Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 11

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 10, 2010

This year's Madden is the 22nd in the annual installment and features the slogan "Simpler, Quicker, Deeper".

The demo is out, share your thoughts.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By jacdg

So the Madden NFL 11 demo is out on Xbox Live and it should be out on PSN as well (haven't checked my playstation yet, so can't say for sure) But what do the giantbomb football fans think about this years demo/game? Sure, the game is very similar to all the other Madden games, but still the changes to this years game is enough to make me buy it this game yet again. Gus Johnson is a great addition, and finally the play-by-play commentary is exciting! I didn't think I was going to use the Gameflow feature, but creating your own playbook and then seeing the plays show up is quite rewarding, although I tend to shit back to the old way of choosing plays when I' on 3rd down. The Locomotion has changed the run game to something usable, in previous game's the blockers weren't that clever, and while they still make mistakes, the created holes and running lanes work way better.

So overall I'm quite excited to get my hands on the full game, I've already placed a pre-order for the PS3 version, so I can't wait to sink even more hours into virtual football.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Played 2 quarters and deleted the demo... Looks like I'll be playing alot of NCAA because if this is what madden is offering, I'm not biting.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jacdg
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " Played 2 quarters and deleted the demo... Looks like I'll be playing alot of NCAA because if this is what madden is offering, I'm not biting. "
    Comparing demos, NCAA actually seems like the better game, unfortunatly I can't buy NCAA were I live, and I'd rather "settle" with Madden and save some money.
    CaptainCoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By CaptainCoke

Just played a demo game on the PS3 version. I haven't played since 09, and the game feels a bit different for sure. Gameflow is cool, I like that games are quicker now. Locomotion takes a bit of getting used to but is quite awesome when you learn how it works.

A letdown from the demo is the commentary, which was hyped up to be great. This is just a demo and maybe they cut out a bunch of stuff, but commentaires are still lacking in that there is far too little commentary happening. SIlence from the announcers during gameplay is not a good thing if they want to replicate the broadcast experience. Again, the full game (which I preordered) could contain more voice over.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#5  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @CaptainCoke said:
    " Just played a demo game on the PS3 version. I haven't played since 09, and the game feels a bit different for sure. Gameflow is cool, I like that games are quicker now. Locomotion takes a bit of getting used to but is quite awesome when you learn how it works.  A letdown from the demo is the commentary, which was hyped up to be great. This is just a demo and maybe they cut out a bunch of stuff, but commentaires are still lacking in that there is far too little commentary happening. SIlence from the announcers during gameplay is not a good thing if they want to replicate the broadcast experience. Again, the full game (which I preordered) could contain more voice over. "
    Announcer dialog is one of the most commonly cut features in demos. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least trimmed down in this case. Although if they were talking it up as something great, you'd think they'd keep it in there.
    hjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By hjr
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " @CaptainCoke said:
    " Just played a demo game on the PS3 version. I haven't played since 09, and the game feels a bit different for sure. Gameflow is cool, I like that games are quicker now. Locomotion takes a bit of getting used to but is quite awesome when you learn how it works.  A letdown from the demo is the commentary, which was hyped up to be great. This is just a demo and maybe they cut out a bunch of stuff, but commentaires are still lacking in that there is far too little commentary happening. SIlence from the announcers during gameplay is not a good thing if they want to replicate the broadcast experience. Again, the full game (which I preordered) could contain more voice over. "
    Announcer dialog is one of the most commonly cut features in demos. I wouldn't be surprised if it was at least trimmed down in this case. Although if they were talking it up as something great, you'd think they'd keep it in there. "
    that would explain alot, the commentary sounded all chopped like the game didnt know when to play it
    Avatar image for apocalypselater
    ApocalypseLater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By ApocalypseLater
    @DuhQbnSiLo said:
    " Played 2 quarters and deleted the demo... Looks like I'll be playing alot of NCAA because if this is what madden is offering, I'm not biting. "
    I had already preordered Madden long before either demo came out, but I agree that NCAA was more entertaining to play.  I assume that the Madden demo had been stripped of a few presentation features that were present in the college game.  I didn't dislike Madden too much though, but I would certainly like a sprint button so I could better control the speed of the ballcarriers. 
    Liono88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Liono88

Played the demo. Have not played Madden in 2 to 3 years because I began to despise the game-play issues that became bothersome however I was willing to give the new demo a shot. Played until halftime, I was winning 21-0 when i received the second half kickoff. I was curious so i went to game controls and noticed no "sprint" or "run" button, this kills me i understand they are trying to make it more realistic but it just fails.The new Locomotion engine works, the players pick up speed naturally however not being able to control when my players needs to reach their fastest speed really bothers me. For me it takes the skill out of the game. Madden Fail.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#9  Edited By EpicSteve

It's football

Frozen_Ice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Frozen_Ice
    @EpicSteve said:
    " It's football "
    dexterslu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By dexterslu

After playing through it a few times, I've come to the conclusion that this really is one of those back of the box features that will be most likely shuffled into the settings area of the game next year. Game plays a lot like last years, which is great. Graphics look like they've been tuned up a bit in certain areas and the commentary is in fact pretty horrific, even if it is just a demo - I'm kind of shocked it's this bad since they've been touting their new 'improved' commentary.  

With that said I just pre-ordered mine for the 360, if you're interested I just started a Madden GB Community League Thread here! check it out! 

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#12  Edited By Sooperspy

I only played a quarter and turned it off. Its just more madden.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By OneManX

I DL'd the demo and I liked it, but I don't buy Madden every year so all the changes were like night and day to me.

But the diehards they are gonna buy it no matter what, but I like the fact that the playcalling is streamlined this year.

Prymet1me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Prymet1me

play calling is not really streamlined, it just a lil quicker than choosing ask madden every play, but hey its great marketing.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude

I played it last night. The Jets beat the Colts 30 to 7. I played the Jets. 

I played with the default difficulty, not sure if you can adjust it in the demo. The fact that you can play 4 Quarters was really nice. I haven't played Madden in a while, but it took me no time to start throwing long. I liked the running game too, really felt like I had momentum, unless I was caught on the corner or behind the line of scrimmage. I didn't like some of the plays picked with Gameflow, but I used it a lot, plus you could always call an audible. Overall, it's a great demo, but NCAA is more my flavor if I were to buy a football game.

Avatar image for professorzombie
    ProfessorZombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By ProfessorZombie

So yea.... gameflow...... IS FREAKIN "ASK MADDEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PeasantAbuse

I had fun with the demo.  Luckily one of my friends bought the game so I can just borrow it once he's done and save some cash.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.