Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

League of Legends

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 27, 2009

A free-to-play competitive MOBA game with a large following in eSports. From the original developers of DotA: Allstars, the game expands the gameplay found in DotA by adding persistent Summoner profiles and a variety of original champions who fight for you on the battlefield against bots or one another.

The new jungle

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By benpack

It sucks, right? It completely discourages ganks and the reduced xp and gold is more crippling to junglers I think.

EvilAshe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilAshe

Is it even out yet?

TimFReilly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TimFReilly

I like that jungling is a less of a specialization than it was before. Allows non-30 friends to try it and a wider variety of heroes. You can clear it faster and some of the reduced rewards are made up by faster respawns. It's hard to say how this will change in the metagame, so for now this is all speculation.

InfernoChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By InfernoChaos

Its frankly terrible. It has gotten so slow and now people are even less inclined to ever gank now and just stay in the jungle forever and despite staying in jungle for so long because of the lowered XP and Gold rates they remain constantly behind people in normal lanes.

Garfield518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Garfield518
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By valrog

Counterjungling got killed, that's for sure.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By YI_Orange

Well..guess Shaco and Lee Sin will are gonna see way more bench time for me and rules out the possibility of buying Olaf for now.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By mazik765

Yeah, I'm not a fan. I wouldn't say it ruins jungling, as I can still do it fairly well on Nocturne, but the small amount of gold you get certainly is annoying.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By jakob187

Guys, I'm going to say this, and before you flame the beginning of it, listen to the rest of it. Here goes:

BOO-FUCKEDY-HOO.

The jungle change sucks if you are looking at it from the perspective of continuing to play the same in a stale state of general team comps: solo top, mid carry, jungler, AD ranged/support on bot. The jungle was always meant to be a SUPPLEMENTAL form of XP and money for when you are being denied in lane. That's what they've done. You can start as a jungler without smite now on most champs, then go in...get level two...and get a gank on top. First blood, then either go back into the jungle for a little bit more...or here's an idea: go to a lane, like solo top. Seriously, if duo lanes on bot are getting more farm and level than a solo in the jungle, why the fuck stay in the jungle all the goddamn time?

It's all about playing smarter, not harder. If you are doing dedicated jungle, then you need to be deep enough into Utility to get XP gain...which nerfs the FUCK out of you elsewhere...or you need to be deep into defense for 24g/champ kill, which nerfs the FUCK out of your Utility capability. It's about choices - risk and reward.

Personally, I was pissed last night when I picked up Volibear and went to jungling. The first round sucked ballsacks. I was underleved and underfarmed. The second round was vastly different. Ganked at level 2, got a kill top. Moved into lane instead of continuing into jungle, and then constantly kept getting the buffs on people that NEEDED them. Red on AD ranged and Blue on AP mid. Lemme tell ya - we fucking wrecked shit in that match.

Now, I'm personally glad they killed dedicated jungling. It was about time. Riot has always talked about how they want League of Legends to NOT be a "passive" type of game like DOTA. This just pushes that mantra further by saying "get in a lane and fucking fight, goddammit".

For the longest time, my friends and I have said the following: "dedicated junglers are guys that are no good in lanes". I'm not talking about the champs themselves. I'm talking about the players. Jungle takes literally no skill to go through. It's nothing more than a pattern. Going into a lane and dodging skillshots? Last hitting minions without getting wrecked? That takes some skill. People wanted to take LoL to a minimum level of skill required in order to make up for idiots who play the game. That's why dedicated jungling became a "thing". If a baddie could go into this easily-patterned place and get farmed up, the gear he buys should end up being able to help him not suck nearly as many balls.

Now, they've nerfed the gear, the jungle itself, and the potions you use in there.

All of that is not the only reason for the nerf. Part of it is also because of all the people that bitched about not being able to jungle. "Oh, I can't jungle with Teemo, boohoo boohoo". Well, now you can. It's stupid anyways, but go ahead, you fucking Yordle. Go jungle.

Seriously, people need to just get over the idea of a dedicated jungler and start getting back into lane, pushing those fuckers, and murdering some bitches.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By TobbRobb

Sucks... I really enjoyed jungling before, but now it's just pathetically easy and less viable since I get underleveled without some hardcore farming. I don't even see the reason why, it was fine as it was.

If it's all about getting lower level players into the jungle, then they should just have made tiered matchmaking and have lower level games get weaker jungle creeps. At least that way the higher tier jungling wouldn't suffer.

shaunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shaunk

I'm not a jungler and haven't played since Sunday. What have they done to jungling? From what I get from these posts they are weaker now with less experience bonus? I don't know how I feel about that, because if it nullifies the importance of having a jungler it might cause my team to play differently and thus me because I solo top lane.

@jakob187: But wouldn't you say that with Counter Jungling and dealing with counter jungling that kind of makes it more challenging anyways?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valrog

@YI_Orange said:

Well..guess Shaco and Lee Sin will are gonna see way more bench time for me and rules out the possibility of buying Olaf for now.

The only good thing about the patch, really. Finally goddamn Lee Sin won't be in every game.

benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By benpack

@jakob187: Eh, I still think it's no good.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jack268

It gives more gold per kill does it not? 

And if they were to change it back in two months people would be crying too. Everyone hates change.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@InfernoChaos said:

Its frankly terrible. It has gotten so slow and now people are even less inclined to ever gank now and just stay in the jungle forever and despite staying in jungle for so long because of the lowered XP and Gold rates they remain constantly behind people in normal lanes.

That's exactly what I knew would happen despite Riot saying otherwise, great...

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Azteck

The jungle leaves you so incredibly weak that it's not viable in the least. If they wanted to simplify the metagame that was in action, they should not have changed it this way if you ask me. There was no need.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By artgarcrunkle

Whoa so I played my first game since this patch and wow. Played top as GP with Shyvana and she was wiping creep waves with her W so I couldn't last hit as much as I'd like. Went into the jungle to make up levels and gold and ended up falling two levels behind my team and being broke as shit with Gangplank.

Also GP is Anime As Fuck now, icky.

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FluffyZombeh

As long as Jungle Shaco is benched for a while until they fix it, I'm gonna be a happy AP carry with no Shaco ganks.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By artgarcrunkle

@FluffyZombeh: You're glad they ruined jungling because you couldn't deal with a bad champ who is easy to counter :|

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jace

@GlenTennis said:

It sucks, right? It completely discourages ganks and the reduced xp and gold is more crippling to junglers I think.

Would you mind sharing your summoner name? It'd be awesome to play a few with you.

FluffyZombeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FluffyZombeh

@artgarcrunkle: Well, I realized how bad it was like yesterday. So yeah I'm against it and I'm pretty sure they're already making a hot fix for it.

emergency

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By emergency

I'm pretty against the changes but just playing with them regardless. Played a few good games as Master Yi without smite just doing small jungle creeps and ganking a lot. It works great when I can get an early kill or assist and doesn't work out that well till late game if not. But, I guess it's been kinda fun. Wouldn't have been possible without the jungle nerfs.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24  Edited By Demyx

@xobballox: it definitely warrants a new page imo,

buuuut. Its an interestinr improvement. I do know that I can jungle Karma with a Doran's ring and do a ful clear and maybe drop to half health. If I actually had pots, probably would do even better.

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sjupp

@jakob187: You know what. That's so spot on it's ridiculous. I've never thought about it this way. Maybe I should take up some junglin having never done it ("properly") before and thus not being locked into that mindset.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.