Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kinect Support

Concept »

Kinect is a camera and depth sensor-based peripheral for the Xbox 360 that allows users to interact with and play games using their whole bodies, rather than using a standard controller.

Create your own animations

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Terrents

honestly i think the idea of playing anything serious on a kinect is just silly. but i recently had the idea that what if you recorded your own animations for a game. simple things like the way you walk. and the style that you jump in. wether you jump like a ninja and land in prone or you like to give it alittle bit more swagger. i think it would compliment a game with alot of character creation aswell. you could dress them up and then press forward and see them run in the way that compliments their personality the very same animation you just did but still holding a controller. the hardest part would be moving onto things like recording punching and kicking. although we all arnt acrobatis or martial artist i think most of us could pull off a simple jump kick and not look to silly. (after we messed it up 20 times of course) maybe even some way to edit the animations would be nice. and really make sure your legs are straight when you try and initate a hurricane kick.
    Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Terrents

i think it would be cool at least... :(
    tunaburn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tunaburn

it would be cool. but very tedious  and i would think difficult for online gaming. for everyone to see that animations anyways.

Terrents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Terrents
    @tunaburn:
    true. but just something simple could work too. just like record your own taught or something. and sense it cant pick up finger gestures i dout you could make anything to dirty.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.