Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Infinite Crisis

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Mar 26, 2015

Infinite Crisis was a short-lived DC comics-based MOBA, featuring heroes and villains from throughout the multiverse, including weird alternate versions of well-known characters. It released in March of 2015 and was shut down that August.

Guess This Crisis Wasn't Infinite After All

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By DocHaus

I'm so, so sorry about that thread title.

Kind of ironic that Solomon Grundy would be the last new character released for this game, as the dev team announced today that the game is now officially dead man walking. The good news is that everything will stay free long past Memorial Day weekend. The bad news is that the game will receive no further support and will officially shut down on August 15, as another duder already added to the wiki.

No explanation was given as to why this decision was reached, considering the game just went gold in late March of this year and it was the first MOBA since Super Monday Night Combat that I liked enough to spend a small bit of real money on. I do imagine having to compete with League of Legends, DOTA 2, Smite, and then Heroes of the Storm just flipping over the whole damned table shortly after coming on the scene had something to do with it. Or maybe DC/WB expected a lot quicker returns on their investment without bothering to put down much effort into marketing the game.

Whatever the reason, looks like all characters and almost all skins will be free to use now until the game goes dark, so feel free to jump on in and dream of what could have been.

Cheers to a game that lasted about as long as the actual nursery rhyme for Solomon Grundy and made me enjoy playing a MOBA for a relatively brief moment.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Sad, I kinda quit after realizing the things I disliked about moba's started to surface after playing a bit. Seemed like one of those games that would be an entry point for new people cause of the DC license but would eventually lead people to the other widely popular moba games.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Grundy heralds the coming of the end. Grundy is satisfied with this result.

I'm interested in the game now though, no F2P bullshit sounds like a winner.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Bane122

I love the DC Universe (though wasn't thrilled with the multiverse approach of this) and really dug the idea of wrecking people as Doomsday but I just never could get myself to try a standard MOBA, then I got into the HotS beta and it was all over.

It's both surprising and a shame that it's ending so quickly. Has any other MOBA done so?

@fredchuckdave: And he wants pants, too.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@fredchuckdave said:

Grundy heralds the coming of the end. Grundy is satisfied with this result.

I'm interested in the game now though, no F2P bullshit sounds like a winner.

I actually found the game pretty fun. I never got super deep into LoL or DotA so I couldn't tell you what exactly was different but I did like some of their map types. Gotham Heights was my favorite but a lot of people really liked Coast city. Sad to hear it's ending though but I can totally see why. The active community was very small and definitely worth checking out if everything is free.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I actually liked this game. Sucks that it couldn't find an audience, but I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. Oh well

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No need to apologize for that title, it's pretty great.

maginnovision

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw this coming way before they released it. Any time they need to constantly host and overact all of their game streams you know it won't last. I was actually surprised it launched for real though, never saw that one coming.

DrFlapjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first game I ever worked on.

It's sad to see it end, but I can't say i'm surprised.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad, I kinda quit after realizing the things I disliked about moba's started to surface after playing a bit. Seemed like one of those games that would be an entry point for new people cause of the DC license but would eventually lead people to the other widely popular moba games.

Yeah, I think Heroes of the Storm has taken over that market.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm really digging this tutorial/the dumb intro cutscene. Time for a first impressions thread mayhap?

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13  Edited By DocHaus

@fredchuckdave: I kinda sorta made one in early April that no one really noticed, so if you wanna make a new first (last? postmortem?) impressions thread go for it.

@drflapjack: Seriously? You worked on the game? Are you at liberty to say what happened or if executive meddling played a factor with the sudden shutdown?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yet another MOBA falls by the wayside. Maybe companies will learn that this genre has been mined and there's no room for more than two-maybe three MOBAs in the market. Worst market than MMOs it would seem. These games require too much devotion and time from players. They can't switch from one game to another.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dochaus: I finally made it past all the tutorial missions, this game's pretty rad. The heroes have more interesting sets of abilities than the ones in Heroes of the Storm or Guardians of Middle Earth (the two most recent games in this genre I've played). The music and pseudo storyline have fairly high production values, the way the graphics change when a nuke is in play is neat. I like that almost every character has abilities that directly synergize with their other abilities, makes it feel much more active and less of a "dump everything" approach. The traits also seem genuinely intriguing relative to the ones in HotS which are mostly basic/borderline passive. I'm sure there's a boring hero somewhere but I've yet to play them..

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've had it installed on Steam for ages but not touched it....waste of time really.

lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i misread the title thinking it was about time crisis, the arcade fps with the foot pedal to reload game. i was quite intrigued until i figured out my brain hasnt woken up yet

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.