Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 09

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Aug 12, 2008

Twenty years in the making, a new Madden arrives, this gridiron great allows you to showcase your skills in this annual tradition of football Americana.

Over/Under Favre is back with the Pack.

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Esineon
    I know I know. the subject that has been beatin to death, but it has to be mentioned since our dear boy favre graces us on the cover of madden.

Will he, wont he... where does his future lie...
    ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 21

#2  Edited By ManMadeGod

It's going to come down to the wire this week.
    If the Packers can't trade him, Favre is going to show up at camp.
    If this happens, there is no way they can sit Favre. I'm sorry, but if that team actually starts Rodgers over Favre I will be furious. As a fan I want to win, and I don't care how bad Favre screwed the team. He's better than Rodgers and the Packers have a great shot at winning the NFC this year.

So I say if they don't trade him this week then expect Favre to start for the Packers this year.

Nik_NYG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Nik_NYG

Favre is getting on my nerves. All he is doing is hurting his legacy.I actually think he will end up with another team.The Madden cover will be ruined if he goes to another team.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Shocker
    Nik_NYG said:
    "Favre is getting on my nerves. All he is doing is hurting his legacy.I actually think he will end up with another team.The Madden cover will be ruined if he goes to another team."
    I couldn't have said it better.
    ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ManMadeGod
    Nik_NYG said:
    "Favre is getting on my nerves. All he is doing is hurting his legacy.I actually think he will end up with another team.The Madden cover will be ruined if he goes to another team."
    I don't think he cares about what other people think of him, he just wants to play football.

I love how when this story first came out everyone was with the Packers. Polls on NFL.com and ESPN.com showed it was around 60-70% wanted Favre to stay retired.
    Now, after the Packers completely blundered the situation, a huge amount of support has gone back to Favre.
    The NFL off-season would be so boring with Favre :)
    Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Esineon
    It reminds me of a shady break up... guy calls it quits. girl finds another guy. guy really doesnt want to leave girl after life without her. girl moves on. guy wants to move on but wants his lettermen jacket back. girl doesnt want guy tto move on with other girl... u get the picture.

I personally like Favre (eventho ima gmen fan for life), but in any other jersey.. it wouldnt be... the same favre.  if he goes anywhere, go to the vikings. that would be sweet. week 1 - favre vs packers. who seen that one coming a year ago.
    twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By twenty0ne
    Esineon said:
    "
    I know I know. the subject that has been beatin to death, but it has to be mentioned since our dear boy favre graces us on the cover of madden.

"
    I can't imagine Favre playing with another team...

But, it looks like he might.
    Jordan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Jordan23

I'm so damn sick of this overrated guy, I just wish he fade away! Everyday, him and the Packers are on Sportscenter discussing about the same issue as it seems for an eternity.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Systech
    twenty0ne said:
    "Esineon said:
    "

"
    I can't imagine Favre playing with another team...

But, it looks like he might.
    "
    Look what happened to Jerry Rice. It sucked when I heard he got traded to the Raiders about 45 miles away.
    ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ManMadeGod
    Esineon said:
    "
    It reminds me of a shady break up... guy calls it quits. girl finds another guy. guy really doesnt want to leave girl after life without her. girl moves on. guy wants to move on but wants his lettermen jacket back. girl doesnt want guy tto move on with other girl... u get the picture.

I personally like Favre (eventho ima gmen fan for life), but in any other jersey.. it wouldnt be... the same favre.  if he goes anywhere, go to the vikings. that would be sweet. week 1 - favre vs packers. who seen that one coming a year ago.
    "
    The ratings would be off the charts for that game if it ever happened.
    ManMadeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ManMadeGod
    Jordan23 said:
    "I'm so damn sick of this overrated guy, I just wish he fade away! Everyday, him and the Packers are on Sportscenter discussing about the same issue as it seems for an eternity.
    "
    Overrated? Someone needs to go back and look at his numbers from last season.
    Plus, there is nothing else going on in the NFL off-season; Favre is all there is to talk about. SC talks about Favre at the start and after that it's all baseball.
    Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Esineon

I wouldnt call the man overrated.. it seems like the hype of the offseason is putting his career under a microscope.

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Esineon

Now we know where the future of Farve will continue... the JETS... this is gonna be interesting.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By cspiffo

I would have liked to see him go to the Bears or Vikings.  Yah know, to shake things up a bit.  The Pack would have never gone for that though.  To me the Jets seem like a strange destination for Farve.  Sounds like he had to go with plan B...or maybe C.

Esineon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Esineon
    I have a Jets fan at work and soon as it was suggested, I said i can see it happening. I wont say I 'babe ruthed' it but i had a funny feeling.

cspiffo
    said:
    "I would have liked to see him go to the Bears or Vikings.  Yah know, to shake things up a bit.  The Pack would have never gone for that though.  To me the Jets seem like a strange destination for Farve.  Sounds like he had to go with plan B...or maybe C."

I agree. with the Vikings, things would have been soo F'd up, you would only have to love it. My philosophy if you cant join em, be their absolute worst enemy. Vikings week one could have the epic.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.