Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Horrible Graphic Glitching

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By simian

Maybe it's my PS3 (80GB Old Style) but I'm getting horrible graphic artifacts when playing. Not just specs / white dots but artifacts and flickers in the environment. At first I thought bullets all had tracers on them but then I realized that that environment effects were also getting weird streaking. 
    Anyone experience something like this? I'm thinking that my unit it's on the way out (it overheats a lot, randomly reboots during a movie, etc) and I should just bite the bullet and replace it but if there's a fix, it'd be nice to delay the inevitable.

rasko9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By rasko9

i just bought this game and playing it tomorwo morning hopefully i dont have that problem   
     it sounds like it might be your ps3.  i have the same 80g

Voxatron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Voxatron

Yeah I haven't heard of any glitches graphically with it so far, but it definitely sounds like it might be the hardware causing the problem though.
     definitely sorta sounds like it might be time to move on from it...

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By handlas

i saw someone complaining about the graphics being messed up for the Retro Map pack.  Not exactly sure why.  The person was saying everything was extremely blurry and they couldn't see.  They re-downloaded it and said it was fine.

For me, on one of the maps the lighting was being funky for me but it was not on a DLC map.  Like the lens flare was so intense I couldn't even see.  I figured it was part of the map but I never noticed it before that or after.  I'm on a Slim PS3 so probably nothing to do with your PS3 itself ya?

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Donos

Playing on my fairly new PS3 slim, I had a couple graphics glitches where a character model would get stretched into the sky for a little while. Not sure what causes that.
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Boiglenoight

I've had sound and freezing problems.   I think the sound effects issues were resolved in the first patch.  So far my PS3's frozen 3 times playing Killzone 3, once during gameplay (someone had just killed me) and twice during loading / connecting screens between  rounds.

Sawboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sawboss

I had a real graphics problem in multiplayer last night. Only time though, it was on a retro map I think.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Afroman269

I'm running on an 80 gig and it's all good for me.

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By simian

Mine's had a lot of emotional problems for awhile now so this might just be the last straw... It'd freeze constantly during Heavy Rain and show weird artifacts during GoW3

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Mystyr_E

I've only had audio problems. One of Jammer's lines "I'm coming up on your right" literally got bugged and all she was doing was "I'm coming up on your righ-I'm coming up on your righ-I'm coming up on your righ" etc

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TwoOneFive

i noticed one glitch in the campaign. i was wondering around and found it though, so it didnt affect the experience at all. i was able to see right through a wall. 

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Boiglenoight
    @simian said:
    " Mine's had a lot of emotional problems for awhile now so this might just be the last straw... It'd freeze constantly during Heavy Rain and show weird artifacts during GoW3 "
    Sounds like GPU is melting.  Just keep playing Killzone 3 to YRoD the system.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By captain_clayman

time to get a new ps3!  do you have enough space for your ps3 to breathe?

Donos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Donos
    @Mystyr_E said:

"I've only had audio problems. One of Jammer's lines "I'm coming up on your right" literally got bugged and all she was doing was "I'm coming up on your righ-I'm coming up on your righ-I'm coming up on your righ" etc "

That happened all over the place to me, pretty much every time the game loaded anything.It happened in Killzone 2 as well, if I remember correctly.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By LiquidPrince

Sounds like your GPU might be dying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.