Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Madden NFL 17

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

2017 brings another Madden game to the table, this time with Rob Gronkowski on the cover.

Madden 17 good for beginners?

Avatar image for machofantastico
    MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By MachoFantastico

Hi folks,

So I have an interest in getting Madden 17 for the PS4 (currently £15.99) but I'm not to sure how beginner friendly it might be. I know some of the basics to the game and I'm sure I'll pick it up (like I've done for NBA and MLB games) but I'm curious to know how welcoming Madden 17 is? The last NFL I played was John Madden Football for the Sega Megadrive which was part of the EA Sports Double Header, which I loved.

It sucks that there isn't a demo for Madden 17, unfortuantely I don't own a Xbox One so can't try the game via the EA Access option so I wanted to know a little more about the game before purchasing. I would probably play mostly franchise although knowing nothing about the players probably would handicap me a little. Should note I'm from the UK and whilst American Football is getting more coverage over here than ever before it's still all new to me. Some tips would be welcome.

So is Madden 17 something you would recommend to a newbie.

pjgut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

My flatmate recently got Madden 17 on EA Access and neither of us have ever really played Madden before and it seems like a good place to start. It has a bunch of tutorials that explain how all the mechanics work so I think that would be a good way of getting used to the game and (not sure about this one) good play tips.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.