Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Who else Played and Loved KZ1?

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

I was a pretty hardcore Sony fanboy back then so I friggen loved that game when it came out. With it being touted as a Halo killer and all, which it was not. But it was very solid. 

Thought the multiplayer was pretty great too. It was the first game I played with broadband internet.  

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

I finished it on Hard. It's not an experience I'd like to repeat. Still, good game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Devil240Z
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " I finished it on Hard. It's not an experience I'd like to repeat. Still, good game. "
    I just remember something about a space station and wanting to pull my hair out. 
    PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By PerryVandell

I tried it and stopped about a quarter of the way through. The controls just got on my nerves after a while (R3 to zoom in instead of L1? Come on).

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By DoctorTran

I know that at some point I decided the only way I could finish it, was with cheats.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Enigma777

Luger and Hakha <3

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DoctorTran

Also, the one thing I really miss about the new games is the lack of the Helghan double agent. He was so cool

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " I tried it and stopped about a quarter of the way through. The controls just got on my nerves after a while (R3 to zoom in instead of L1? Come on). "
    I don't know. That control scheme was pretty standard at the time. Though it is just awfully dated now.  
    DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DoctorTran
    @Devil240Z
    @Fullmetal216 said:
    " I tried it and stopped about a quarter of the way through. The controls just got on my nerves after a while (R3 to zoom in instead of L1? Come on). "
    I don't know. That control scheme was pretty standard at the time. Though it is just awfully dated now.  
    Yep. Yet some how I totally roll with if bow.
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By CenturionCajun

I seem to remember when it first came out playing it and thouroughly enjoying myself. However, after going back and trying to replay it to prepare for the release of Killzone 3 I can say it has not aged gracefully. The incredibly linear levels and almost painful repitition do it no favors. I would rank it as my least favorite Killzone game below Killzone: Liberation on the PSP.
    csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By csl316

I played it and definitely enjoyed it.  But alas, Blockbuster needed it back so I never finished.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12  Edited By Raven10

I played it. One of the worst gaming experiences of my life. I literally had to force myself to play it. Only reason I finished it was so I could be up to date when Killzone 2 came out. But it was awful. Poorly balanced, bad controls, stupid AI, the whole thing. Oh and if you thought you wanted to sever Rico's balls and strangle him with them in the second game, oh God, just play the first. I played as him the whole game because his weapon was simply better than anyone elses, but damn I wanted to do terrible things to him by the end of the game. How is it that of all the characters in the first game, the one you have to play beside for the next two game is Rico? And this time we get 70 minutes of him? God that almost makes me not want to get Killzone 3. Did I mention I hated the first game yet? Because it was damn bad. I would give it one star.
    cstrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By cstrang

I enjoyed it at the time, even though I do remember at least one glitch that caused me to have to restart a level or two.  I remember playing through the demo on the PS Underground demo disk many, many times.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

I played it, and I loved it. 

Ocean_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ocean_H

Played it a long time ago. The characters were way more loveable than the current ones and the story was more enjoyable too.

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jasta

I played it and enjoyed it, I wouldn't say I loved it though.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Devil240Z
    @Jasta said:
    " I played it and enjoyed it, I wouldn't say I loved it though. "
    Love may have been too strong a word...
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By FunExplosions
    @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    " I finished it on Hard. It's not an experience I'd like to repeat. Still, good game. "
    Fuck that. I remember buying that game back when I played every game on hard from the start. I got to the snow base place, near the end of that part, and just gave up. Came back to it a couple years later and played it on easy. Waddyaknow, I actually enjoyed it. Space battles, yeah! Kinda bumbed they finally opted to remove most of the immersion and realism.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Raven10 said:
    " I played it. One of the worst gaming experiences of my life. I literally had to force myself to play it. Only reason I finished it was so I could be up to date when Killzone 2 came out. But it was awful. Poorly balanced, bad controls, stupid AI, the whole thing. Oh and if you thought you wanted to sever Rico's balls and strangle him with them in the second game, oh God, just play the first. I played as him the whole game because his weapon was simply better than anyone elses, but damn I wanted to do terrible things to him by the end of the game. How is it that of all the characters in the first game, the one you have to play beside for the next two game is Rico? And this time we get 70 minutes of him? God that almost makes me not want to get Killzone 3. Did I mention I hated the first game yet? Because it was damn bad. I would give it one star. "
    That's the question every single person is asking themselves. They should have been smart and went with the chick, or at least the Helghan spy. But I guess that would have gotten in the way of thir CoD plans. Anyone remember when this was supposed to be "the Halo killer"? Now it's trying to be the CoD Killer, and failing - of course.
    Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @FunExplosions said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets said:
    Fuck that. I remember buying that game back when I played every game on hard from the start. I got to the snow base place, near the end of that part, and just gave up. Came back to it a couple years later and played it on easy. Waddyaknow, I actually enjoyed it. Space battles, yeah! Kinda bumbed they finally opted to remove most of the immersion and realism. "
    Maxed out sensitivity and grenade spamming... yeah, I'm a jerk.
    XenoNick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#21  Edited By XenoNick

Yeah I enjoyed it quite a bit back when it came out. You would actually make use of having two magazines taped togther.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Red12b

I wish they had kept up with the amazing history of the KZ universe, it's fucking awesome, yet they threw it all away and turned it into meatheads battling glowing eyed dudes.  

At least Vasari had fucking presence, 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.