Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

Aquaman is good

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JZ

Yeah

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aw geez, I was afraid of that.

DarkShaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I honestly haven't seen all that much Deathstroke spam. Also, Deathstroke doesn't have one button projectiles.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Haven't seen many Deathstrokes at all. The few Green Arrows I've seen (i.e. the character who actually has a 1 button projectile) haven't been that spammy.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5  Edited By musubi

So play a character that nullifies that shit. That is why I use Raven now. She can absorb projectiles and if you use Meter burn on the absorb she instantly sends a projectile back. Not to mention her 2,6,M is basically a insta-grab anywhere on the screen. Put pressure back on them. Once their projectile spam doesn't work they will panic and all you have to do is finish the job.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

The only thing that can't be dodged is his sniper shot, which you should be blocking instead of trying to jump over. Everything else can either be jumped or ducked under depending on the move.

Fighting Deathstroke isn't that hard. It's the typical week one strategy of "hey all these people are new so I'm gonna find the most abusable thing in the game oh wait it can be countered never gonna play the game anymore because I'm losing." By next week these people will find some way to game the ranked system to only get matched up with their friends who let them win just to secure their spot on the leaderboard because they're shit at fighting games.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JZ

Yeah you can beat them but it's not fun.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz: Its the same thing as uppercut spamming Ken's on SF4 once you know all they are going to do is that you can punish them like crazy and its basically free wins from there on since that is there ONLY strat.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JZ

Not really the uppercut moves them up and over, easy to deal with.

People do nothing stand at full screen and hammer the shoot button. Yeah you can deal with it, but I don't want to. I want to actually play the game, not jump 300 times a match.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

I want to actually play the game, not jump 300 times a match.

There's your problem. Don't jump. Dash in and block frequently. Jumping is just asking to be knocked back into the corner.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jz said:

People do nothing stand at full screen and hammer the shoot button. Yeah you can deal with it, but I don't want to. I want to actually play the game, not jump 300 times a match.

Please don't interpret this as rude, because it's not intended to be. Zoning is part of almost all fighting games, and if you want to play them (especially against random opponents) you should come to terms with that. Trying to keep someone out or make your way in against someone who's trying to keep you out is one of the most fundamental tug-of-wars in 2D fighting games. It is playing the game, most definitely. Fighting games are not just about both players sprinting into each others' faces and mashing buttons all day.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Benny

@keres said:

@jz said:

Please don't interpret this as rude, because it's not intended to be. Zoning is part of almost all fighting games, and if you want to play them (especially against random opponents) you should come to terms with that. Trying to keep someone out or make your way in against someone who's trying to keep you out is one of the most fundamental tug-of-wars in 2D fighting games. It is playing the game, most definitely. Fighting games are not just about both players sprinting into each others' faces and mashing buttons all day.

When MK9 was first out Kung Lao and Ermac dominated the online and learning to position your own character against those two was more important than actually learning any execution of your own moves in my opinion.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JZ

Zoneing is one thing, this another.

Ok I guess standing at full screen and hammering one button makes them them the best players ever. This game has fantasic single player, but fuck the online.

Barrabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Barrabas

@jz said:

Ok I guess standing at full screen and hammering one button makes them them the best players ever. This game has fantasic single player, but fuck the online.

No it just means you're also not very good yet, and need to improve to the point where it's not an issue. Sorry if that sounds mean, but it's the crux of the matter. Learning how to deal with that sort of stuff is an important first step to getting into the game. Every 2d fighting game has at least one character that poor players use just to spam projectiles.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

@jz said:

Dude, stop whining. It's a first week strategy. People will begin to counter that shit and you won't see anyone playing these fuckers by next Monday. Not to mention that people are giving you legitimate advice and you are still moaning how you don't want to jump around, even if it's been blatantly said that this is what you're doing wrong.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JZ

Well yeah I just bought it two day ago, of course I'm not amazing yet.

But I'd be a lot better and it would be a million times more fun, if I was playing against people who were also actually playing.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By huntad

I agree it sounds and looks really annoying. But I also agree with everyone here saying that learning to counter it is part of the game. Now, I have not played it so I'm not an expert, but I hope there is indeed a fair way to deal with it. Having to deal with the influx of people like this, on a fighting game's launch week, is why I don't play fighting games online (honest truth).

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

@jz said:

Well yeah I just bought it two day ago, of course I'm not amazing yet.

But I'd be a lot better and it would be a million times more fun, if I was playing against people who were also actually playing.

They are playing. They know you're not adapting to it, so they're going to keep doing it. And it's going to keep happening until you make it stop.

Seriously, if you think Deathstroke's flowchart is cheap, you might as well get rid of the game now before you fight Green Lanterns that touch you twice and you're dead.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's not that it's cheap, the problem is it's not fun to play those matches.

CaptCommando4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair, nothing was quite as frustrating as playing MvC2 with people that would spam projectiles and assists.

I'm not the best at fighting games, but as an above poster said, resist the urge to jump at them and instead dash forward and block your way to them.

That being said, I've played roughly twenty matches online and haven't played against Deathstroke yet.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welcome to internet.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For fuck sakes people deathstroke was just the example

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I don't like it when people play to their character's strengths. There should be a "No fireballs, no throws" mode for people who aren't cheesy assholes.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I'll have faith that netherealm will somehow patch a fix for this.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Example1013

I don't like it when people play to their character's strengths. There should be a "No fireballs, no throws" mode for people who aren't cheesy assholes.

There should also be a "no armor moves, no command grabs" for people who don't like brawlers.

Actually they should just take out every character and make a mode that's just Hsien-Ko vs. Hsien-Ko. Then everyone would stop complaining, right?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

There should also be a "no armor moves, no command grabs" for people who don't like brawlers.

Actually they should just take out every character and make a mode that's just Hsien-Ko vs. Hsien-Ko. Then everyone would stop complaining, right?

Fuck that. Both players just need to dash to the center and mash low punch until someone dies. Thats the only way to test the true skill of both players.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I was gonna say that Blocking totally ruined the game for me...... I would just sit there and shoot at people and when they started blocking it i was like WTF????

Seriously, though I have not played a lot online yet but I have used Green arrow some. His one button arrow shot does not do much damage at all, it like chip damage. (without charging it with a special arrow) It cant be that bad to block and rush in, or shoot some projectiles of your own?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Clonedzero

deathstrokes guns are a button combo, its not a one button ranged attack, the only person who has that is green arrow and his arrows do like NO damage.

not to mention, deathstrokes guns are easy to block, they're literally no different than any other ranged attack.

churrific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By churrific

If you want to never learn the match up and just want to fight less Deathstrokes, I'd say don't play multiplayer for a couple weeks. Once the general pop. has it figured out, there will probably be a whole lot less of them online, and you can be on your merry way to being salty at the just one or two high-lvl Deathstrokes that have really mastered the zoning.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Teething pains. People will play in a really dumb way because they like to be dicks and win. Learn to counter it and people will stop using it or they will die. Those tactics only work when you don't do anything to stop them.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#32  Edited By monkeyking1969

Darn, I thought you were saying that like, 'crab is good'. "Cut me off and roast in lemon sauce a chunk of that Aquaman, son!"

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why did you change the title? Now it's just weird reading the responses.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Aquaman is Top 5 easily. He is a great character in this game. BRB, going to learn him.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@starvinggamer said:

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.