Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

IGN's Review in Progress Does Anser Lots of Questions

• 74 results
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Seppli

Colin Moriarty did an awesome feature for Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning. His 'Review in Progress' is now complete. A 9-page write-up of impressions and community questions and his answers. Many have expressed their doubts after playing the demo, which is plagued by rather grave and consistent technical issues, especially on consoles. He's playing on the PS3, both the review code and the retail version, and apparently the experience is super smooth. No crashes and hang-ups whatsoever, just some seldom framerate drops in heated battles and pop-ups.

Pretty much any question you can think of gets aswered too. So if you're as into KoA:R as I am, give the article a go. I really like this type of feature a lot and it kinda fits well to how IGN does things. Kinda the opposite of a Giant Bomb's quicklook.

One of the many questions answered in the 'Review in Progress'...

Kratos5s5s asks... I have yet to fully complete the demo even once due to freezing issues. The dialogue also cuts out at some points, or is simply not spoken at all. Other animations, particularly during conversations, appear glitched as well. Have you encountered any major (or minor) bugs in the final product?

Colin answers... It's super disappointing to hear that the demo for the game isn't running well for a lot of gamers. Much of that apparently has to do with the fact that it's based off of an old build that was outsourced to a third party. Nonetheless, I haven't run into any significant problems on either the PS3 debug or PS3 retail builds I've been playing. I can't yet speak for PC or Xbox 360, however. Minor problems I've encountered have included a less than desirable draw distance at times, some stuttering audio and frame rate drops during super-heated battles. That's the extent of it. Believe it or not, the game hasn't frozen a single time on me, which is awesome for a game of this size and scope.

I'm looking forward to all the reviews. I wonder how well KoA:R will be received by the different outlets.

God dammit... I should really proof read my shit before posting. Title fuck-ups are my favorite!

Vorbis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Vorbis
    Berserker976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Berserker976

@Vorbis said:

Would suggest reading Penny Arcades thoughts on the game aswell. "Better than Skyrim" is quite a head turner.

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/01/27/amalur

To be fair he also claims to not like Skyrim in the first place, so that isn't actually a very bold proclamation.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kishinfoulux

Colin Moriarty is Greg Miller lite. He's pretty awful so I disregard his thoughts immediately. No surprise he's playing on the PS3 either. I hate these Reviews in Progress things too. Just looking for cheap hits.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

Bad draw distances? How can that still be a thing in 2012?

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mordukai

@McGhee said:

7 year old console hardware.

EDIT: ?

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cyraxible

@Berserker976: When he claims that so much of the world felt procedurally generated in Skyrim I immediately discounted this article.

Come on. Complaining about combat is one thing but claiming that the world is procedurally generated is just ridiculous.

I can't even comprehend how someone can come to this conclusion.

I feel the art of KoA does no good honestly. It feels way too derivative of WoW and Fable.

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rattle618

How is that a good review if the guy didnt touch the 360 or pc versions of the game?

PokeIkzai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PokeIkzai

I played the PS3 demo and had a blast.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mordukai

@Rattle618 said:

How is that a good review if the guy didnt touch the 360 or pc versions of the game?

Not trying to sound like a fanboy but why would any GB review when they only played one version a good review?

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@cyraxible said:

@Berserker976: When he claims that so much of the world felt procedurally generated in Skyrim I immediately discounted this article.

Come on. Complaining about combat is one thing but claiming that the world is procedurally generated is just ridiculous.

I feel the art of KoA does no good honestly. It feels way too derivative of WoW and Fable.

Both of which are derived (i.e. rip offs) of American comic books.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By toowalrus

@Oldirtybearon said:

@cyraxible said:

I never noticed this (though I don't read many comics). Like what?

Rattle618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Rattle618

@Mordukai said:

@Rattle618 said:

Not trying to sound like a fanboy but why would any GB review when they only played one version a good review?

It doesnt usually happen here, when it does the guys clarify it. If a GB review only takes into account one version of the game and does not clarify that fact then it is a bad review in my book.

I didnt come in here to trash IGN or be a GB fanboy, I just wanted to point out that the major issue with Reckoning right now for me and a ton of other people is that the demo was buggy as hell and this clown is telling people that everything is fine with only 1/3 of the facts.

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cyraxible

@TooWalrus: I do read comics and I'm baffled by this statement.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Oldirtybearon

@TooWalrus said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@cyraxible said:

I never noticed this (though I don't read many comics). Like what?

With World of Warcraft specifically, look up an artist named Joe Mad (hint: he's the art guy for Darksiders). Many comic book artists since the late 80's have gone after a hybrid of Frank Frazetta and Jack Kirby, which led to the muscle-bound, exaggerated style that really hit its stride in the 90's. It's subsided quite a bit since the dawn of the millennium, but there's definitely still that particular influence all over American comic books.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mordukai

@Rattle618 said:

@Mordukai said:

@Rattle618 said:

It doesnt usually happen here, when it does the guys clarify it. If a GB review only takes into account one version of the game and does not clarify that fact then it is a bad review in my book.

I didnt come in here to trash IGN or be a GB fanboy, I just wanted to point out that the major issue with Reckoning right now for me and a ton of other people is that the demo was buggy as hell and this clown is telling people that everything is fine with only 1/3 of the facts.

A demo that was from old build and was also outsourced.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Seppli

@Rattle618 said:

It's not a review, it's just a 9-page blog leading up to a review and it's meant to inform and entertain. The review will be out next Friday. Most my questions got answered really. Like how the save system works and so forth. It's actually more informative than most regular reviews, because actual reader questions get answered.

It's a great feature. Other games would kill for this kind of attention.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#18  Edited By gla55jAw

@kishinfoulux said:

Colin Moriarty is Greg Miller lite. He's pretty awful so I disregard his thoughts immediately. No surprise he's playing on the PS3 either. I hate these Reviews in Progress things too. Just looking for cheap hits.

Why is he awful? Because he's on the PS3 team? He's giving his opinion and thoughts of a game he is playing and eventually reviewing, so I don't see the problem. The only thing I would mention is that he is comparing the game to Dark Souls, Skyrim and Dragon Age, but I don't think he has yet to compare the game to Fable.

Maybe it's because I'm a Beyond fan, but I enjoy Greg and Colin's opinions.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By veektarius

I want Reckoning to be a good game, but the reasons that the above reviewers give for thinking it's good are not quite sufficient to set my mind at ease. Especially admiring the art style. I'll believe a lot of things are better than the demo in the retail version, but not the art style.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TentPole

@Mordukai said:

@Rattle618 said:

@Mordukai said:

@Rattle618 said:

A demo that was from old build and was also outsourced.

Read this

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By Dreamfall31

I am cautiously interested. I liked the demo, but it has it's draw backs. I've always wanted a non-MMO World of Warcraft and this seems pretty close to that. I like WoW for the first week, but got quickly bored of the MMO gameplay. The demo was pretty fun and I like the look and combat a lot. The camera is the only thing that bothers me as it doesn't turn with the character in the right way. I found it also spins really fast when you sprint and don't control it yourself. When you sprint and start to head towards the edge of the screen to turn a corner, the camera moves on it's own to follow you. Thats fine, but the camera for that seems to have a set speed and goes too fast and I find myself following it and turning too far off where I want to run, I'm sure I can get used to it, but it is really annoying at times. So I'm gonna wait for reviews to see how it fares. Still looks pretty deep and immersive on it's own. I hope the 5 years of development was worth it!

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By EthanielRain

"...when you compare it to the three popular fantasy RPGs of our time -- Skyrim, Dark Souls and Dragon Age -- Reckoning easily outclasses all of them in the gameplay department. The competition isn't even remotely close in any respect."

<3

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#23  Edited By galiant
    @EthanielRain

"...when you compare it to the three popular fantasy RPGs of our time -- Skyrim, Dark Souls and Dragon Age -- Reckoning easily outclasses all of them in the gameplay department. The competition isn't even remotely close in any respect."

<3

Judging by the demo, I find that to be an absurd statement. I did not enjoy the gameplay at all.
    DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By DukesT3

@Mordukai said:

@McGhee said:

7 year old console hardware.

EDIT: ?

No your right. Why I'm the only crazy bastard clamoring for new consoles by this fall.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Tennmuerti

@Galiant said:

@EthanielRain

<3

Judging by the demo, I find that to be an absurd statement. I did not enjoy the gameplay at all.

If by gameplay he means "action combat" that I would give it to Reckoning over Dragon Age or Skyrim, Dark Souls is a completely different experience, Reckoning combat is all sunshine and rainbows in the difficulty department.

If by gameplay we mean actually all the things that encompass it like, gear/leveling/stuff to do in the world/party tactics combat/breadth of options then the reviewer is a tool.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hatking

@Seppli said:

Colin Moriarty did an awesome feature for Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning. His 'Review in Progress' is now complete. A 9-page write-up of impressions and community questions and his answers. Many have expressed their doubts after playing the demo, which is plagued by rather grave and consistent technical issues, especially on consoles. He's playing on the PS3, both the review code and the retail version, and apparently the experience is super smooth. No crashes and hang-ups whatsoever, just some seldom framerate drops in heated battles and pop-ups.

Pretty much any question you can think of gets aswered too. So if you're as into KoA:R as I am, give the article a go. I really like this type of feature a lot and it kinda fits well to how IGN does things. Kinda the opposite of a Giant Bomb's quicklook.

One of the many questions answered in the 'Review in Progress'...

Kratos5s5s asks... I have yet to fully complete the demo even once due to freezing issues. The dialogue also cuts out at some points, or is simply not spoken at all. Other animations, particularly during conversations, appear glitched as well. Have you encountered any major (or minor) bugs in the final product?

Colin answers... It's super disappointing to hear that the demo for the game isn't running well for a lot of gamers. Much of that apparently has to do with the fact that it's based off of an old build that was outsourced to a third party. Nonetheless, I haven't run into any significant problems on either the PS3 debug or PS3 retail builds I've been playing. I can't yet speak for PC or Xbox 360, however. Minor problems I've encountered have included a less than desirable draw distance at times, some stuttering audio and frame rate drops during super-heated battles. That's the extent of it. Believe it or not, the game hasn't frozen a single time on me, which is awesome for a game of this size and scope.

I'm looking forward to all the reviews. I wonder how well KoA:R will be received by the different outlets.

God dammit... I should really proof read my shit before posting. Title fuck-ups are my favorite!

Anecdotal on the glitch issues, keep in mind. Skyrim has only had one bug for me (a lockup during a load while fast traveling) and I'm clearly the exception. He could be an exception too.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By penguindust

@Vorbis said:

Would suggest reading Penny Arcades thoughts on the game aswell. "Better than Skyrim" is quite a head turner.

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/01/27/amalur

Yeah, I read it. He mostly talks about the combat, which even the critics say is good. The rest of the article is about the art which he says if you don't like, the game isn't for you. Having only played the demo, I'm not a fan. It's like Fable and WOW (which he admits) but uglier. I don't have a problem with cartoonish art styles such as Borderlands, but the demo of Amalur didn't appeal to my current tastes. Also, nothing about the story or types of quests. That's more important to me in an RPG than combat.

The IGN article was better and answered a few questions I had. I was disappointed to hear there is no lock-on for archery and the CPU picks a target it "thinks" you want. Camera issues made that a problem for me in the demo. The reviewer at IGN liked the menu system, which I felt was cumbersome. A matter of taste, I guess. The reviewer also didn't like DAO and its combat system which I loved deeply (PC version). Again, a matter of tastes.

I didn't hate the demo, and I hope that the final build is better looking and smoother playing. It's just that my very limited experience with the game (I completed the demo), didn't impress me much. I am still considering getting Amalur on the PS3, but it won't be for a while since I am still playing Skyrim which I love (combat and all). The price would also need to come down since I have too many reservations to pay for it new right now. It feels like more of an enjoyable distraction than a rich engrossing experience and that's not full price for me. Oh, and I'm cheap.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CptBedlam

@Seppli: What's with all these KoA threads? Are you getting paid for viral marketing the game or something?

There's no need to open a new thread for every single preview (and later review) you stumble upon. Put that shit in one thread.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By valrog

@Tennmuerti said:

@Galiant said:

@EthanielRain

<3

If by gameplay he means "action combat" that I would give it to Reckoning over Dragon Age or Skyrim, Dark Souls is a completely different experience, Reckoning combat is all sunshine and rainbows in the difficulty department.

If by gameplay we mean actually all the things that encompass it like, gear/leveling/stuff to do in the world/party tactics combat/breadth of options then the reviewer is a tool.

Why would he even compare it to those games, which offer an entirely different experience? If anything, it should be compared to Fable.

Imagine the combat system from Reckoning in let's say Dark Souls. Yeah, no.

Also, rolling away and changing weapons is really bad. And last time I checked, that's a part of gameplay.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By ZenaxPure
    @EthanielRain said:

<3

Wait, is this a quote from the IGN review in progress? I refuse to give Moriarty-the-insane clicks for IGN to find out for myself. I ask this as he has admitted multiple times on their Sony podcast that he hates Dark Souls/Dragon Age and barely played them. I am not saying he is wrong but jesus, he probably shouldn't be saying things like that for games he spent barely any time with.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CptBedlam

@Zenaxzd said:

@EthanielRain said:

<3

Wait, is this a quote from the IGN review in progress? I refuse to give Moriarty-the-insane clicks for IGN to find out for myself. I ask this as he has admitted multiple times on their Sony podcast that he hates Dark Souls/Dragon Age and barely played them. I am not saying he is wrong but jesus, he probably shouldn't be saying things like that for games he spent barely any time with.

Yeah that's from the IGN thing. The guy is obviously an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, this IGN feature just reeks of an exclusive deal with the publisher, hence the overly positive and extensive review. It's laughable how much he hypes this game.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By emem

Weird, it reads a bit like something written by a fan, very subjective instead of trying to at least make it sound/read objective.

Anyways... I'm curious why none of the questions the guy answered were about the camera distance and the fact that it zooms in and out all the time during combat, there is just no way nobody asked about that. I personally don't see how combat can be good and fun when there is no way to actively target enemies during some of the attacks. Playing through the demo as a rogue it was just a big turn off when the game decided who it was going to attack instead of giving me full control. Having said that, I really hope the full game is better than the demo, because the world itself looks interesting enough for me to enjoy it.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seppli

@CptBedlam said:

@Zenaxzd said:

@EthanielRain said:

<3

Yeah that's from the IGN thing. The guy is obviously an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Also, this IGN feature just reeks of an exclusive deal with the publisher, hence the overly positive and extensive review. It's laughable how much he hypes this game.

If you look at the game's premise, take the early feedback of people already playing the retail game, extrapolate what the full game will be like from your experiences with the demo - I at least come to the conclusion that KoA:R deserves every bit of hype it gets. Probably even more than it already gets.

I feel like a large number of people played the demo who are unable or unwilling to look beyond what's there. The demo is the opening of the full game, less than 1% of the whole experience. I am willing to look past quirks like the low FoV camera and the artstyle and the silent protagonist. I assume the technical issues are all resolved too. What I see beyond what's in the demo is the grandest action RPG to date, and opposed to most games of this type, the RPG trappings are all fully featured and just as deep as in games like Skyrim.

What's laughable is not to see this game's potential. Even if you don't like the artstyle. With some foresight and educated guess, it's easy to see the grandeur of Kingdoms of Amalur : Reckoning. There's a reason why pretty much all the advanced feedback I've read from people playing the retail game is overwhelmingly positive. You may say 'they're bought and biased'. The obvious answer is much more straightforward though. KoA:R is much better than you care to admit.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CptBedlam

@Seppli: I can't decide who sounds like the bigger fanboy ... you or the IGN guy.

Seriously, especially IGN can't be taken seriously. These guys always have some exclusive deals with publishers and hand out inflated hype scores. The KoA review thing is just the latest example of this.

Baldvinb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Baldvinb

@Rattle618 said:

@Mordukai said:

@Rattle618 said:

If you actually read the article, he does mention that he is playing on ps3 and is asked wich platform he is playing on in the Q&A section

IVBZAVI asks... On which platform are you playing?

Colin answers... The first question asked here is one I've been asked commonly, so I thought I'd get it out in the open. I'm playing through on PlayStation 3, though I will certainly be playing the game on Xbox 360 and PC to test things out before rendering my verdict on those particular platforms.
    Balex1908

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Balex1908

I like what they are trying to do with the combat system, but they were on two podcasts talking about how you can immerse in their world and then I play the demo and the first thing that I see, when I come into the first town is a fucking exclamation mark above the head of the quest giver. Are you kidding me? It is not 2005 anymore.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

@emem

Obviously you're not familiar with Colin Moriarty's prior works. He is the lest objective "professional" writer in video games. This is the guy who brought us such sterling pieces of journalism like,

Simply the Best: Mass Effect 2 on PS3The PlayStation Vita Is Set to SucceedIs A Perfect Storm Sinking the PlayStation Vita?Why PlayStation 3 Will Outsell Xbox 360

Here is a fantastic quote from Colin that just illustrates exactly how unbiased and objective he is:

There's no denying that Gears of War 3 is a beautiful game, and I was really engaged in the experience as I played the campaign for several hours. I also loved Horde Mode, which I could easily become addicted to. But I doubt I'll go back to finish the campaign any time soon – if ever – because there are too many more compelling games on my docket. And I suspect I'll get all of the third-person action-shooter kicks I need when I beat Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception five times this November.

This man gets paid to write these things!

He is just one of the reasons I don't take a damn thing IGN posts seriously in the least. Just look at this lovely article from his equally biased colleague Greg Miller. The PS3 Perspective: Achievements Suck and Trophies Rock

Now, let me be clear, I am in no way saying that the 360 is somehow superior to the PS3 by pointing out ridiculous pro-PS3 articles like these (I own all three consoles and a PC, and I have no preference or bias toward any of them), I am just illustrating why IGN is not to be trusted for any objectivity in their writing. I am actually looking forward to Reckoning quite a bit, but I will judge the game for myself, the last person I trust about any game is Colin Moriarty.

Bawlsz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Bawlsz

@CptBedlam said:

@Seppli: What's with all these KoA threads? Are you getting paid for viral marketing the game or something?

There's no need to open a new thread for every single preview (and later review) you stumble upon. Put that shit in one thread.

Exactly.

Also IGN AND Colin Moriarty writing this crap, I'll wait till some actual reviews, plus this game has an online pass that blocks out single player content, 7 missions which sucks, probably means I'll get this game when it's £20 or less.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Bawlsz said:

@CptBedlam said:

Exactly.

Also IGN AND Colin Moriarty writing this crap, I'll wait till some actual reviews, plus this game has an online pass that blocks out single player content, 7 missions which sucks, probably means I'll get this game when it's £20 or less.

Duder, I know you're excited for Reckoning and like to defend it with every fiber of your body but there's no need to make a new thread every damn time.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By emem
    @ll_Exile_ll: Yeah, well... looks like I didn't miss anything there. :) I understand that people get mad about stuff like that, I personally just don't care about it and ignoring it completely is probably the best way to handle it, imho. When you look at how much shit is being written about Jim Sterling for example... he writes really weird reviews, based on his (in my opinion mostly bad) taste in games, but a lot of people visit the site because of those controversial reviews and the numbers are all that matter.
    Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Seppli

@Cloudenvy said:

@Bawlsz said:

@CptBedlam said:

Exactly.

Duder, I know you're excited for Reckoning and like to defend it with every fiber of your body but there's no need to make a new thread every damn time.

I felt the feature answered many questions commonly asked in other threads here and that it deserved an own thread. Such as the state of the game compared to the buggy demo and specific gameplay mechanics in general, such as how the save game system will work, respeccs and so forth. Of course if you don't read the whole thing, you won't get that. Regardless if you agree with Colin Moriarty and his opinions or not, it's a very informative article.

Then again, some here find it okay to bash on the game on every occassion. Why is that any different from me being hyped and positive? There's several guys who like to state their dislike of the game multiple times on the same thread over and over again. I for one find that much more disturbing than excited players who share 'cool' shit they dig.

I like pluggin' stuff I like and nobody pays me to do so. Why? Because I love to hear about stuff people enjoy and check them out for myself. Plugs are the best thing on the internet. All the hate and negativity though, I really don't need that.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Cloudenvy

@Seppli said:

@Cloudenvy said:

@Bawlsz said:

@CptBedlam said:

Exactly.

I felt the feature answered many questions commonly asked in other threads here and that it deserved an own thread. Such as the state of the game compared to the buggy demo and specific gameplay mechanics in general, as well as how the save game system will work, respeccs and so forth. Of course if you don't read the whole thing, you won't get that. Regardless if you agree with Colin Moriarty and his opinions or not, it's a very informative article.

Then again, some here find it okay to bash on the game on every occassion, why is that any different from me being hyped and being positive? There's several guys who like to state their dislike of the game multiple times on the same thread. I for one find that much more disturbing than excited players who share 'cool' shit they dig.

I like pluggin' stuff I like and nobody pays me to do so. Why? Because I love to hear about stuff people enjoy and check them out for myself. Plugs are the best thing on the internet. All the hate and negativity though, I really don't need that.

Because the people being negative about it don't make 7 threads about it, that's the difference. It's okay to state that you're excited about it and all that, but making so many threads for every piece of info or positive word you find seems excessive.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kishinfoulux

@Rattle618 said:

Because like I pointed out he hangs from Sonys dick.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kishinfoulux

@gla55jAw said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Why is he awful? Because he's on the PS3 team? He's giving his opinion and thoughts of a game he is playing and eventually reviewing, so I don't see the problem. The only thing I would mention is that he is comparing the game to Dark Souls, Skyrim and Dragon Age, but I don't think he has yet to compare the game to Fable.

Well there ya go. It's not being on the PS3 team. It's him and Greg's awful cock slurping towards Sony. On top of the fact that Greg is a god awful reviewer.

"Obviously you're not familiar with Colin Moriarty's prior works. He is the lest objective "professional" writer in video games. This is the guy who brought us such sterling pieces of journalism like,

Simply the Best: Mass Effect 2 on PS3The PlayStation Vita Is Set to SucceedIs A Perfect Storm Sinking the PlayStation Vita?Why PlayStation 3 Will Outsell Xbox 360

Here is a fantastic quote from Colin that just illustrates exactly how unbiased and objective he is:

There's no denying that Gears of War 3 is a beautiful game, and I was really engaged in the experience as I played the campaign for several hours. I also loved Horde Mode, which I could easily become addicted to. But I doubt I'll go back to finish the campaign any time soon – if ever – because there are too many more compelling games on my docket. And I suspect I'll get all of the third-person action-shooter kicks I need when I beat Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception five times this November.

He is just one of the reasons I don't take a damn thing IGN posts seriously in the least. Just look at this lovely article from his equally biased colleague Greg Miller. The PS3 Perspective: Achievements Suck and Trophies Rock

Now, let me be clear, I am in no way saying that the 360 is somehow superior to the PS3 by pointing out ridiculous pro-PS3 articles like these (I own all three consoles and a PC, and I have no preference or bias toward any of them), I am just illustrating why IGN is not to be trusted for any objectivity in their writing. I am actually looking forward to Reckoning quite a bit, but I will judge the game for myself, the last person I trust about any game is Colin Moriarty."

Also this guy nailed it.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By CptBedlam

@kishinfoulux said:

On top of the fact that Greg is a god awful reviewer.

That Dead Space 2 review ... legendary!

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46  Edited By N7

Hello everyone. This person shares an opinion different from mine. Watch as I attack him and call him out for liking people in which I do not.

Also, it must be noted that he mentioned another website in a non-threatening way and attempted to say positive things about them. As we are all aware, Giant Bomb is the only video game website on the internet we can praise. So join me in this drum-circle of hate as I act like a total fucking idiot. = Most of the people in this thread.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By pweidman

Oh look, excessive vitriol about games and game writers on the internet...shocking.

Anyway, Gametrailers has a preview up now that also states that all the demo issues are not in the final build. Minor FR slows in crowded fights and a little pop in is all according to them:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/advanced-preview-kingdoms-of/726282

Should be fun, and don't worry TC, some of us are still down w/some genuine enthusiasm about an upcoming title. Carry on sir. :)

Forderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Forderz

Any yays or nays on the moddability of this game? I know I'd love a camera mod, judging from that demo.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#49  Edited By gla55jAw

@kishinfoulux said:

@gla55jAw said:

@kishinfoulux said:

Well there ya go. It's not being on the PS3 team. It's him and Greg's awful cock slurping towards Sony. On top of the fact that Greg is a god awful reviewer.

"Obviously you're not familiar with Colin Moriarty's prior works. He is the lest objective "professional" writer in video games. This is the guy who brought us such sterling pieces of journalism like,

Now, let me be clear, I am in no way saying that the 360 is somehow superior to the PS3 by pointing out ridiculous pro-PS3 articles like these (I own all three consoles and a PC, and I have no preference or bias toward any of them), I am just illustrating why IGN is not to be trusted for any objectivity in their writing. I am actually looking forward to Reckoning quite a bit, but I will judge the game for myself, the last person I trust about any game is Colin Moriarty."

Also this guy nailed it.

I donno man, you just pulled up a bunch of opinion articles from guys who let it be known that they prefer PS3. We all have our opinions though, so there's that haha.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By kishinfoulux

@N7 said:

Hello everyone. This person shares an opinion different from mine. Watch as I attack him and call him out for liking people in which I do not. Also, it must be noted that he mentioned another website in a non-threatening way and attempted to say positive things about them. As we are all aware, Giant Bomb is the only video game website on the internet we can praise. So join me in this drum-circle of hate as I act like a total fucking idiot. = Most of the people in this thread.

Who was mentioned and in what way? Just curious.

@gla55jAw: It's not that he isn't allowed to like the PS3 or Sony. It's that his and Greg's love for those things is borderline unprofessional. They have no idea how to put aside their personal bias in their work and it shows.

I remember a bit back on Beyond when Greg mentioned he wouldn't be reviewing Infamous 2 because he had an emotional attachment to the series due to playing the first game while going through a divorce. Greg thinks he's being good and honorable for doing that...except he gives the review to Colin who is equally in love with the franchise. In fact I'm pretty certain that Infamous 2 was his personal GOTY or one of them. That's his opinion and all but at the same time in a year with Skyrim, Batman, Portal 2, Witcher 2, etc. it can't hold those games jock strap.

Personally I hate when sites divide things into console specific sections like IGN does, especially when they have specific people working on those teams. I feel it creates the need for them to show bias towards their team and console and they tend to overrate things. Rich on IGN gave Skyward Sword a 10/10. Again his opinion but you really don't think that wasn't a response to Greg giving Uncharted 3 a 10/10? (LOL @ that also).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.