Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Feb 07, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is an open-world singleplayer RPG with combo-based action and the trappings of an MMORPG. Reckoning is set in Amalur, the same setting as 38 Studios' planned MMO codenamed "Copernicus."

Is it worth getting if your a RA Salvatore fan, plus fantasy RPG

JCrichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By JCrichton

I heard about this game when it was first announced and heard RA Salvatore, i have to play this. I played PC and other D&D games and stuff and read some of his books but am wondering if this game is good enough on its own to get or has enough story (by RA) to get it just being a fan of his. It looks great and the fighting system looks fun, but is it worth getting it now as a fan or just wait til it price drops. thanks

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz

I think he just consulted and advised the writers on this game (i actually don't know how much he was involved in this reckoning game), he did create the world of Amalur.

JCrichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By JCrichton

I thought thats what it was. But he is someone if they say hey, he was part of it no matter how small i consider getting it. True fanboy I guess. but thanks. that helps with my decision

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By buft

I would say that if that's 2 of your interests then this is exactly the game for you.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jimbo

Nah, doesn't sound in your wheelhouse at all.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By project343

@JCrichton: The lore in the world is utterly fascinating. I'm truly mystified by it. Honestly, I've got zero exposure to his work, but you can tell that a master crafted the backstory.

StrikeALight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By StrikeALight

@Jimbo said:

Nah, doesn't sound in your wheelhouse at all.

xD

Flaboere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Flaboere

@project343 said:

@JCrichton: The lore in the world is utterly fascinating. I'm truly mystified by it. Honestly, I've got zero exposure to his work, but you can tell that a master crafted the backstory.

Then, don't read any of his stuff, and this way you'll keep that image of RA Salvatore as a master :-S

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By John1912

I only read a few of the Books with Drizzt about 20 years ago. Im not too far into the game, but I dont see anything to point to his lending a hand to the world. Also not really caring for the game all that much. Still early, but I think the demo gave a pretty good impression of what the game is. Maybe 3 hours in?

Kinda small thing I guess, but one of the things that irks me was I reached the first town. and tried the blacksmithing. Really having no idea what I was doing. Seemed like I had 2 of 5 items needed to make a sword. Clicked ok, guess 2 was all i needed. Flaming Sword.....First item i make is a flaming sword...Save something for late game!

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By amir90

@John1912 said:

I only read a few of the Books with Drizzt about 20 years ago. Im not too far into the game, but I dont see anything to point to his lending a hand to the world. Also not really caring for the game all that much. Still early, but I think the demo gave a pretty good impression of what the game is. Maybe 3 hours in?

Kinda small thing I guess, but one of the things that irks me was I reached the first town. and tried the blacksmithing. Really having no idea what I was doing. Seemed like I had 2 of 5 items needed to make a sword. Clicked ok, guess 2 was all i needed. Flaming Sword.....First item i make is a flaming sword...Save something for late game!

You read them when they came out basically.

:O

kiwi_whisker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kiwi_whisker

@John1912 said:

It says on the interface, but the first two are required, the others are optional and unlock as your progress in blacksmithing. They add additional bonuses to items you make.

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By John1912

@kiwi_whisker said:

@John1912 said:

It says on the interface, but the first two are required, the others are optional and unlock as your progress in blacksmithing. They add additional bonuses to items you make.

Yea, was too tired to be bothered reading the interface. Point was, my first item has what should be a mid to late game enchant. Made a flaming sword the most boring thing in the game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.