be more prevalent, but who knows. Anyways, should be cool.

Judging by the trailer anywhoo, it looks like this new protagonist may place a bigger emphasise on melee combat than Cole.

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure the chain on his wrist has a similar gameplay purpose as Cole's AMP in Infamous 2. Basically, it extends his reach so that melee isn't so annoying to do. After playing infamous 1 again, that short melee reach was unbearable.

donfonzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looking forward to the game.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Pretty sure the chain on his wrist has a similar gameplay purpose as Cole's AMP in Infamous 2. Basically, it extends his reach so that melee isn't so annoying to do. After playing infamous 1 again, that short melee reach was unbearable.

It was a little clumsy in the original, but I think the melee worked fine and was actually pretty fun in inFAMOUS 2.

natedawg_kz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#62  Edited By natedawg_kz

I'm pretty hyped for this games though it won't feel the same without Cole and Zeke

Vertrucio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Vertrucio

Oh, I bet Zeke will make an appearance, although they should downplay him just to give other characters a chance to rise. I also wouldn't be surprised if Cole makes some kind of appearance, even if it's just his corpse on ice at a DUP lab where they've been experimenting on it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.