Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone 3

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 22, 2011

Killzone 3 continues the story of the invasion of the planet Helghan by the oppressive forces of the merciless Interplanetary Strategic Alliance. The game also features an improved multiplayer progression system and refined classes.

Worth getting Move for it?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Anyone tried this out or general FPS controls using Move. Worth trying out? Do you need the Navigation controller for it?

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Stete

I tried playing SOCOM with Move at the Eurogamer Expo and it was a horrible, HORRIBLE experience. Problem was that you had to have a ridiculous steady hand to keep the view centered, otherwise it would keep moving. I dunno maybe there's a different control scheme where you have to hold the trigger button to aim, and maybe the Killzone 3 move controls are much more refined but so far I don't think move is suited to be used as both for aiming AND looking at the same time in 3rd/1st person shooters.

And im pretty sure you need the navigation controller but you can use a dualshock instead. Unless there's is no way to change the button mapping in the game and you're left handed, then you will need a navigation controller.

TommyK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TommyK

It's impossible to say right now really, I've already got move so I am going to give it a go but I imagine I will stick to using the dualshock most of the time..I might just get rid of my move actually, getting no use out of it at all.

BasketSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By BasketSnake

It's super precise when you aim with the move but I either struggled with turning because the setting was too fast or to slow. I simply couldn't find anything that I was happy with. I'll probably play the story but I'm not playing online with the move. The actual reticule movement to point and change targets is pretty spot on when you've tweaked it to your liking.

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fwylo

I'll probably just hook my kinect up to it.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Well, all the reviews I've read said it works well, much better than the Wii, but the controller is still the best option. So I don't know if I'd spend 100 bucks on it. 

Personally, I'm just excited I get to play a Killzone game with my controller where it doesn't feel like I'm moving through molasses.

MoonpieMisfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MoonpieMisfit
    @BasketSnake said:
    " It's super precise when you aim with the move but I either struggled with turning because the setting was too fast or to slow. I simply couldn't find anything that I was happy with. I'll probably play the story but I'm not playing online with the move. The actual reticule movement to point and change targets is pretty spot on when you've tweaked it to your liking. "
    Turning was a problem for me, but I did find a config that worked well for me.  It still took a bit of getting used to, but now I have no problems turning or aiming.  It's going to be my preferred method of control. 

@Wuddel:  You do need the navigational controller.  If you have the wand and nav controller, I'd say it's definitely worth trying.  I really enjoy playing the game with Move, but I'd never say it's the definitive way to play.  I wouldn't recommend running out and buying Move just to try it.  
    Valkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#8  Edited By Valkyr

I'll be getting a starter pack just for KZ3 multiplayer but I'll wait till a reasonable game is bundled with it , RE5:Gold Edition or Top Spin 4 for example, I don't have enough room to play table tennis with a friend and one mini game out of Sport Champions doesn't justify the price.

MoonpieMisfit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MoonpieMisfit

I didn't realize it until last night, but you can use a DS3 in place of the Nav controller.  I haven't used that combo yet, so not sure how well it will work.  It's an option if you have just the Wand though.

thespartandon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By thespartandon

When I played Killzone 3 with the Move, I felt like I was 'that guy' who still couldn't grasp the concept of using two analogue sticks.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#11  Edited By MightyDuck

After seeing the video of the "Move Sharpshooter,"  I'm really thinking about picking up a Move along with it.  It does look pretty neat.  But thats a hefty price point when you factor in a $60 game, $100 move, $30 for nav controller, and then $40 for sharpshooter.

Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By Boiglenoight

Do it.  After you get acclimated to the controls and set the sensitivity to what you're comfortable with, you will have a huge advantage by being able to target anything on the screen while strafing.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pweidman
    @keef said:

"Do it.  After you get acclimated to the controls and set the sensitivity to what you're comfortable with, you will have a huge advantage by being able to target anything on the screen while strafing. "

This. 

Also watch this for tons of good info on how the move controller and nav controller work in Killzone 3:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWF0yZCmpNo 

If you get really used to it, it'll be an advantage maybe over DS3 users, except for the slight delay in melee kills. 
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gizmo

The youtube video linked above is certainly very interesting, there definately seems to be an advantage using it. Now, if I could pick up a Move/Killzone 3 bundle for £69.99 i'd be all over it.

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Vorbis

Yeah that video was good, wouldn't of thought they would implement it so well. Actually tempted to pickup a Move now.

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Wuddel
    @pweidman: Thanks fo posting this. 

Yeah. So I decided to get Move. Just ordered it. The Starter package + nav controller. Since I already got the DS2 Limited edition with Extraction (And I enjoy the hell out of this universe.), I figured it will be worthwhile.
    Boiglenoight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By Boiglenoight

Man, that video really drives home what makes the Move so great.  I'm likely to turn off controller vibration now as well.  Despite the immersion that rumble contributes to, the difference in accuracy demands it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.