Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lichdom: Battlemage

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 26, 2014

A first-person action-RPG based heavily around spellcasting. The first game from independent developer Xaviant, and one of the first titles to use CryEngine 3.

Lichdom on Console: Worst frame-rate DF's ever tested.

eloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

The performance is down the toilet on this one. I can't even fathom how something like this is allowed to get through cert. But oh, I'm sure all the buttons are in the correct places on the main menu, right?

Quote: "Lichdom Battlemage PS4/Xbox One: Worst Frame-Rate We've Ever Tested"

Spoilers: 15fps, 2 minute loading times, severe black crush/broken gamma + tearing on XBone.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rethla

It will run at a stable 30FPS on PS Neo. Still i played The Witcher 1 on similar conditions so as long as the game itself is good...

edit: Also someone should teach all these internet videoguys how to calibrate a screen. "Both consoles are running at standard settings here" - Well theres your problem....

zombievac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@rethla said:

It will run at a stable 30FPS on PS Neo. Still i played The Witcher 1 on similar conditions so as long as the game itself is good...

edit: Also someone should teach all these internet videoguys how to calibrate a screen. "Both consoles are running at standard settings here" - Well theres your problem....

Yeah, that annoys me that they, and many others, think the default "safe" settings should be what is used, rather than the best for any modern screen. Quite ridiculous to think losing the Low-BlackLevel HDMI setting (so you get a washed out image with greys instead of deep blacks), and others, is the acceptable way to go.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

@rethla: ...which is why I think the NEO is such a bullshit move on Sony's part. "Here's this game that runs at 15fps, but if you get the NEO, it'll run at 30fps!!!" People will outrage "but 15fps isn't a stable framerate" and Sony will say "but the NEO version at least meets what the Base version does."

As far as the game, to be fair, that CryEngine is no fucking joke. Even with our computers here at the LAN center, the PC version of the game runs about 25-30 fps with moderate settings turned on.

It's really sad that the game is having these issues, though. It's a good game. Not great, and there's not really any replay value, but the spellcrafting system and the gameplay are fucking fun!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.