Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Killzone

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Nov 02, 2004

Fight back against the Helghast invasion with your four man squad to save the Vektan colony.

Anyone Else Replaying Before KZ2?

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

So, I decided to bust out Killzone before Killzone 2 drops this week. While the art style and story are still pretty good the graphics are disappointing. I don't know if I'm spoiled by next gen or what but they just doing seem up to snuff. The framerate will dip terribly at times and the controls can seem downright sluggish. It looks like they have fixed most of these issues for Killzone 2 but I'll be interested to see how it goes.

So, anyone else given Killzone a run recently?

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By matthew

I never got the chance to play this game when it came out - I was a Gamecube guy.  But a friend of mine was all about it, so about a month ago, he gave me a copy of the game to play with.  I only really was able to play for about 40 minutes or so, but it's starting to show it's age.  One of the really interesting things I found out about it was that the animation actually seemed to hold it's own. 
    But it's less than a week until numero 2 makes it's way into my console.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

One thing I have noticed is that the checkpoints are almost infuriatingly far apart. Anytime I die I'm put back at least five or ten minutes of firefights. That gets old when you're in a tough area where several deaths are almost inevitable.

Volkain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Volkain

Try killzone Liberation on PSP iti s much better game, got great reviews.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CenturionCajun

I have that too. I'm going to play it once I get through Killzone. I'm trying to get back up to speed on the whole story...

Why are you looking at me like that?

I have a history degree. Keeping up with fluff is part of my obsession with video games. :P

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.