Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

My thoughts on the New Madden

JoshB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By JoshB

I would just like to say a few things.

1. I waited outside a target this morning for a half-hour to get this game. I got the collectors edition. 

2. I was wrong, the original edition would've been just fine for me.

3. NFL 2k5 was still the greatest game, and here's why. Though you can't argue that NFL 2k5 is better today than madden '09, it was a revolutionary game at the time, and they only charged 20 dollars. That made EA lower the price of madden, which was simply better for every consumer. So I mean even Madden fans had to have liked 2k5 on the simple basis that they got the game they loved for cheaper.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By twenty0ne

Woah, why is your text gray? I can't see it...

albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By albaker

Ok I had to highlight what you said so that I could see what you typed. Anyway, this madden at least is a better upgrade than last year's......

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HazBazz

You waited outside for half an hour? Why? You were'nt expecting it to sell out were you?

Avatar image for deactivated-6308c1821738f
    deactivated-6308c1821738f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 5

I agree about the price thing. If 2k sports could do xbox and ps2 games for $20, then I think a huge company like ea could easily do their sports titles for $40. I miss the old competition between ea and 2k. Now ea just steals all the licenses away and charges a ridiculous amount for them. Also, just to vent a little, ea needs to let the nascar license go. They have no interest in nascar and they have no intentions in making the kind of nascar game that the real fans want. Just let Papyrus make them.

JoshB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By JoshB
    HazBazz said:
    "You waited outside for half an hour? Why? You were'nt expecting it to sell out were you?"
    nah, I was just awake, I had to Drive to the airport this morning and was in the area of my target a bit early
    Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Shawn
    albaker said:
    "Ok I had to highlight what you said so that I could see what you typed. Anyway, this madden at least is a better upgrade than last year's......"
    There was an upgrade from 07 to 08?

No but I agree, this is a big improvement from previous maddens, lets hope they keep this up.
    Avatar image for killer_meatballs
    killer_meatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By killer_meatballs

I'll be interested to see what gamers think of this years Madden.  I know Xplay gave it a 5/5, but am waiting.  I couldn't get into last years Madden for some reason.   I think they try to add too much stuff just to make it different from the year before. 

I don't know, maybe I'm just getting old.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.