Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous: Second Son

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Mar 21, 2014

Set seven years after the events of inFamous 2, Second Son stars a new protagonist, Delsin Rowe, who fights back against government oppression and must face off with his own brother in the process. It takes place in the city of Seattle, Washington, the first real location used in the series.

Who is buying a PS4 just for this?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#1  Edited By Jedted

I really wanna play Second Son(i played the shit out of the first two) but i'm not sure if i'm ready to drop $400 on a new console. I assume this will be a big system seller and will probably be included in some holiday bundle later down the road.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Does it count if I used this game as justification when I bought my PS4 last year?

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Maybe i'll just play Festival of Blood to tide me over.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Does it count if I used this game as justification when I bought my PS4 last year?

I'm wondering this as well.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
    thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By thelastgunslinger

I don't have a PS4 just for InFamous but it was a major factor in my decision to pick one up so early in the console's life cycle.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Bought PS4 as a christmas gift for me and my better half, but I'll admit that inFamous was the game I was looking forwards the most even back then, while being aware that there won't really be any big titles dropping before it. Now that there's only three more days to go, I'm definetly not regretting my decision!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

The Evil Within is what'll finally tide me over into getting a PS4, specifically because stuff of most varieties is expensive so I like to hold off on making such investments unless there's something in particular that I must have. And Mikami's unofficial spiritual successor to Resident Evil is something I simply hafta be there day-1 on the front lines for! That's not to say I'm not excited for inFamous, it just doesn't share the Mikami horror game tier of excitement.

I will however be getting the inFamous PS4 boxset mos def.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was definitely justification for me.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

same here, other than those disgusting old policies the X1 had, this game was also why i went ps4.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316

I did, pretty much as soon as they announced it I was sold on PS4.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I bought a PS4 for the great games to come. I'm not too big on Infamous though.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I own a ps4, it won't be a problem for me.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I was holding out on buying a ps4 as long as I could, until I saw a gameplay trailer for second son. I now own a ps4 and am enjoying some awesome 64 player battlefield 4 action and can't wait for infamous on Friday.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure there isn't anyone who'll buy a PS4 just for this.

Nodima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

Technically, my plan was always to use my tax return on a PS4 and inFamous. but I got my W2s super early and bought the PS4 last month. I've mostly still been playing PS+ games on PS3 but it's been fun jumping over to Resogun, the FFXIV and Killzone betas/trials and, of course, NBA 2K14 every few days. Now with Ground Zeroes and Second Son the PS4 is finally upon me and it is dope. Even if no one watches my streams and my controller was one of the 4% that started eroding on the sticks almost immediately. I should've bought a new controller with my Amazon rebate but I got inFamous for free instead. Hopefully the exposed plastic doesn't become annoying as I play through it.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#16  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

It wasn't the sole reason I bought it, but it certainly made the buy more attractive for me.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Jeust

Personally I'm not a big fan of entries in franchises after the first main plot arch has already concluded. It makes me think that is unnecessary and exists solely to make money for the developer. And I'm not a big fan of repetition. So, for me, unless it brings something different to the table, I won't get it.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HerbieBug

Nope. I used the money I had set aside for possible next gen console acquisition this year on a pet leopard gecko, and required items for the care thereof, instead. His name is Leto Atreides. He's pretty awesome. :)

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Vextroid

Pretty much. This and Metal Gear pushed me to trade my Xbox One for a PS4.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I don't want to generalize but I will anyway. Everyone who bought a PS4 bought it with this game in mind just the same as how everyone with an Xbox One had Titanfall in mind. This is the first PS4 exclusive that is worth buying. Suddenly there's a reason to turn it on again.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Nope. I used the money I had set aside for possible next gen console acquisition this year on a pet leopard gecko, and required items for the care thereof, instead. His name is Leto Atreides. He's pretty awesome. :)

I really enjoy the Ps4 I bought, but I think you made the right choice there. That's a really great name by the way.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I haven't got mine yet, but I'm looking to get one in order to play this. That being said I am not buying the system for this game, I am buying it for the promise of games to come.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By awesomeusername

@hunkulese: *coughs*

I got my PS4 last month because I had the money and knew I wouldn't get one for (possibly) years if I didn't get it that moment. But inFamous is what made me say "I NEED A PS4!" Because I'm a huge inFamous fan. So I guess you can say I got it for inFamous but also because I had the money for it. Super pumped for Friday by the way. I've been avoiding inFamous since people got early copies because I don't want to see what other powers Delsin gets and I surely don't want to know the story. I think I might not go to class that day.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

It wasn't the only reason, but one of the reasons I got a PS4. If it's the only exclusive on PS4 that you're looking forward to right now, and don't care about the performance of multiplatform games, then you might want to wait like you're thinking. It may either be included in a bundle or be a PS+ game in the future.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I bought a PS4 so I could play with the rest of my friends, and I'll just get this game along the way. Halo 2 Anniversary is still my most anticipated this year.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's definitely the biggest reason I ordered one in December and bought it in January. Love the series, and Second Son looks so fucking awesome.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
    Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want to get one just to play Infamous, and other future games, but I'll still probably wait about a month for my birthday and treat myself.

l3roken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By l3roken
    NotAntagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's the first game that I'm genuinely excited for on the PS4. Makes me glad I have one.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have my PS4, but it'll be nice to have a new reason to turn it on.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know why I got a PS4 but it WAS NOT for an Infamous game, thats for sure.

Avatar image for deactivated-60339640361ae
    deactivated-60339640361ae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I got a PS3 for Infamous and I just ordered a PS4/Infamous SS bundle... Well I also have a PS3 and a Vita and PS+ so I'm pretty deep already.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, not quite enough by itself.

When/if I will eventually get a PS4 I might pick it up in a drought. But I was kinda tired and getting bored with the basic formula and samey action after the first 2 games. So far they haven't shown any significant difference in terms of gameplay from the first 2 games, maybe if we see more interesting gameplay mechanics in the videos after release would be more interested.

Kinda sad Prototype went completely down the drain by the second game, as I'll be honest i was more in that camp, it's action was just generally more interesting to me, less dull.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on Media Molecule, come on.....the day shall cometh.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: *coughs*

I got my PS4 last month because I had the money and knew I wouldn't get one for (possibly) years if I didn't get it that moment. But inFamous is what made me say "I NEED A PS4!" Because I'm a huge inFamous fan. So I guess you can say I got it for inFamous but also because I had the money for it. Super pumped for Friday by the way. I've been avoiding inFamous since people got early copies because I don't want to see what other powers Delsin gets and I surely don't want to know the story. I think I might not go to class that day.

You didn't buy a PS4 just for Infamous. Are you going to box it up when you're done and never play anything else?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@mrfluke said:

@mooseymcman said:

same here, other than those disgusting old policies the X1 had, this game was also why i went ps4.

I am also in this camp. Bought the PS4 at launch, and Infamous Second Son was the prime reason I chose to be an early adopter. I fucking love the Infamous series.

Of course with Destiny hitting later this year and Naughty Dog still existing, I was going to be getting a PS4 anyway, but Infamous was a reason to get one at launch.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sony's first party in general was a major reason I bought a PS4, inFamous being probably their top franchise right now, for me.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By TheHBK

Nope. Never did like Infamous. Felt like it was pretty boring. And didn't help that Cole and now this new guy it seems, came off to me as if they were lame douchebags.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By awesomeusername

@hunkulese: Duh. What I look like playing anything else on it?! But no, I explained myself above. Also, I didn't buy it FOR Infamous but I bought it BECAUSE of Infamous. I need to play Infamous. Don't really care for anything else except indies for now until September. So yeah, Infamous wasn't the main reason but it was a big reason.

stunik101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By stunik101

I'll see what the reviews are like for infamous first....

but go and have a look at the latest Deepdown video it looks incredible

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/454772/video-deep-downs-dungeon-dives-in-action/

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am most definitely buying a PS4 for this game and this game alone.

Supes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first PS4 only game that has got me interested in buying the console, other wise I definitely not buy one this year. Will see what the reviews say and of course the quick look the guys do.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By GunstarRed

When I got my PS4 I definitely had this game in mind, but I doubt I'd have have got one just for this game. Pretty excited to play it tommorow.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a reason for me to play something else on it again, since ACIV and use it as something other than my new Netflix device. Don't think I can get it for a little while after launch, though. It was (along with Watchdogs at the time) the first initial games on PS4 I was looking forward towards, certainly excited for it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

I was kind of considering it, but when they raised the price of the system by $50 and all games by $5-$10 out of nowhere I decided to just stick to my PC and last gen backlog.

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not the only reason but certainly one of the reasons for getting me to adopt early on.

Cleric22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Cleric22

@hunkulese: I mean not "just for this" but for new consoles I have a rule of three. 1. Infamous Second Son, 2. Watch Dogs, 3. Batman Arkham Knight.

Plus I'm a Battlefield junkie and really wanted to get into BF 4, but Infamous was the catalyst for my purchase of the PS4

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bybeach

I wanted to, because I like the Infamous games. But I bought an expensive video card instead. Also I bought the MGS ground zeroes for the PS3, and so far am glad it worked out that way (having a slow time 'feeling' the story in that game).

I figure in the fall through next spring I will get a PS4, and see more justification in it. Infamous will certainly be a buy!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.