Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdom Hearts III

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jan 25, 2019

The third sequentially numbered title in the Kingdom Hearts franchise.

Hikaru Utada involved in Kingdom Hearts III theme song

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hikaru Utada, who did the theme songs “Simple and Clean” / “Hikari” for Kingdom Hearts and “Sanctuary” / “Passion” for Kingdom Hearts II, is involved in the theme song for Kingdom Hearts III.

Responding to a fan on Twitter, Hikaru’s father Teruzane confirmed the New York City-born Japanese singer’s role in the anticipated sequel’s theme.

What music of magic will she cook up this time?

http://gematsu.com/2013/10/hikaru-utada-involved-in-kingdom-hearts-iii-theme-song

Great news I really miss her music.

blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It wouldn't be Kingdom Hearts without her lovely voice.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I've always thought that Simple and Clean was a pretty good song, and I kinda hope that KH3's intro song is just Simple and Clean. Again. It's become something of a theme for the series, anyway.

Nostalgia has been calling me back to the first Kingdom Hearts for a little while now. Guess I'll go play it!

logicfracture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By logicfracture

Sounds cool. Hopefully it's not another remix of the same songs.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As it should be. Glad to hear it. Also, Sanctuary was always better than Simple and Clean.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
    deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've always thought that Simple and Clean was a pretty good song, and I kinda hope that KH3's intro song is just Simple and Clean. Again. It's become something of a theme for the series, anyway.

Nostalgia has been calling me back to the first Kingdom Hearts for a little while now. Guess I'll go play it!

I kind of agree with that. I thought the theme of Kingdom Hearts 2 was incredibly boring, whereas the first game's theme was fun and catchy.

I want to play Kingdom Hearts too now, I guess I'll go ahead and buy the HD remix and get to it!

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@quarters said:

As it should be. Glad to hear it. Also, Sanctuary was always better than Simple and Clean.

This. I'm glad that this is confirmed though. Also, I don't like the version of Simple and Clean in the OP. I like this one.

Loading Video...

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Good, I was always hoping that they'd bring her back once they made 3. They've alternated between using the first and the second game's theme song for far too long.

Here's hoping it'll be as good as the first two.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
    MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@quarters said:

This. I'm glad that this is confirmed though. Also, I don't like the version of Simple and Clean in the OP. I like this one.

Loading Video...

Yep. Nostalgia is hitting me hard listening to that song. Goddamn. Fuck the haters, I really like Kingdom Hearts.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

She damn well better be.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
    awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By awesomeusername

@mariachimacabre: I love KH also. I need to borrow the 1.5 collection from my friend when he decides to beat it and play 2.5 next year. I only played KH 1 & 2 so I'm excited to play Birth By Sleep when it comes out on 2.5 next year. It just sucks that 358/2 Days is all cutscene's though. I'm pumped as hell for KH3.

Paarthurnax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You guys are just dropping nostalgia bombs on me right now. I can't believe it's been this long since the last console KH. Oh well, can't wait for Utada Hikaru's track to drop and to listen over and over and over until KH3 arrives.

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By zero_

Utada Hikaru... man she's still going huh? Last I heard she retired or went on hiatus didn't she?

EDIT: Oh man, so I don't know much about KH - but I know of Hikki from elsewhere, and listening to Simple and Clean in English reminds me how weird those lyrics are haha

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zero_ said:

Utada Hikaru... man she's still going huh? Last I heard she retired or went on hiatus didn't she?

Yeh the last time I heard about her was when she has gotten married and also visited the university. So I am really glad that she is doing that.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I can't say i agree if you played most of the Kingdom hearts games they have used simple and clean quite a bit, to the point i would be disappointed if they reused it again. Love the song but i think it time to move on, so i'm ready for a new tune to rejoice over.

shinjin977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great, shes really great.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@darji said:

@zero_ said:

Yeh the last time I heard about her was when she has gotten married and also visited the university. So I am really glad that she is doing that.

Read some months back on someones tumblr page a foreign exchange student in the UK saw her riding the train over there. She called her by name and said hi, and she smiled back. Sounds like she's really enjoying her time away from that Japanese spotlight.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.