Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Mafia

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Aug 28, 2002

Mafia is a sandbox style, third-person action game set in the fictional city of Lost Heaven. The player assumes the role of Tommy Angelo as he rises through the ranks of the Mafia in Depression-era America. The game was developed by Czech developer Illusion Softworks.

This game still holds up

underthewether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By underthewether

I still play the free ride from time to time and I am always amazed at how much this game holds up, especially the driving mechanic.  I absolutely love how much differently the various cars handle and how your car can degrade over time due to damage. Definitely a big step up from GTA3 at the time. Can't wait for the sequel.

Guybrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Guybrush

Yeah totally, it's one of my favourite games. It still looks good and is great to play. The story is brilliant too.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ben_H

There's something about Mafia that I find is missing in GTA games.  I still play Mafia after beating it about 6 times.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By The_Icon

I love Mafia!!!

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By keyhunter

I got stuck on some stupid shipyard level full of snipers. Some script wouldn't activate or there was some hidden enemy stuck in the geometry, or behind a box or something. It was a pretty fucking terrible end(as far as I know) to such an excellent game.

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By The_Icon
    keyhunter said:
    "I got stuck on some stupid shipyard level full of snipers. Some script wouldn't activate or there was some hidden enemy stuck in the geometry, or behind a box or something. It was a pretty fucking terrible end(as far as I know) to such an excellent game."
    That level was hard... I guess u were chasing one of the brother's right? I suggest You drive a vehicle to pick out the snipers.
    Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Jackel2072

yes a vary awesome game. the worst part though EVER!  Was the racing level. oh my god that took me for ever! i remember i had to cheat a bit just to come in first. there was a corner i think on the first turn you could hop to get ahead of any one in front of you. still though, that part was fucking brutal! after that though, it had one of the best story's ever in a video game and some great atmosphere. I am really looking forward to the sequel.  

quick question. how many of you played the game on the PC or Xbox? i played it on the PC back then, but read later that the Xbox port was trash.

Aurelito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Aurelito

I wanted to replay it so far but I just couldn't.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.