Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Lumines: Electronic Symphony

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Feb 13, 2012

Electronic Symphony revamps the traditional Lumines formula with brand new music, unlockables, avatar-based special abilities, and touch based controls.

Anyone else feel like the leveling system is horribly broken?

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Elazul

First off, I just want to say that I'm pretty good at Lumines. Not great, I never hit the cap in the original or anything but on average I've been getting around 600,000-700,000 per game.

That said, I just hit the level cap of 50 after a grand total of only four games and one World Block bonus. The first game immediately got me to level 14 and after the fourth I was already at 29, but that friggin' World Block bonus just shot me up 21 levels!

I gotta say, I'm honestly really quite disappoited. Most of the reviews for the game made a pretty big deal about the leveling system and how the unlockable skins and avatars add a load of replay value to it, but I've now unlocked everything after what probably amounts to no more than 5-6 hours of gameplay. Sure, it's not exactly a deal breaker and I'll definitely keep playing it but I can't help but feel slightly short-changed. I mean, if you're gonna go to the trouble of putting a leveling system in your game you should at least make it take a while to climb, right?

So really I was just wondering if anyone else has found this to be an issue, and if not, why?

bugeater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bugeater

This has got to be a bug when the world block was completed. I jumped from level 26 to 50 as soon as I saw it completed. Everything unlocked too... Before I had about 33% of the avatars unlocked.

Elazul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Elazul

@bugeater said:

This has got to be a bug when the world block was completed. I jumped from level 26 to 50 as soon as I saw it completed. Everything unlocked too... Before I had about 33% of the avatars unlocked.

That's pretty lame. I guess I hope they fix it, but it's not exactly gonna do us any good. It's not like they can take back my save file and trophies.

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed your post count! Welcome to the site, dude.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Yeah I level capped. I contributed to the world block on day 3 and got nothing. It must've been done in like 3 hours. Something seems to be horribly wrong.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By unsolvedparadox

I'm pretty sure you guys are just a lot better at this game than the rest of us. :/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.