Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lords of the Fallen

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 28, 2014

A fantasy action-RPG developed by CI Games and Deck 13 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. The protagonist, convicted and ostracized for his crimes by a draconian society, is called upon to stop an army of demons commanded by a god who was long ago overthrown.

IGN: Seven Minutes of Dev Gameplay

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

So, I've never looked into ever caring about any Souls game, and that there Dark Souls II game looks alright, yet at no point am I ever going to buy it. Yet, this thing though, I'm intrigued by. It seems slightly faster, prettier, and all around interesting game. Its certainly very possible, that it might not even be better, nor up to task of being anywhere a scope of a Souls game. I actively try not to watch people play Dark Souls. Because gosh, I don't care.

Yet.. Somehow, this intrigues me. It seems that there's maybe some more magic combat, and maybe some more rolling. The enemy at the beginning seems cool, and that boss at the end seems alright.

As at least a next-gen game, you down to play?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Aegon

I like how he dismisses Dark Souls being a big influence despite how freaking obvious it is. Y'all got your levers, your rolls, enemies hiding in corners, timing based "critical strikes," life bars above heads, and the most glaring similarity, the movement of the character.

Edit: Oh and wow, equip weapon in both hands to deal more damage with your shield on your back.

That being said, it doesn't mean another take on the Souls formula isn't welcome. Seems like it could be a cool character action + souls mashup.

Aristotled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm interested, I find this art-style way more appealing than what the Souls games offer, and even if it does seem a bit more up-tempo combat-wise that really isn't a bad thing. I mean I thought Amalur was a pretty good game, and it makes me think of that in terms of combat even if it is toned down some (as in not being so over the top action-wise). Also it doesn't have bloom turned up to 11 and that's always a good thing.

Also coming to PC, so I'm down for sure

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Man that art style is way less interesting, but imagine a Souls game on that engine. And yeah, this pretty much seems like a take on Souls, but I don't have any problem with the industry taking cues from that series, so long as they're the right ones (which is still to be seen I guess)

Deathstriker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh no, it's Greg Miller. He wasn't too loud or overbearing like usual though. The game looks okay, not bad but not good either; would much rather play Dragon Age or Witcher.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Darji

this looks really good. I love more Souls like games and as far as I know this is from the guy who was responsible for Witcher 2 so it must be good^^

Fall 2014 looks like a great spot for such a game^^

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

The similarities to the Souls game are pretty blatant, but it manages to look just different enough all the same, specifically with the combat pacing and art style. I do really enjoy me some beefy character designs, and overall from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty neat.

I look forward to seeing more of this without the grating IGN commentary overlay.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

hm. It does seem to be more arcadey than the Souls games, but come on. A lot of this is riffing from the Souls series. It's clearly an inspiration.

That's actually kind of a good thing, but it's rather obvious from the gameplay. Hopefully it turns out interesting.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Humanity

It's similar to Demon's Souls but it's not blatant in my opinion. The one thing that did seem extremely similar was the backstab. I've pulled so many levers in videogames that I won't make an argument for who is copying who at this point. That said it didn't look too exciting. The combat is faster but doesn't seem to actually take advantage of the fact as the moves they showed all looked fairly standard and un-involved. I really wish melee based games didn't have attacks that seem to just slide through your opponent. You should be able to feel a large warhammer striking body; way too many games make swinging a huge sword feel like you're swinging a ghost-stick. Likewise the boss fight was really dull. Aesthetically it all looked a little too colorful for me - kinda Darksidersy -if you give me fantasy RPG I'd like it to be serious and dark rather than cartoony.

Might be a cool game but so far doesn't seem to stand out in any revolutionary way based on this short play demo. Perhaps when they show off the magic and classes we'll get a better feel for it, but if this is the crux of the combat - roll out of the way, attack, roll out of the way, repeat - then it's not incredibly impressive.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was that Assassin's Creed-y game at first. Anyway, yeah, this definitely looks a hell of a lot like a Souls game. Still looks really fun from a gameplay standpoint. Grown pretty tired of most of these boring non-Japanese fantasy worlds, though. I'll wait 'till I see more until I completely write this one off. :P

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Seppli

I like how unashamedly generic *badass fantasy* the art design and setting is. Not enough developers have the stones these days to do the expected and well-worn. Also - Particles!

The dev-dude talking was the hypeman of The Witcher 2. Recognized him right away. Hopefully this game will be as pleasant a surprise as The Witcher 2 was.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Tennmuerti

Hmmm, you know, looks not bad overall, not bad at all. I like the visual treatment. I liked how the first boss just started the fight with no nonsense. Combat wise it does not look quite up to par with something like Souls that boss seemed less threatening then your run o the mill silver/black knight in DS. There was no tension to any of it at any point. It seems very floaty and not at all physical, which is fine not every game needs to be like that.

I definitely see where the Darksiders/Darksouls mashup comparisons come from.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jimmyfenix

2014 Year of the RPG?

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks like dark souls, looks rad, if the challenge is there and the story is rad, will definitely buy

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

if Dark Souls' popularity means we are going to get a slew of third person action games where timing/positioning/attack style actually matters - then, well...

on behalf of me and everyone else who likes fun

Thank you From Software, thank you.

Aresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lords of the Fallen will be great RPG game. @jimmyfenix I aree with you 2014 is RPG YEAR:D but which will the best? In my opinion it will be LotF. For me great idea is chance to choice between three class and possibility to mix gear.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

Makes account only to spew a silly amount of praise for a game that is incredibly far from release... Sounds legit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.