Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Iron Brigade

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Jun 22, 2011

Described as "a game about love," Iron Brigade is a goofy alternate-historical WW1-themed third-person shooter/tower defense mash-up where up to four players take control of hulking bipedal tanks and must endure swarms of television-based robots.

Trenched: Bling Paint Job & Other Fine Loot.

Redsand26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Redsand26

Here we discuss cool weapons, core mods, and any other enhancements you may find, locations of those dropped items, and shared information on rare drops.  

For starters, I've gotten the 'Hot Pants" leg modification as a random drop on the Power Plant mission in the Pacific. 

Bling Paint:  Complete the Personal Challenge mission victories level 5.  (50 Victories) to unlock.  This seems to be the only challenge-based paint job.  

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By EightBitShik

@Redsand26: For some reason the game glitched out and gave me that paint job on my 4th mission as long as I didn't change my paint job I could keep it. The same thing has been happening with other items such as the glasses, torn shirt, etc.

AMxKaOtIcDeV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By AMxKaOtIcDeV

i played a game with someone wearing that tuxedo, i quit then logged back on, and somehow i had the tuxedo suit on, i havent bought it and as soon as i put another outfit on it was gone, weird.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By ThePickle

@AMxKaOtIcDeV said:

i played a game with someone wearing that tuxedo, i quit then logged back on, and somehow i had the tuxedo suit on, i havent bought it and as soon as i put another outfit on it was gone, weird.

I had similar things happen to me. I would log out then revisit the game and my trench would be a different color and the weapons would be slightly different.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By yevinorion

@HandsomeDevil said:

@AMxKaOtIcDeV said:

I had similar things happen to me. I would log out then revisit the game and my trench would be a different color and the weapons would be slightly different.

Yeah I had this happen too, I was inspecting someone else's trench, then it got all crazy so I quit out and when I got back in I was in that person's outfit and with their trench setup (minus weapons, where I guess I had different ones unlocked than they did). Game is super glitchy right now with the online.

AMxKaOtIcDeV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AMxKaOtIcDeV

yea, anyone notice any improvements since that little update we were required to install?

Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By Chris2KLee

@AMxKaOtIcDeV said:

yea, anyone notice any improvements since that little update we were required to install?

I think it was mostly to help fix the matchmaking, as now I tend to find more acceptable connections that don't get killed by super lag.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Redsand26 said:

Here we discuss cool weapons, core mods, and any other enhancements you may find, locations of those dropped items, and shared information on rare drops.   For starters, I've gotten the 'Hot Pants" leg modification as a random drop on the Power Plant mission in the Pacific.  Bling Paint:  Complete the Personal Challenge mission victories level 5.  (50 Victories) to unlock.  This seems to be the only challenge-based paint job.  

Are there random drops? Where do they come from anyways? I thought loot was set for each level. 
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Coombs

I'm at the point where i haven't seen a  new item in a while, 
    Really looking forward to some DLC

notha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By notha

@The_Laughing_Man: in the multiplayer games for the later stages i've been seeing 2-4 random drops per level

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By YoungFrey

With 4 players, the later levels have a lot of minibosses.  And they all drop loot.  So playing co-op, you'll see plenty of items.Probably 5 per level.
    xxizzypop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By xxizzypop

@Redsand26: I liked the theory of the Hot Pants, but found them to be really useless :/

I think my favorite drops was when I got two "The King" artillery cannons from one mission. Those things are ridiculous and fun as hell to dual wield.

AMxKaOtIcDeV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AMxKaOtIcDeV

maybe i havent played enough to unlock everything but so far i only have maybe 2 different weapons that are level 9, still dont have any legs that are level 9 and i beat the game/played online alot.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @notha said:

@The_Laughing_Man: in the multiplayer games for the later stages i've been seeing 2-4 random drops per level

Ive never seen a random drop. Does it only come from bosses? 
    YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By YoungFrey
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    @notha said:

All the mini-bosses: Big Willie, Arty, Bertha, and the Volt Dropper all drop a crate when they die.  I fyou pick that up before the level ends you get loot.  I believe the loot table is different for each level (or region).  In co-op everyone gets their own loot.  So everyone gets 1 random roll per loot crate collected by anyone.  I think every level except the boss levels has mini-bosses.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@YoungFrey said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    @notha said:

All the mini-bosses: Big Willie, Arty, Bertha, and the Volt Dropper all drop a crate when they die. I fyou pick that up before the level ends you get loot. I believe the loot table is different for each level (or region). In co-op everyone gets their own loot. So everyone gets 1 random roll per loot crate collected by anyone. I think every level except the boss levels has mini-bosses.

Also, groups of Breakers will sometimes drop loot. The game gives you a pop-up when you or someone in your group recovers the box, and then everyone in the party gets a share at the end.

Got Mr. Pancakes. Liking that. I enjoy the Assault class most of all, so I tote around the Scythe (Machine Gun), the Hedge Trimmer (Machine Gun), and Mr. Pancakes (Artillery).

I prefer MIRV Artillery weapons to Cluster Artillery weapons, but that's a subjective thing, I think, as both are ludicrous.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:

@YoungFrey said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:
    @notha said:

All the mini-bosses: Big Willie, Arty, Bertha, and the Volt Dropper all drop a crate when they die. I fyou pick that up before the level ends you get loot. I believe the loot table is different for each level (or region). In co-op everyone gets their own loot. So everyone gets 1 random roll per loot crate collected by anyone. I think every level except the boss levels has mini-bosses.

Also, groups of Breakers will sometimes drop loot. The game gives you a pop-up when you or someone in your group recovers the box, and then everyone in the party gets a share at the end.

Got Mr. Pancakes. Liking that. I enjoy the Assault class most of all, so I tote around the Scythe (Machine Gun), the Hedge Trimmer (Machine Gun), and Mr. Pancakes (Artillery).

I prefer MIRV Artillery weapons to Cluster Artillery weapons, but that's a subjective thing, I think, as both are ludicrous.

So I can get random boxes on any level? How rare s it? Ive played the first two levels quite a few times to get money. 
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@The_Laughing_Man: For the sub-bosses like Big Willie, you should be seeing the loot boxes consistently. Like, every time you kill one.

For the Breaker group thing, that might be contingent on whether you're playing with a group or solo. But it's happened both ways for me.

If I were you, I'd just move on from the first two missions if you haven't already. The levels are scaled somewhat in the loot they drop, so you'd start to breach diminishing returns pretty quickly.

The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Sir_Ragnarok said:

@The_Laughing_Man: For the sub-bosses like Big Willie, you should be seeing the loot boxes consistently. Like, every time you kill one.

For the Breaker group thing, that might be contingent on whether you're playing with a group or solo. But it's happened both ways for me.

If I were you, I'd just move on from the first two missions if you haven't already. The levels are scaled somewhat in the loot they drop, so you'd start to breach diminishing returns pretty quickly.

When i have re played the levels ive gotten the exact same stuff over and over. I have not had time to play much. Ill play more tommorow 
    fleshribbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By fleshribbon

The other night my friend and I were in a lobby (on the boat) together alone and all of a sudden 3 different people showed up on the players list yet his avatar and name were still on my boat. When we both exited, he had all of my high rank clothes, trench, paint, and equipment and here is the real kicker, I lost everything I had equipped (high rank clothes, trench, and equipment but kept my paint) and my stuff was replaced with some random very low level stuff!!!! I was utterly devastated but luckily I've gotten everything back and I'm glad it didn't happen before I got my Razputin clothes/achievement.

Also, for some reason today my Regiment Challenges stopped updating. I wonder if it is a bug when you complete your personal challenges....

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By louiedog

Is there a specific place The King is supposed to drop or something you have to do before it will? I have 60+, maybe even 70+, wins spread across every continent. I have every achievement. I've been level 10 forever. I've completed all of the personal challenges and I'm close on the regiment challenges. It's even possible that I finished them, the game stopped showing me the updates for them today. I have not gotten a King yet. Are they just that rare?

TheH1ppo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TheH1ppo

@louiedog: Actually, I'm in the exact same position. When I saw people talking about "The King" I was confused because I've never seen it, even on someone else's trench. Every achievement, level 10, all gold stars,and completed most if not every challenge just as you did with no luck. :/

JillSammich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JillSammich

I love my Mr. Pancakes.  I have yet to get a King, although I was playing with someone this morning with one and it is indeed ridiculous.  

I'm curious as to whether there are any level 10 cores though.  My level 7 assault core is the strongest one I've found so far. 

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Jazzycola

I've had several glitches...I've gotten the S-2 Ripper as loot in a europe campaign mission which your not supposed to get till one of the pacific missions. I've gotten the Gungnir in one of the Europe missions which your not supposed get till the african missions. The bling paint coat I got when I was about halfway through the campaign with only 20-30 mission victories.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.