Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia II

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Aug 24, 2010

Play as Vito Scaletta and rise up through the ranks of the criminal underworld of Empire Bay in Mafia II, the sequel to the 2002 sandbox-style hit.

The Pedestrian Voice Acting -- Nolan North is Everywhere!

• 86 results
    PepeSilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By PepeSilvia

Nolan North: Voiced by Nolan North

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By CL60

People on another site are seriously arguing with me, telling me that it sounds nothing like Nolan North, and it's not Nolan North. D:

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By ProfessorEss

I was bored last night so I I decided to go back and play the first Uncharted.
    I was really nervous that the Nolan-explosion was going to detract from my enjoyment of the character.
    I was wrong, as sick as I am of hearing him everywhere, he's still soo perfect as Drake.

That video's pretty funny tho.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By AhmadMetallic

that is disgusting :\ 

im really tired of hearing his fucking voice

CharlieTuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By CharlieTuna

It just doesn't fit, I love the guy but man are those voices out of place in that game.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By FunExplosions
    @Meowshi:
    @LiquidPrince said:
    " @FunExplosions said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @FunExplosions said:
    " @LiquidPrince said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @LiquidPrince: Did you even read what I posted? I said I like Nolan North, but he is literally 2/3 of the pedestrians..and because of that, we get things like my video. Nolan North talking to another him. "
    Yeah, I read. Still, even if you do like him, this sort of thread puts his career at risk, because this perpetuates and eventually the internet, like the mindless sheeps they are will start hating on the poor talented guy. I get what you're saying about him being 2/3's of the pedestrians though. You have to admit though, that video you just posted was gold. I had to favorite it! "
    Well, that's technically his own fault, then. He should learn to pick his roles more carefully, and not pick every single one. It's also the fault of the developers for allowing something like this to be possible. "
    That is the dumbest thing I've heard today. Why would he turn down paying roles? Would you turn down jobs that help you, ya know... live? He is super talented. The fault lies with the developers, always asking him to just play vanilla Nolan North. That man could play almost anything, but everyone asks him to play offbeat Drake. "
    I thought you might say that. It's sad, but that's just not how "acting gigs" work. Take Leonardo Dicaprio, for instance. He's probably offered a hundred roles a year. Most of them are probably complete shit, from commercials to TV cameos to movies. If he took a bunch of them, even if he ended up doing a good job in the movie, he would still be seen in these shitty movies and be perceived as a bad actor. His oversaturation of the market would also lead to people getting sick of him. Pretty soon, he's getting offered less roles than ever before, and getting a chance in a good role is simply out of the question.

Every actor picks and chooses their roles. It's hard to notice, obviously, because we only see the roles they do take. Nolan North doesn't seem to be doing this at all.

And I know it might seem dumb to turn down paying roles, but it works out better in the long run. His voice will still be a known quantity, but will also be unique and powerful. The last thing you want is to cast someone as the lead to a game, only to have a bunch of the user-base keep comparing him to "that one annoying pedestrian."

Oh, and lol. I like how you always seem to read half of what everyone posts before replying. Look at what I posted above, in the second sentence. That part about the developers. You see it? Well, you seemed to miss is, as you repeat the same exact thing in your fourth sentence. "
    I read your whole post. It is still asinine. Why? Because you're just assuming he takes every role he can get... For all you know, he could be getting hundreds of gigs a day, anything from small background characters like the pedestrians, to full on main characters, and yet he might only be accepting some of them. Your whole argument hinges on an unknown factor... Also, actors couldn't be in more then one or two movies a year, simply because of the way films are produced. Usually they have 90 day shooting schedules minimum, and the actor always needs to finish one movie he's obligated to, before moving on to the next. They are not similar... So how about you think a little about the logistics of the situation, and maybe stop assuming things, and we'll be alright. "
    So you guys are basically trying to tell me that pretty much every voice actor besides Nolan North is broke? I know people like Jennifer Hale and Phil Lamaar do a lot of speaking roles, but there are plenty out there who don't do this many, and they seem to get by just fine. There are other ways to make money. Most people who are "struggling" voice actors have day jobs, such as waiting tables, etc. If Nolan North doesn't want to wait tables in his down time, then that's his problem. Those people are known as sell-outs. If Nolan North does wait tables in his down time, then he doesn't need to keep grabbing these ridiculous roles. ...But, like I said before, this particular situation is more the developer's fault than his own.

And, I'm not really sure what you (LiquidPrince) meant when you said North has all that dynamic acting range. He played the military dude in Halo, and besides that, I've only heard Nathan Drake in just about every other speaking role he's had. I'm not really hating on the guy, I love Nathan Drake, but I don't understand your fascination.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By CL60
    @CharlieTuna said:
    " It just doesn't fit, I love the guy but man are those voices out of place in that game. "
    Yeah.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By CL60

My god, the people on this other site are annoying. They are STILL yelling at me and saying this is not Nolan North because it doesn't say he is in the game on imdb and apparently it sounds nothing like him..

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By buzz_killington

Geez, I always thought what would be the next logical step for Nolan North to do more game voice work. Well, of course this is it. 
    Also, the producers who oversaw the VO and the audio people who put in the VO must've realized that this specific convo is... like this?? If it was me, I would grab a PR intern and re-record that piece of VO with my iPhone to avoid this.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By CL60

Oh man, now kotaku posted an article with my video.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#61  Edited By TheHBK

It is now the front runner for this years Northie.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By CL60
    @TheHBK: Awesome! lol
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By LiquidPrince

@FunExplosions said:

" So you guys are basically trying to tell me that pretty much every voice actor besides Nolan North is broke? I know people like Jennifer Hale and Phil Lamaar do a lot of speaking roles, but there are plenty out there who don't do this many, and they seem to get by just fine. There are other ways to make money. Most people who are "struggling" voice actors have day jobs, such as waiting tables, etc. If Nolan North doesn't want to wait tables in his down time, then that's his problem. Those people are known as sell-outs. If Nolan North does wait tables in his down time, then he doesn't need to keep grabbing these ridiculous roles. ...But, like I said before, this particular situation is more the developer's fault than his own.  And, I'm not really sure what you (LiquidPrince) meant when you said North has all that dynamic acting range. He played the military dude in Halo, and besides that, I've only heard Nathan Drake in just about every other speaking role he's had. I'm not really hating on the guy, I love Nathan Drake, but I don't understand your fascination. "

I never said anything of the sort. Voice actors in general need constant work because they don't get paid nearly as much as film actors. Refer to this thread.

Also here's his demo reel. He has variety.
    FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By FunExplosions
    @LiquidPrince: Holy shit. Touche.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @FunExplosions:  Yup, I know.
    IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Wow...I think they probably should have got some more voice actors in to vary the pedestrians a little bit more. {Got nothing against Nolan North, I just think this shouldn't happen in the game}

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LiquidPrince said:
    "
    @FunExplosions said:

" So you guys are basically trying to tell me that pretty much every voice actor besides Nolan North is broke? I know people like Jennifer Hale and Phil Lamaar do a lot of speaking roles, but there are plenty out there who don't do this many, and they seem to get by just fine. There are other ways to make money. Most people who are "struggling" voice actors have day jobs, such as waiting tables, etc. If Nolan North doesn't want to wait tables in his down time, then that's his problem. Those people are known as sell-outs. If Nolan North does wait tables in his down time, then he doesn't need to keep grabbing these ridiculous roles. ...But, like I said before, this particular situation is more the developer's fault than his own.  And, I'm not really sure what you (LiquidPrince) meant when you said North has all that dynamic acting range. He played the military dude in Halo, and besides that, I've only heard Nathan Drake in just about every other speaking role he's had. I'm not really hating on the guy, I love Nathan Drake, but I don't understand your fascination. "

I never said anything of the sort. Voice actors in general need constant work because they don't get paid nearly as much as film actors. Refer to this thread.

Also here's his demo reel. He has variety. "
    Whoa.  You just fucking blew my mind.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HandsomeDead

The thing that's weird is, as pointed out, Nolan North can do hell of voices and yet everyone seems to want him for himself.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By RobotHamster

Wouldn't it be ironic if they made a game about Nolan North and he didn't voice himself?

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @InfamousBIG:  Yep, I know.

@HandsomeDead:  Yeah, it's all their faults. They all want vanilla Nolan, which is great, but he has great variety.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By CL60
    @InfamousBIG: Yeah, Nolan North is pretty awesome.
    Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Azteck
    @buzz_clik said:
    " "
    I need to use this as my desktop image..
    FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FireSketch
    @DystopiaX: I copied that shit, pasted that shit in a text file, and saved that shit. That shit was awesome.
    PepeSilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By PepeSilvia

Wow the demo reel was amazing, I'll never make fun of Nolan North again. And I love his Nathan Drake/dude from Shadow Complex voices anyway, just glad to see he has a bigger repertoire.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CL60
    @PepeSilvia: You made made fun of Nolan North before?! Blasphemy.
    wsowen02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By wsowen02
    @LiquidPrince said:
    "
    @FunExplosions said:

Also here's his demo reel. He has variety. "

Too add to that, he was also Sigmund in Ratchet and Clank and he does an awesome Christopher Walken impression
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CL60
    @wsowen02: Yeah, I heard his Christopher Walken impression yesterday. it was pretty good.
    PepeSilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By PepeSilvia
    @CL60:  It'll never happen again, I promise! :'(
    EpicBenjamin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 46

#79  Edited By EpicBenjamin
    @buzz_clik said:
    " "

THIS IS WHY WE CAN't HAVE NICE THINGS.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By CL60
    @EpicBenjamin: But that's awesome!
    DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By DystopiaX
    @FireSketch said:
    " @DystopiaX: I copied that shit, pasted that shit in a text file, and saved that shit. That shit was awesome. "
    Are you referring to my "Northcity" game idea? because if so, and a game gets made, I demand royalties.
    FireSketch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By FireSketch
    @DystopiaX: Although I could, of course, develop that game solely by myself on my own time, hiring Mr North to record hundreds of hours of dialogue could be over my budget.
    Unfortunate, that.
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By CL60
    @FireSketch: Maybe he will think it's such a great idea, he will do it for free?
    trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#84  Edited By trophyhunter

Wait Nolan North is in the game?
    Then I 100% must get this game then.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#85  Edited By flaminghobo

This made my morning.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By CL60
    @trophyhunter said:
    " Wait Nolan North is in the game? Then I 100% must get this game then. "
    Nolan North makes everything  better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.