Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Aug 18, 2010

A departure from the usual gameplay of the Tomb Raider franchise, this download-only game features a fixed, isometric camera angle and concentrates on co-op combat, platforming, and puzzle solving.

Should I buy it for the singleplayer?

Scarz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Scarz09

I don't have anyone local who is interested in playing it with me and it looks really good but i can't decide if i should get it just for the singleplayer, atleast until the online co-op comes.
    Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Raven10

Well I would just wait until the online MP comes out. It's only a couple of weeks away. No harm in waiting a couple of weeks is there?

JamesBoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By JamesBoyce

You can definitely still have a fun time in singleplayer, it's still competent.  It's definitely designed for coop but they haven't made it impossible or unplayable in singleplayer.  Basically, if the idea of the game appeals to you - get it for the sp and then you can pick it back up in September when the online coop comes!

piderman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By piderman

I'd say yes. Single player is fun and it has some replay value to get all the items. If you like the demo, go for it :)

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Diamond

Yea I'm really liking it.  A lot of depth to it and the combat is really satisfying.

maxszy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By maxszy

I've only played it co-op so far. About 4 hours. But after that experience, I can't wait to go back and play through it on single player. So while, it may be a bit better cooperatively, I would say its worth the money. The coop will come, and its surprisingly deep and rich for only $15.

Marmaladebrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Marmaladebrat

I have only played single player so far and have really enjoyed it. I probably spent a little too much time with it yesterday.
    louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By louiedog

I've been playing both singe player by myself and multiplayer with my girlfriend. It's quite a different experience because you need to tackle most of the puzzles in a different way. I'd say it's definitely worth it for the single player, and different enough in co-op that you'll want to play through it again in a month when you can play online.

Scarz09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Scarz09

Thanks guys i got it and am loving it so far.
    fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By fox01313

While the single player is fun if you manage to get a lot of the challenges & main story done it will take you about 5-6 hours roughly depending on how stubborn you are with trying to get some of the challenges. After getting the game today I definitely plan on going back to get better though it clearly isn't as replay addictive to me as Shadow Complex, highly recommended.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.