Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

King of Dragon Pass

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Oct 29, 1999

King of Dragon Pass is a strategy game released by A Sharp in 1999. An updated version was released for iOS in 2011.

I heven't slept in three days

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Ok, not really, but I have been up until the wee hours with this game, from the minute work ends to the minute I fall asleep. I bought it on a whim from gog due to the cover of a Native American fighting a viking. What was inside was an amazingly deep storytelling game with layers of strategy, sim and rpg inside. I had never heard of it before last week but it really deserves to be better known. There is also apparently an iOS version too. I highly recommend people play this game.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Random cultural battles? So like this?

Loading Video...

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#3  Edited By ArbitraryWater

I really liked what I played of King of Dragon Pass. I think the best way to describe it would be that it's a... fantasy clan simulation strategy game? The mechanics are a bit opaque though, which is something I don't necessarily like in my strategy games.

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I bought this games off the GOG sale earlier in the summer and man is it good. I haven't gotten particularly far in it yet but from what I've played it is a really unique experience.

Aelric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Aelric

I really liked what I played of King of Dragon Pass. I think the best way to describe it would be that it's a... fantasy clan simulation strategy game? The mechanics are a bit opaque though, which is something I don't necessarily like in my strategy games.

Yeah, I stumbled around for a while but the wiki is helpful with a spoiler free beginners guide that explains the mechanics while the randomness still makes it difficult. It's a rocky start but it you can get through the ten years of game time, stockpileing food and cattle at first to have flexibility, you can usually get to a good place...unless you get a drought in that time, then just go ahead and restart, because ending the drought required perfect memory and random circumstances that are hard to pull off early on.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.