Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Infamous Second Son's frame rate issues

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It is a free game for ps+ members this month. I am like 2-3 hours in the game and i have to say that the fps drops are sometimes terrible. Such a dissapointement. I thought that as a launch title it will be smooth.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Frame rate issues are the least of that game's problems. Just play 2 instead.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I want to say they introduced an uncapped frame-rate setting months after launch. Maybe that's the problem. It's been so long since I played it that I can't remember if it holds 30fps most of the time.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OurSin_360

I dont remember any performance issues with that game, could be that i wasn't as susceptible to bad frame rate back then.

And if there is a variable framerate option turn that off as it would probably have drops from 45-30 which would make it look worse than smooth 30.

Richardqx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In my case, there r parts where the fps drops below 10 :/

odinsmana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird. It`s been a it since I played it, but I don`t remember having any serious framerate issues.

JazzyJeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Check the options for different visual modes. I played it at launch and I don't remember the game having framerate problems.

Boss_Kowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

I'll echo others by saying I didn't experience frame rate issues when I played the game near launch. The story has its share of disappointments, but performance problems were nonexistent for me in Second Son and First Light.

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I also downloaded it for PS Plus, having the same problem. Pretty much whenever there's a lot of particle effects on screen or more than ~20 enemies on screen the FPS hitches bad.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Weird. It`s been a it since I played it, but I don`t remember having any serious framerate issues.

Me neither. It has an adaptive framerate that ranged from a smooth 60 to like 30's which is unnerving for some people, but I never remember it dropping below into the "bad zone" of FPS.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

Second Son isn't very good, unfortunately. The frame rate isn't the biggest issue, but yeah it's too bad. Didn't they update it to give the option to limit it to just 30fps? I thought they had. I didn't do it because it felt even more unsteady, and I preferred the unlocked frame rate more.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.