Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jet Moto

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Nov 01, 1996

Hover bikes, big airtime, a surf-rock soundtrack and a few Xtreme corporate sponsorships. This is Jet Moto.

Am I the only one?

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By huntad

That really liked/likes this game. This game just became free for Playstation Plus members and it was the one game I was looking forward to. I've been playing for nostalgia's sake, and I found that it still holds up! It does bring back old memories, but it also has cool track design, controls well, and looks pretty nice.

Anyone else out there have fond memories of this game from back when you were a kid? The forums on this game are completely dead. Anyways, try it out, it's awesome!

EDIT: And by dead, I don't mean I expect people to be talking about it like it just came out, but there are absolutely no threads at all! Haha! At least now it has one!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I used to play this at my neighbors house all the time back in the day, amazing game.  

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Jet Moto was awesome.  My avatar is an image of the box for Rocket Jockey, which had a lot in common with Jet Moto, although it was a bit more aggressive.  You could grapple hook enemies right off of their jets. =) 

Jet Moto always seemed like Wipeout's less popular cousin, but it was still a really great series.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By huntad

@SpaceInsomniac: I played Jet Moto before Wipeout, and I think I still like Jet Moto a tad better. Rocket Jockey sounds a lot like Jet Moto mixed with Road Rash (which is also awesome).

Well, looks like there are only 3 Jet Moto appreciators up this late. At least I hope we're not the only 3!

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Klaimore

I played it with my cousin and I remember having a blast with it.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Brendan

I hate you for using the title "Am I the only one??" I hate you so much.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By huntad

@Brendan: Haha, it got you in here and posting though. That was my master plan! For JET MOTO!!! *Evil Laugh*

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By N7

@Brendan: You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not. - John Lennon.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: -2

#9  Edited By MightyDuck

@huntad: Good thread!

I've been hoping somewhere, someway that the series would get a second life on the PS3. SingleTrac was the Twisted Metal studio right? I wonder where the rights to the series lies now? The first Jet Moto was my favorite. The second was okay, and I never got around to the third game.

Anyway, I think the modern day game could be a lot of fun.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By huntad

@GetWhatYagive: Yeah, I think anything Jet Moto would be really cool at this point. The handling is what gets me every time. It's loose enough to be fun, but tight enough for me to stay in control. But yeah, I, too, wonder who has the Jet Moto rights.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.