Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Left 4 Dead 2

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

In the sequel to Valve's cooperative zombie shooter, a new team of four ragtag survivors must work together to survive the apocalypse, facing new Infected threats as they fight their way across the Southern United States.

Brightness Shenanigans

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TwilitEnd656

So, I got Left 4 Dead 2 this morning. I started up the first campaign, and proceeded to experiment with the video settings. I'd gotten everything to what was best for my PC: it looked decent, and the framerate was a little above plain playable. However, Once I changed the map to the No Mercy campaign, this is how it turned out.

No Caption Provided

Maps that are particularly darker (ie the Mall, Mill Escape, etc) have the same problem.
    The brightness setting itself isn't the problem, as the daytime maps display just as they should. Perhaps the strangest thing is that, after I joined an online game of No Mercy to see how it was, using the "take a break" option instantly made everything normal. However, if left alone, it would gradually revert to its previously darkened state (clicking to start playing again did the same thing: better, then darkens gradually). Does anyone have ANY words of wisdom to give to this newcomer to PC gaming?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.