Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Pre-Order Bonus.... Confused

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Truant19

I never pre-order, i hate the whole idea of pre-order bonuses and try not to support the BS, but I broke down. After the guy at gamestop told me that I would get the first DLC free (retro map pack, $5), I decided to. I picked the game up today, and asked the guy if I was supposed to get a code or something, he said it was in the case. (which struck me as odd since how would only the preorder people get it?), got it home, theres no code in there. Any idea whats happening here?

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By BraveToaster

I think you should go back to Gamestop and tell them. I hope you kept the receipt.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By imsh_pl

As far as I'm concerned, the retro map pack comes with the limited edition of the game (not the giant box with the helghan head, mind you), which is a bit (propably $5-$10) more expensive.

So yeah, the guy propably screwed you over.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By DoctorTran

It should have been a code on the receipt.

NeVeRMoRe666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By NeVeRMoRe666

If it is indeed a limited edition, that means the every new copy of the game will get the first DLC free. That guy probably told you you needed to preorder in order to get your preorder monies.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#6  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @DoctorTran said:
    " It should have been a code on the receipt. "
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

I work at Gamestop and it is indeed a code on your receipt. Just look a little below the big box asking you to take the customer service survey and there will be a PS3 code of 12 digits broken up by a couple hyphens. This will give you the Retro Map Pack of two maps from the original games and unlock every weapon in multiplayer for 24 hours.
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By PerryVandell

Probably should've pre-ordered from Amazon since you get a $20 credit. It's the only place I buy games on disc these days.

Truant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Truant19
    @CenturionCajun said:
    " I work at Gamestop and it is indeed a code on your receipt. Just look a little below the big box asking you to take the customer service survey and there will be a PS3 code of 12 digits broken up by a couple hyphens. This will give you the Retro Map Pack of two maps from the original games and unlock every weapon in multiplayer for 24 hours. "
    I have the receipt but I dont see any code on it. Or a thing asking for a survey. How big are these codes?
    RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By RobotHamster

Thats why I just get my stuff from amazon, not tax, no shipping and they gave me $20.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.