Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Giant Bomb Review?

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By metalmoog

Wonder if Killzone 3 will get a review here on this website. I hope so, would be a crime to omit reviewing such an awesome PS3 franchise. Looking forward to seeing what the guys thought of this. In usual Killzone fashion most of the critics seem to have a love hate view on the game, there isn't much middle ground.

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Donos

There'll be a review, but it'll be closer to (or on) the release date. I'm guessing the guys either didn't recieve an early copy, or wanted to wait for the multiplayer to go full-scale.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Aetheldod

I doubt that the GB dudes wont review this game ,  being a high profile FPS and all , probably they dont have a pre-release copy , as they would have mentioned it on the Bombcast , as they did with Dead Space 2

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

I've been playing the beta for whole lot of hours I really love it, and it's only one map.  Then I played the single player demo and this became an instant buy for me, just on those alone I think I would give this game a 5.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Spoonman671

They reviewed Killzone 2 so they'll probably get around to Killzone 3 eventually.  Giant Bomb isn't exactly a huge media outlet, so they don't always get review copies of games, meaning that they may have to buy the game on release day to review it. 

Killzone 3's lowest review on metacritic is 70, and 7/10 on gamestats.  I wouldn't consider that love it or hate it territory.  Deadly Premonition is more of a love it or hate it sort of thing.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By LiquidPrince

Why wouldn't they review it...?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones

Im gonna say 5 stars although 4 wouldn't exactly surprise me

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, it's not like GB didn't review any high profile games last year, like Red Dead Redemption, or MGS Peace Walker. 

Oh, wait...

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JJOR64

4 out of 5.  I'm calling it.

bozosc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bozosc

they may not review every game but they tend to talk about just about every game on the bombcast, which most of the time gives you enough information on the game, at least for me

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Cold_Wolven

I would at least like to see an extensive Quick Look that shows multiple single player levels as well as some multi player if Giant Bomb doesn't do a written review. 

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By fox01313

Agreed, after watching enough of the site it seems that reviews will come out a day or so beforehand (if the publisher allows it on a preview/early copy of the game) or a little while afterwhile. Until then all we can do is wait & shouldn't stop anyone if they are enjoying the beta.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Bocam
    @Cold_Wolven:  Enjoy your 3 5-minute quick looks
    Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cold_Wolven
    @Bocam said:
    " @Cold_Wolven:  Enjoy your 3 5-minute quick looks "
    What in lord's name are you on about??? My comment was about a Killzone 3 quick look, not quick looks in general.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By captain_clayman
    @Spoonman671 said:
    "  They reviewed Killzone 2 so they'll probably get around to Killzone 3 eventually.  Giant Bomb isn't exactly a huge media outlet, so they don't always get review copies of games, meaning that they may have to buy the game on release day to review it.   Killzone 3's lowest review on metacritic is 70, and 7/10 on gamestats.  I wouldn't consider that love it or hate it territory.  Deadly Premonition is more of a love it or hate it sort of thing. "
    that was from joystiq.  joystiq's not really...into the whole gritty FPS scene.
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Bocam
    @Cold_Wolven:  Have you seen the Killzone 2 quick looks?
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Vinny_Says

Well they don't review all big name games.....

but they do talk about them in quicklooks/ bombcast

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Slaker117

I don't see why they wouldn't. There isn't too much else out then.

Also, they damn well better because I bet all my quest exp on imcalling.it on a four star review, because I got bored. I'm fine with losing it all if I guessed wrong, but I don't want to lose 10% because it never happened.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By Marz

My guess is ... Jeff is probably reviewing it, while Ryan will probably review bulletstorm the same week of release.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bocam said:
    " @Cold_Wolven:  Have you seen the Killzone 2 quick looks? "
    That was because they were only allowed to show a certain amount of footage before the game launched.
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MiniPato

I don't see how there couldn't be a review. Jeff enjoyed Killzone 2 enough to give it 5 stars, I think he'll jump right on 3. Especially now that they made it slightly more CoD-like dare I say.

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HereAllDay

So I sent Ryan an @reply about this on twitter the day everyone stared posting their reviews and he replied saying "What's a Killzone?!" So I'd say it won't be out until it gets closer to release.

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By matpaget

I was pleasantly surprised when I played this game!  
    I really enjoyed it, and I dislike FPS story modes even in short doses (with a few exceptions like MoH:Frontline)

I played the demo for PS+ members and I'm going to try out the multiplayer beta tomorrow!

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By metalmoog

Looking forward to their review. I too have been enjoying the Multiplayer a lot and downloaded the single player demo last night as was blown away by it. It was action packed from start to finish and quite varied. I think the new controls are great and really make the game more accessible. I can only hope those disappointed with Killzone 2 because of the controls will now play Killzone 3 and enjoy it's greatness. :D

I've already pre-ordered the Helghast Edition and cannot wait for the 22nd to arrive. What I've played of it so far, I'm enjoying it more than any FPS i've played.

sizu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sizu

I love this site, and I am always interested in what the guys have to say on games. 

however... 

The biggest let down for me is the inconsistency regarding reviews for games.  Killzone 3 is a prime example.  Every website under the sun has published their reviews, yet nothing from the guys here yet.   I find this frustrating as I respect the quality of work from the site since I am in the same age bracket as the staff [i.e. not a kid] and usually agree with Jeff's viewpoint on gameplay.  

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By alternate

jeffgerstmann Jeff Gerstmann

Last full day in Vegas. Can't wait to get home and spend the weekend with MvC3 and Killzone 3.

jeffgerstmann Jeff Gerstmann

@

@ SlurmsMP Yeah, I'll play some portion of it in 3D, as well.

pdiddy1047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By pdiddy1047
    @sizu:  Yeah, the usually are last to get their reviews up, but I really respect the fact that they seem to actually be waiting for the game to go public to get a more accurate representation of how the MP is.  I find it kind of irresponsible to review a MP focused game before its even open to the public.  Every other site is in such a rush to get their review up, most of the reviews out there barely seem to touch on the MP.
    Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Dany
    @sizu said:

" I love this site, and I am always interested in what the guys have to say on games.  however...  The biggest let down for me is the inconsistency regarding reviews for games.  Killzone 3 is a prime example.  Every website under the sun has published their reviews, yet nothing from the guys here yet.   I find this frustrating as I respect the quality of work from the site since I am in the same age bracket as the staff [i.e. not a kid] and usually agree with Jeff's viewpoint on gameplay.   "

Unlike other sites, they do all of the previews, quick looks, reviews, go to events and interviews. That's 5 people. Cut them some slack, jeff is working on the review.
    evanbrau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By evanbrau

The single player is an absolute mess but from the beta and what I've played of botzone the multiplayer is doing all the serious leg work in the game. The servers aren't up yet so Jeff will probably be waiting for that to get some more time with the multiplayer before posting a full review.

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I saw some of Jeff's tweets hinting that he's also playing some game called  ''Hyperdimension Neptinia'' whilst doing his Killzone 3 run through. So I looked it up. And dear lord, I feel sorry for Jeff. I really do.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Wuddel

My ICI bets are on 5 stars from Jeff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.