Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

John Davison

Person » credited in 1 games

John Davison is a games writer who is the founder of website What They Play, former Senior VP of the 1UP Network, former Vice President of Programming at CBSI, who is currently overseeing the content for new gaming website Glixel.

Will John be on The Hotspot?

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By schizogony

If so, that would make an already very good podcast into a great podcast.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

I have predicted a direction that this thread is likely to go in. Let's see if it goes there...

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By FreakAche
    @LordAndrew: Irrational Gamespot hate you mean? That's my prediction too.

I for one think Gamespot is a pretty boring site to browse, but the Hotspot is still pretty good. It's just not as good as it used to be.
    yoctoyotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By yoctoyotta

I respect the hell out of John Davidson, even put up with the not-my-demographic What They Play just to hear his sweet, sweet voice. Anyway, all John has to do to get me to potentially visit Gamespot once in a while is can that douchebag kid that hosts On The Spot and give everyone else there permission there to drop the corny schtick and act like normal human beings on camera. If he were to participate in the HotSpot, I'd start listening to that again for sure.

EnchantedEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By EnchantedEcho

I hope so, I love John Davidson, Brendan Sinclair does alirght too, hopefully Gamespot will get a redesign like he did with GamePro.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By schizogony

Brendan, Tom, Kevin and John is my dream Hotspot cast.

Avatar image for phaggybignastymckill
    PhaggyBigNastyMcKill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as this is Giantbomb I obviously don't follow gamespot/hotspot as well as this john fellow to even get wtf you are talking about. I hate people that start threads in the middle of a conversation and just expect everybody to know whats up?

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By schizogony
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:

" Seeing as this is Giantbomb I obviously don't follow gamespot/hotspot as well as this john fellow to even get wtf you are talking about. I hate people that start threads in the middle of a conversation and just expect everybody to know whats up? "

This thread is on the John Davison board.  How about you read the John Davison page right here on the very site you're browsing?
    Foggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Foggen
    @PhaggyBigNastyMcKill: John Davison is a former EGM EIC who later created What They Play, a review site for parents of gamer kids, then turned Gamepro around.  He's a very erudite, British fellow with a very mature and fascinating perspective on games.  He's not unlike Gary Whitta in a lot of ways, except that he's still committed to games media.  He used to be a regular on 1Up Yours, where he was often the best part of the whole proceeding.  Adding him to any podcast would be a huge boon to it. 

The Hotspot is Gamespot's podcast that was kind of shattered after host Rich Gallup left, Gerstmann was fired, and most of the cast defected to Giant Bomb or other jobs (including Matt and Alex from Screened).
    Avatar image for theblindchessman
    TheBlindChessman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlindChessman

I would listen to any podcast with John Davison on, so if he appears on a Gamespot podcast I'll add it to my download list.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.