Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Mar 22, 2012

Pit is brought back to life, now in 3D. Using clubs, staffs, arms, bows and a variety of other weapons, the loyal angel fights a host of old and new enemies in an all-new adventure.

Giving up my left hand

joeq1159

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By joeq1159

I don't have the Circle Pad Pro (because it's sold out everywhere nearby me) and I really didn't like trying to use the buttons to move around, so very early on I thought myself to play the game with my right hand. Has anyone else made a similar sacrifice? Also, if they wanted people to buy a Circle Pad Pro, why not sell it everywhere? It's really annoying.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By 49th

Was it hard to use your right hand instead? I'm thinking I'll have to do that too.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By DeF

@joeq1159 said:

Also, if they wanted people to buy a Circle Pad Pro, why not sell it everywhere? It's really annoying.

That's the thing - they don't. That thing really just exists for 3rd party games like Monster Hunter, RE and MGS3D. Sakurai probably just added the lefty mode because people kept complaining in early demos. Nintendo themselves barely acknowledge its existence.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Hailinel

I ordered the Circle Pad Pro online, but as far as I know, it'a only available through select outlets. However, as a lefty, I enjoy playing Kid Icarus with it.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Benny

This baffles me. I'm left handed and would never consider using my right hand for movement. Each to his own I guess but surely you use right stick to look and left stick to move in games with that sort of movement?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

@Benny said:

This baffles me. I'm left handed and would never consider using my right hand for movement. Each to his own I guess but surely you use right stick to look and left stick to move in games with that sort of movement?

Some left handed PC gamers insist on using IJKL or OKL; instead of WASD, with the mouse on the other side of the keyboard. Despite being a southpaw myself, I cannot fathom this. What I can fathom, however, is the way I played PSP shooters - with movement on the face buttons and aiming on the single analog stick on left hand side. Pain in the ass, that was.

It should also be mentioned that most console shooters have a "lefty" control setup, where the left stick is for aiming and the right for moving. If someone were to ever couple that with inverted controls you could be certain that they were batshit insane.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.