Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

Interested in a beginners guide?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TobbRobb
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By TobbRobb

League of Legends "and the MOBA genre in general" is known to have quite a high learning curve and tend to scare new players off. In almost every LoL related thread here on Giant Bomb, I see people showing a small interest in playing but can't be bothered or are scared to learn the game.

Now, I and resident member @Azteck and a few of our friends, want to try making a very basic video guide for new players. Stuff we want to show would range between UI/control stuff and some of the basic rules that every game follows, such as laning, team setups, character roles and all the silly jargon that goes with it. If these videos are received well enough, we also want to go with some more in depth tactics and guides for individual champions.

So my question to you, if we make this, would you watch it? It will of course be free, but we intend to host it on our own site.

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EvilAshe

Sounds like a great idea. I hit level 30 recently but I still suck and have alot to learn, I'd be particularly intrested in the individual champion guides. A suggestion, while this would be a ways off since it'd make more sense to cover basic gameplay first, to not just make champion guides but to also have a full game played as each of the champions to go with it? It's one thing to hear about builds, skill orders, combos and so on, but seeing them in effect over a full game would give a great "big picture" idea of how to effectively play any given Champion.

Also, a "common dumbass mistakes" video would be awesome, things like chasing wounded a enemy into their jungle and tower diving at low levels (c'mon we've all done it).

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#4  Edited By BeachThunder

Maybe; I don't think I have any interest in playing a MOBA game, but I really would like to understand what exactly a MOBA game is...

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Azteck
    @EvilAshe Thats a fantastic suggestion, it's definitely something I could've used when I started out. If this kicks off them we'll definitely do something like that.

Thanks for your input
    Duncs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Duncs

People may want to search around on www.leaguecraft.com or do a google search. There are, iirc, a few guides like this knocking around already. Problem is, the game changes month to month, so anything beyond the very basics gets outdated a few months down the line.

But yes, it's a good idea even if there are others! MOBAs are great fun once you get into them, so anything that smoothes out that learning curve is only a good thing.

Detrian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Detrian

If you are going to make something make a zoning tutorial because the "official" one makes me want to puke. See how that is received and go from there but really, youtube is full of tutorials so it'll be an uphill battle.

GNCD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GNCD

I say make one. I still have a lot to learn and any tips would be helpful.

BTW, do any of you guys know what is the max number of characters allowed for the summoner name change? Is it 16 or 25?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.