Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Intellivision Amico

Platform »

A console that's intended to be a reimagining of the Intellivision brand.

For the first time I'm starting to worry that the Intellivision Amico won't dominate 2022

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By bigsocrates

Towards the beginning of this year I made the bold prediction that 2022 would be the year of the Intellivision Amico. And I have held to that belief through the various ups and downs the console has gone through. I believe in the Amico and its potential to revolutionize gaming. Its biggest challenges as a product are that it doesn't exist and nobody would want it if it did, but I think it can overcome those things. Look at the success of the KFC Double Down sandwich.

The Amico will dominate the market when it's released, and we've been told that it was entering production in various ways almost half a dozen times over the past couple years. So I was sure it would come out this year. Why would they be producing all those consoles if they weren't going to sell them? But now, on the morning of New Years' Eve, I'm worried that they're not going to do it this year. We all know the real marketing hasn't started yet so they'd have to do a blitz campaign over the next few hours to raise awareness and drive demand (Fortunately few products launch between Christmas and New Years so it's probably a cheap time to buy advertising; smart!)

Then they'd have to manufacture the consoles between, say, noon and 3PM, which is not a lot of time to make 25 million units, and then ship them to stores by 5 PM so that people can pick one up on their way to their New Years Eve Party and become the hit of the gathering by bringing a device that lets you play cellphone quality games in your living room on a big TV.

Marketing, manufacturing, and distributing a game console over the next 12 hours is a tall order for any company but if anyone can pull it off it's Amico's blue-sky rangers.

Oh I'm an idiot for losing faith. OF COURSE It's going to happen. Can't wait to play my Amico tonight. What game are you most looking forward to? For me it's the Hot Wheels licensed one. Can never have enough Hot Wheels games even though we had a whole dedicated title and two Forza Horizon expansions in the last few years!

borgmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

It is good that you're still keeping faith, brother. Tallarico will pull through for us, and all of the haters will weep and gnash their teeth for how wrong they've been.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Its biggest challenges as a product are that it doesn't exist and nobody would want it if it did

Much as I reject the ontological argument for the existence of God, I reject the notion that the Amico must exist in order to be perfect.

Broshmosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These posts have been the highlight of my year. Thanks for the laughs Bigsocrates!

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I’ve been withholding my GOTY list for 2022 for this exact reason. What’s the point in typing up 10 paragraphs that will immediately become obsolete once games like Dolphin Quest hit the market?

If anything happens I’m blaming the woke Gaming Racists.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Clearly its so he can add another Guinness world record to the collection. His mother is going to be so proud!

AV_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By AV_Gamer

The public and political assassination of Tommy Tallarico is one of the most covered up stories of 2022. Tragic. A true conspiracy.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, I'm sure the Atari 50 Collection has reinvigorated the market for weird dial-based controllers and games based around sitting in the same room as the family.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@broshmosh: Thank you. Obviously the true highlight of 2022 will be all the Amico games you play, As @allthedinos points out. I mean imagine how much fun Finnegan Fox will be! Sure Fox 'N Forests was a 6.5 out of 10, but with the new uglier graphics the sky's the limit. 6.75, even 7 out of 10 are possible!

@av_gamer

You saw it but others might not have.

Loading Video...

jivemonkey7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I miss the Double Down.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

They are on the launch pad, they just need rocket fuel.

cozmicaztaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ll_exile_ll: And a rocket, and pilots, and.. I'm sure it will all be fine!

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

It's gonna have to get out of the way of the Ouya, baby! 2023 is gonna be the year! Sure, it featured as a punchline of a Homestar Runner cartoon from 2016, but I have it on GOOD AUTHORITY that a console that is little more than a glorified raspberry pi with a borderline unusable controller is going to SHAKE THE FOUNDATIONS of international console manufacturers by letting people download emulators and ROMs, because I have been REPEATEDLY assured that the average end user DEFINITELY wants to go through that much effort to play 36 year old games!

2023! YEAR OF THE OUYA!

jimmyoct87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, and next you'll be telling me SEGA aren't gonna win the console wars.

ryudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinium Phantom console will sell just as many units this year as Amico.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.