Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Injustice: Gods Among Us

Game » consists of 28 releases. Released Apr 16, 2013

The DC Universe's most powerful heroes and villains collide in this fighting game from the creators of the Mortal Kombat series.

Is an arcade stick necessary/a big help?

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have one, but it's for 360, and I have no interest in buying a gold account again. So if it's not really a big help like it is in Street Fighter I'll just get the game PS3.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

depends on control schemes you are going with. If you're sticking with the mk route with no half circle motions normal controller would probably suit fine. If you're going with the sf controls yeah I'd recommend the stick. For me I've tried both and find more ease at remembering stuff with the sf controls, but found the quicker to execute route being the mk controls. Still fiddling with the game so my opinion might change.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By musubi

Necessary? No. But it really does help a whole lot. Some combos are hard to tap out reliably on a pad.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By MEATBALL

Judging by the demo and how MK9 turned out, it seems a lot friendlier to gamepads than just about every other fighting game.

Jeff also mentioned during either the podcast or the Quick Look that he actually preferred the game on the gamepad, for what it's worth.

asmo917

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I got the Battle Edition with the stick. To be fair, I'm TERRIBLE at fighting games. I went through the tutorial with the stick and it just didn't feel right to me. I did it again using a gamepad, and thought it felt more comfortable. I may go back to the stick to give it another try, but it doesn't seem essential. If you have a stick, I'd say try it but don't be afraid to try both and see what works best for you.

kevino13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it really depends on what youre used to using in fighting games. from what i saw in the quicklook, it seems to be a four button game, so a controller should be completely adequate.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Scullinator
    No Caption Provided

Im using this and I love it. I have a mad catz tournament edition arcade stick, but have not used it much since I got this.

MedalOfMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to make a arcade stick for Wii U lol

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HolyHackZack
    No Caption Provided

Got this classic Mortal Kombat stick for $50 when I ordered game a week ago. I was a bit worried about the crazy button layout but honestly I couldn't ask for anything better. I left the button layout standard with A X and Y as attack buttons, B as power button. White button in middle (RT) is meter drain button, instead of block from MK. And that is it, grabs are red ones at same time, environmentals top two.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Not really. I always found that MK style games work better on controllers.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Nah. MK9 and this game are really Gamepad friendly. Was playing some Injustice with a controller yesterday and I was doing fine. This is from someone who generally uses arcade sticks for fighting games now.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'm going to try out the game a bit more on a pad, because it feels a bit crazy at times with the standard layout of a fightstick. Definitely not necessary.

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That being said I purchased the game at the same time as a friend that has been playing with a gamepad and we are about 50/50. I enjoy playing with stick more, but honestly I don't think it will matter much for the average person. Who you play and how you play them way more important.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

I bought the SF x Tekken pad from Amazon. It was only $20 and it's really nice, reminds me a lot of the old 6 button Genesis pad. Highly recommended for the price, it's a no brainer.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

I haven't played this yet but if it plays anything like MK games then a regular controller is better.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

When it comes to dialing in combos, are you faster with your thumb or your other fingers?

HolyHackZack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hori makes these gamepads that are pretty bad ass as well. I picked one up for 3rd party gamepad prices at gamestop and played through all of MK with it. Best D-pad I have seen on an X-Box controller by far.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing it on my xbox, first time ever playing a fighting game on an xbox (got the review copy for xbox) And i'm fucking pissed off by the crappy dpad. Any suggestions?

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@syndrom said:

I'm playing it on my xbox, first time ever playing a fighting game on an xbox (got the review copy for xbox) And i'm fucking pissed off by the crappy dpad. Any suggestions?

Get the MadCatz SF4/WWE/whatever pad. A stick is too big an investment to be worthwhile for an MK game if you don't already have one. The pad works great for every fighting game. These are my opinions.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By MEATBALL
    No Caption Provided

Hori makes these gamepads that are pretty bad ass as well. I picked one up for 3rd party gamepad prices at gamestop and played through all of MK with it. Best D-pad I have seen on an X-Box controller by far.

Nice, that does look like a D-pad-ass-d-pad, and nice and big too!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.